What the <explitive>!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
I've had two mkiii's and three BHG's between them, im sooo glad my daileys a Honda.
Take your time and weigh your options, 1J's are starting to call my name.
Good luck

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Bought mine with Rod Knock. No BHG YET... maybe in the future :naughty:
If i were you, id go ahead and get an el cheapo Honda. Drive around in that until you get the funds you need & in the mean time study the 7M engine, diagrams, etc. That way when you get the cash you already know what to buy. It took me about 2 months to get my car back up. There was a couple of parts missing & i got them by members on Supramania. It was sitting for 6+ months, i bought it, took 2 months to fix. The only thing about overhauling an engine is that it is time consuming.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Gota7MGTE;1659294 said:
If i were you, id go ahead and get an el cheapo Honda. Drive around in that until you get the funds you need & in the mean time study the 7M engine, diagrams, etc. That way when you get the cash you already know what to buy. It took me about 2 months to get my car back up. There was a couple of parts missing & i got them by members on Supramania. It was sitting for 6+ months, i bought it, took 2 months to fix. The only thing about overhauling an engine is that it is time consuming.

time consuming yes. make sure to bag and label everything you remove so you know where they go later on. organization is also key

ABNPayne

Jul 18, 2010
Macon, GA
Gota7MGTE;1659294 said:

el cheapo Honda +1

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Use that 2,000 you have and buy a good reliable Honda or corolla. Something with a small four cylinder to help on gas as well. A civic or corolla is a perfect choice. I am sure you can find on for a good 1,300-1,500. Check the car, if you don't know anything about checking a car, get a member from here that lives close by to help you. Let it run and get hot as well.

Use the money you have left over to do a tune up, plugs, wires, air filter and gas filter. Check brakes and all hoses to make sure none are brittle.

After setting up a decent good daily driver, buy a 7M long block, and start a build. If you don't get something, ask questions.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
IBoughtASupra;1659837 said:
Use that 2,000 you have and buy a good reliable Honda or corolla. Something with a small four cylinder to help on gas as well. A civic or corolla is a perfect choice. I am sure you can find on for a good 1,300-1,500. Check the car, if you don't know anything about checking a car, get a member from here that lives close by to help you. Let it run and get hot as well.

Use the money you have left over to do a tune up, plugs, wires, air filter and gas filter. Check brakes and all hoses to make sure none are brittle.

After setting up a decent good daily driver, buy a 7M long block, and start a build. If you don't get something, ask questions.

Good advice that might have worked 3 Supras ago.... :nono:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
IJ.;1659883 said:
Good advice that might have wored 3 Supras ago.... :nono:

Huh? I am not getting that one IJ. Do you mean this is the OP's third Supra?

Or is "wored" supposed to be "worked," then it would make sense. Not trying to be a smart ass.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
IBoughtASupra;1659918 said:
Huh? I am not getting that one IJ. Do you mean this is the OP's third Supra?

Or is "wored" supposed to be "worked," then it would make sense. Not trying to be a smart ass.

Sorry was a typo, he had 1 Supra it broke he got $$$$ from his GF bought another that was broken then bought a 3rd so I'm guessing there just aren't any more $$$$ left to buy a beater.....

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
IJ.;1659975 said:
Sorry was a typo, he had 1 Supra it broke he got $$$$ from his GF bought another that was broken then bought a 3rd so I'm guessing there just aren't any more $$$$ left to buy a beater.....

:nono:

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
To the OP:

Use whatever money you've scrounged to get a different car that will get you to your job. Maybe an old Honda Civic. Then use your job to earn money to pay your GF back. Then fix the Supra. If you do not follow this order, I suspect you will lose both.

Status
Not open for further replies.