What Grinds Your Gears?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
destrux;1845959 said:
I hate the people who honk at you for not breaking traffic laws like they do.

I follow "no turn on red" signs. I don't cut people off to get out of a stop sign 5 seconds sooner. I don't pass people making left turns by going off the road around them.

People piss me off.
Well said. When people seem impatient, I like to wait an extra couple seconds, or wait just long enough to leave only yourself a gap to get into traffic. For extra good effect, pretend to stall the engine. :p

Mr Bojangles;1845977 said:
What grinds my gears is when the people at Chipotle don't know how to wrap my burrito and I get 3 bites of just rice, 2 bites of just steak and a burrito heel full of cold cheese. White people have weak burrito game.
Dude, you live in Wisconsin, what do you expect? I have a rule about Mexican food:

-If it was once a part of Mexico's territory, they probably can make good mexican food. Otherwise, forget it.

Silver MK3;1846031 said:
I can't stand people who are to lazy or stupid to check their blindspots.
I hear you there... nearly been run over twice around here. I can see you, why can't you be bothered to see me? :aigo:

Poodles;1846525 said:
What grinds my gears? People who tailgate me in the miata. Doesn't happen so often now with the blinding LED brake lights though :D
You know, having an ash tray full of pennies and flicking them from the shifter seemed to work for me... probably wouldn't throw rocks from the tires so much if you weren't so close... I've actually had people whose headlights went OVER my car before.

On a related note, what I would love to see on newer (read: fat and tall) cars, is a special glass, akin to prescription glasses, that would make it seem like you're going faster, and everything was closer. :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Those look alright. Would be hilarious to turn around with a bazooka aimed at the asshole...

Mr Bojangles

Feb 9, 2009
Madison, WI
te72;1846625 said:
Dude, you live in Wisconsin, what do you expect? I have a rule about Mexican food:

-If it was once a part of Mexico's territory, they probably can make good mexican food. Otherwise, forget it.

Haha I clearly wasn't looking for good Mexican food since I went to chipotle.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
DreamerTheresa;1847629 said:
I haven't read it. I hear it's BDSM for the yuppie housewife crowd, which kind of grinds my gears, as they'll THINK they know what that scene is all about...
Haha, aren't they in for a good surprise... Personally, I see none of it around here, so there's no way I would be offended by it whatsoever, BUT... I think it's rather amusing as a whole. Not my thing (that I know of) but I can appreciate it with a giggle. :p

Mr Bojangles;1847645 said:
Haha I clearly wasn't looking for good Mexican food since I went to chipotle.
Touchè sir...

Zekiel

Jul 6, 2011
Arizona
What grinds my gears? People that parallel park and leave just enough space to trick someone into thinking their car will fit in said space. Nope. Then I look like an idiot after realizing the car won't fit.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Zekiel;1848450 said:
What grinds my gears? People that parallel park and leave just enough space to trick someone into thinking their car will fit in said space. Nope. Then I look like an idiot after realizing the car won't fit.
Well that all depends on the car you're driving. I bet I could have paralleled half of the cars I've owned into whatever space you're talking about...

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
When my girlfriend puts the toilet paper on backwards. Then says she does it because it "looks nicer". Then when I say that's retarded, she says it's better because "if we had animals" they wouldn't be able to spin it and roll it all out onto the floor..

but, we don't.

I love her to death but sometimes I hate the things people teach their kids :-\

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
RazoE;1841506 said:
Bad synchros always grind my gears..

My wife just says "damn, that girl has a huge ass! Look babe! *tugs on my shirt*"

Real women appreciate other hot women, not just themselves..

Sometimes I think she's tricking me when she tugs on my shirt and says "damn look at that girls tits!" .. I feel like if I look, I'll be in trouble, but, she swears otherwise..

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
ifyouaint1sturlast;1848725 said:
Sometimes I think she's tricking me when she tugs on my shirt and says "damn look at that girls tits!" .. I feel like if I look, I'll be in trouble, but, she swears otherwise..

trap.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY

+1

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Zekiel;1848531 said:
More often than not it's the Supra or the Elantra. Sometimes happens with the truck, too.
Wait... Supra? Elantra?

Kelly?

Man, that's as bad as that free candy van I used to visit on my way home from school... Fool me three times... asshole. :nono:

Zekiel

Jul 6, 2011
Arizona
te72;1848889 said:
Wait... Supra? Elantra?

Kelly?

Nope. Who's that? o_O

My boyfriend accuses me of putting the toilet paper on backwards. I don't get why that's important. The important part is that there's toilet paper in the first place! Nobody likes getting stranded...

RogueCustoms

Custom Painter/Fabricator
Apr 7, 2012
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
ifyouaint1sturlast;1848724 said:
When my girlfriend puts the toilet paper on backwards. Then says she does it because it "looks nicer". Then when I say that's retarded, she says it's better because "if we had animals" they wouldn't be able to spin it and roll it all out onto the floor..

but, we don't.

I love her to death but sometimes I hate the things people teach their kids :-\

That's F*#&ing AWESOME!!! I told my wife when we were started living together that the TP had to go a certain way too.

EPIC