What the <explitive>!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Driving car home last night some baaaaaad stuff went down. I blew the headgasket REAL good...like..the radiator cap blow OFF. Heard them rods SLAPPIN around, and very positive I spun some bearings.

I have 110 bucks left Till I get paid again, in like...5 weeks.

Anyone wanna help me kill myself? I am a bit of a wuss.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Its only a car. Buy another motor, or rebuild your if it is salvageable. Sounds like your boots/shoes will be getting a work out for 5 weeks.

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Yeah...I think all mk3 owners with a 7m should always have a backup motor in the garage that they are building...I'm strongly thinking of doing this myself soon hahaha

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It could be worse.......I went through 2 2JZ's in a month due to someone else's brilliant "mods" that I unknowingly transferred from motor 1 to motor 2. But this third motor is a gem....Thanks of course to our own Mr. Jeff Lange.

And before that more than a few 7m's.

Granted I have owned my car for long than most of you newer MKIII owners have been alive!

Seriously though, it all looks bad now, but you'll make it through and learn alot along the way that is invaluable, you'll see.

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Well, my gf is very awesome, and is giving me 1200 bucks, and i am attempting to sell my laptop for 800. So, hopefully 2k will get this car running again. I am planning on buying a donor car that is beat the hellllll, but the 7m inside already has an hks 1.22mm MHG, so....that is worth 800 bucks to me, plus gas/towing from san jose.

My next dilema is I HAVE NO DAMN CLUE HOW TO WORK ON THESE KINDS OF MOTORS WHATSOEVER!!!!

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
91blackeye;1658417 said:
Well, my gf is very awesome, and is giving me 1200 bucks, and i am attempting to sell my laptop for 800. So, hopefully 2k will get this car running again. I am planning on buying a donor car that is beat the hellllll, but the 7m inside already has an hks 1.22mm MHG, so....that is worth 800 bucks to me, plus gas/towing from san jose.

My next dilema is I HAVE NO DAMN CLUE HOW TO WORK ON THESE KINDS OF MOTORS WHATSOEVER!!!!

Lol well you dont know now...but you will. start reading :p

Here you'll need this http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/default.aspx its the supra bible. Read it, love it, live it.

And if you cant handle a BHG...your arent an MKIII owner :p

good luck lol

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
It is far worse than the good ole BHG. I need to drop this motor out entirely, put a new one in. Spun bearings, thrown rods, and bhg....plus something happened to the electrical system cuz now the stereo wont give me my opeth cd back!!!

whatabitch...

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
I am willing to pay a few hundred bucks to have someone in the modesto, ca region, maybe a little further...cuz..not too many people around here own one of these i dont think...I need help. pretty bad. If I am going to try and do this at home, I mean...dang...This is a huge undertaking, and I do have a fairly limited amount of funds to get it road worth again...2k tops is my budget...I really ephing hope this can be done...

So again, I say, I am willing to pay someone to swing by for at least a day and help me out....I am scared...I don't want to do more damage, you know? Well...I do not care about this motor, pretty sure it is unsaveable, but...the one going back into the car...THAT....that I don't wanna break. Plus there are all these wires, and plugs and hoses...

TT__TT

I am sad panda.

well, browsin CL for donor parts, and I find a black turbo targa 5spd for 850 obo. seller says it misses at about 2500, then is fine again. said he messed with cam sensor, it died. he let it sit, went to mess with it again, his hand hit the cam sensor again, it kinda came back to life....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/2139449256.html

ALSO, upon further reading, and guess work<which, yeah, I know guess work is dumb, but hey...it's all I got> I am thinking...perhaps, would the miss firing it does from idle-2500 be the tps? I have fixed that before by myself...I can fix that..But..I guess there is no way to tell without it in front of me...

but all rights and purposes, that black one there is all I ever wanted. black 89+ turbo 5spd targa.

please talk me out of a possible bad buy. I feel like this forum is currently my dr. phil for my car crisis. Sorry guys... I will shut up now.

should I buy that one instead and try and fix it??

gawwwwwww

SO in love with the WORST phvking car to own when you're a broke music major in college.....

FML.

Last edited:

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Just be sure not to over-extend yourself man. Remember it's just a car and can be put on hold until things come together better for ya.

Hell, it took me almost 3 years to go from my dead 7M to a 2jz that run properly.

Good luck with it, I would love to help you out, but I'm not exactly close to ya, what with being way up here in Canada and all.

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
I am just worried, I am for some INSANE reason, horribly picky about what I drive. My grandfather told me that the car a man drives says a lot about him...And I just really stinkin love these things...Dunno why, but I have learned not to question it. Also, I am worried cuz I am now car less lol.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
If this is your daily driver then you need to replace it with a reliable one that will get you to work/school and back. Do yourself a favor and don't buy another MKIII with problems. One is enough. Is there anybody in your family that has a decent DD that they don't use? Parents, siblings, aunts/uncles, cousins? Somebody has a car out there that they can sell you cheap, or lend you if they're cool enough.

I would put the Supra on the backburner if you really can't afford to fix it right now. Last thing you want to do is start dumping money into it, run out of money, and it still doesn't run.

Status
Not open for further replies.