what the TRUCK!!

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
IJ.;1860160 said:
I like it!

I would have bought the B Pillars further back to keep a more swoopy profile and not so much of a notchback but it's well done and runs unlike 90% of the cars here.

an excellent point IJ

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
te72;1860024 said:
This is going to be bad for weight distribution. Lighter overall, but your nose is going to carry closer to (if not more than) 60% of the weight of the vehicle...

Its now a pickup he'll just trow in 2-4 bags of sand and be done with it.
Plus he had to have added extra thick steel braces underneath to minmize body flex, and thank Darwin it wasnt Targa.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
IJ.;1860160 said:
I like it!

I would have bought the B Pillars further back to keep a more swoopy profile and not so much of a notchback but it's well done and runs unlike 90% of the cars here.
No kidding, it has been done better than most of the cars here. So what if its not going to be a performance gain, it looks good, and you can actually fit something in the back lol. At least its not an autozone special.
-AM3

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I don't think the weight distribution would be all that bad, you're not removing all that much Mass from the back of the car after you remodel it, move the battery down the back somewhere and it'd be fine. :)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
bpillar.jpg

<pulling on the kevlar underwear> :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
enjoyer;1860151 said:
I've got an even worse one here:
88cc3e95f367599a-main.jpg
Kinda looks like an NSX at that angle...

IJ.;1860160 said:
I like it!

You would like it. :p

Your idea makes me think... AW11 style MR2 would be the overall look?

Maple191;1860223 said:
Its now a pickup he'll just trow in 2-4 bags of sand and be done with it.
Plus he had to have added extra thick steel braces underneath to minmize body flex, and thank Darwin it wasnt Targa.
Hmm, I honestly think that the hatch itself offers next to no structural rigidity, but where the 3/4 windows attach, the loss of that might not be helping matters much.

IJ.;1860254 said:
I don't think the weight distribution would be all that bad, you're not removing all that much Mass from the back of the car after you remodel it, move the battery down the back somewhere and it'd be fine. :)
You might have a point there... a good sized battery weighs almost as much as the hatch does, and it would be mounted lower, so... win-win!

Plus, you could carry your spare tires a lot easier this way...

Supracentral;1860260 said:
Any man who would do that to a work of art ought to have his ass shot off...
I can't think of anyone better equipped to do so. :p

IJ.;1860261 said:
bpillar.jpg

<pulling on the kevlar underwear> :p
Dude, I kinda like it! Looks a lot like a 550 Maranello. :)

...or a Jaguar XJ from the 80's. :nono:

Canuckrz;1860410 said:
I don't mind it, bearing its done to a car that could never be brought back to anything close to show condition anyway.
Could very well have been damaged (tree fell on it?) bad enough that it wasn't worth restoring to being a Supra, so... why not?