Wheel Fitment & Question Thread

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
Boosted7M;1475765 said:
Hey well i been looking through wheels and i cant find anything that i really like thats an 8.5" wide. will the 245 fit on an 8" wide rim or should i just go and run a 235 up front?

it can work, but i would go with a 235 better fit.

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
I'm looking at SSR mesh wheels right now. The fronts are 17x8.5 +13, and the rears are 17x11.5 +19. I'm currently on tokico blues w/ h&r springs, both the front and rears have already been rolled. I want to know what tires should I run to make these fit without stretching the tires if possible.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
projectsupra;1477899 said:
Really, my Meister's had 3mm more aggressive fitment outside and they fit fine with a bit of camber and worked fenders.
Depending on the tire you choose, look around a 275.
flared fenders/worked fenders = same same :). I didnt mean bolt on flares, I should have clarified.

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
spiller;1478003 said:
flared fenders/worked fenders = same same :). I didnt mean bolt on flares, I should have clarified.

Thanks for the help. Sorry to sound like a noob, but how do I get the fenders worked? Do you mean like how rodel got his rears pushed out about an inch? Do I go to the person who rolled my fenders or a body shop?

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
M_31_07;1478024 said:
Thanks for the help. Sorry to sound like a noob, but how do I get the fenders worked? Do you mean like how rodel got his rears pushed out about an inch? Do I go to the person who rolled my fenders or a body shop?
some body shops specialize in custom work like that but i'd imagine it would be pretty pricey. you can flare the fenders with a guard roller if you are handy but you will almost definitely need paint work to go with it. maybe talk to whomever rolled your fenders and ask if they are up to the task.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Mar 3, 2009
Indiana
I'm looking at some Rota D2s in 17x8.5 and needing to know what offset should work well... looking to get fairly flush...

anyone with pics of a simular setup?

Will i need to stagger the fit or will 8.5s work on all 4 corners with the same offset... id like to be able to rotate the rubber every now and then...

Thanks
-AcId-

Dutch7m

7m for live
Jun 3, 2007
The Netherlands
Did i read Rota? :3d_frown:

jdmegoshirts.jpg

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Mar 3, 2009
Indiana
... personally... I like Rota wheels... sorry I dont have $2k to throw at a set of "real wheels" for a daily driven car that doesnt see the track... that has 130k miles on it and in need of a paint job... sounds like I have more important things to throw money at on this car...

Honestly... Whats wrong with Rota? Ive seen countless fairly heavy cars running them and lots of guys in the "tuner" car crowd like them... Im not into them because they look like high dollar wheels... I like them because they are light... look decent... fit... and would allow me to run wider rubber at a decent price...

I'd like to know the horror stories
-AcId-

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mk3design;1478310 said:
How will 17x8.5 +39 fit/look on a MK3? I need awnser asap before auction closes, lol

Kasey? Recognize you from AZSC... anyway, I'm running the Mk4 17x9.5 on all four corners, +50 offset, 275/40 tire all around. The fronts look PERFECT, but they're just a tad wide and affect my turning radius. Think full size 3/4 ton truck. ;)

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
AcIdBuRn02ZTS;1478532 said:
... personally... I like Rota wheels... sorry I dont have $2k to throw at a set of "real wheels" for a daily driven car that doesnt see the track... that has 130k miles on it and in need of a paint job... sounds like I have more important things to throw money at on this car...

Honestly... Whats wrong with Rota? Ive seen countless fairly heavy cars running them and lots of guys in the "tuner" car crowd like them... Im not into them because they look like high dollar wheels... I like them because they are light... look decent... fit... and would allow me to run wider rubber at a decent price...

I'd like to know the horror stories
-AcId-

Most people will bash Rota because they look like high dollar wheels without the price, now people that buy the high dollar wheels will try to find a reasons to justify spending all the money and getting the same result, lots of people will say that Rota brake, ok so let’s see you have a Rota wheel and hit a curb going 35mph damn your Rota broke buy a new $250 wheel no problem, hit a curb going 35mph with your volk wheel $%#& it’s bent but no one can fix it so you buy a new $900-1200 wheel ouch. My daily driver gets Rota

i got rota wheels on my lexus is300, they look good and they work what more can you ask for.

but on my supra :) Works FTW

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Mar 3, 2009
Indiana
lol...

If i had the money... I'd buy Works or simular... however... I dont...

What wheel is the D2 a "replica" of anyways? I really like the design of the wheel...

on a second note... hitting a curb doing 35... im not gonna worry about the wheel... im gonna be more worried about the control arm, strut, rack, and everything else that I just fudged so to speak:aigo:

I am curious to see the actual wheel however that these wheels are made after... I might just consider waiting a while longer...

Thanks
-AcId-

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
AcIdBuRn02ZTS;1479246 said:
lol...

If i had the money... I'd buy Works or simular... however... I dont...

What wheel is the D2 a "replica" of anyways? I really like the design of the wheel...

on a second note... hitting a curb doing 35... im not gonna worry about the wheel... im gonna be more worried about the control arm, strut, rack, and everything else that I just fudged so to speak:aigo:

I am curious to see the actual wheel however that these wheels are made after... I might just consider waiting a while longer...

Thanks
-AcId-

Volk Ce28N

ce28n1b.jpeg

one cost around 18x9.5" $820-$950 i think.