te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IBoughtASupra;1843518 said:
You know what grinds my gears,

Parking on the street.
I don't normally do that, but eventually something is going to have to go out in the street unless I get a shop, or move into a house with a bigger garage. Option #2 is more likely, I love the house, love the location, but can't fucking stand the neighbors. If land wasn't obscenely expensive around here (ok, expensive for rural land), I would move a bit away from town...

DahnEEEE;1843526 said:
You know what grinds my gears? When I put it in reverse. :p:what::what:

IJ.;1843549 said:
Try nudging it part into 5th first then pull reverse ;)
And Ian to the rescue again!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
3rd and reverse for me most of the time, and it usually works. Doesn't grind, but it doesn't always go in either... I've tried the 5th into reverse thing, but it feels like something is trying to keep me from doing it, I couldn't get that method to cooperate.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I hate the people who honk at you for not breaking traffic laws like they do.

I follow "no turn on red" signs. I don't cut people off to get out of a stop sign 5 seconds sooner. I don't pass people making left turns by going off the road around them.

People piss me off.

Sent from my Huawei-U8652 using Tapatalk

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
People who see the light change from green to yellow and are half way through the intersection but decide to hit the brakes like there is no tomorrow.

This is then followed by a stop in the intersection and then reversing out of the crosswalk.

LunaVyohr

Classhole
Sep 30, 2011
Paonia, Colorado
If mine doesn't want to go into reverse immediately (W58), I just put it back into neutral, take my foot off the clutch, press it back in, and guide it in.

Mr Bojangles

Feb 9, 2009
Madison, WI
What grinds my gears is when the people at Chipotle don't know how to wrap my burrito and I get 3 bites of just rice, 2 bites of just steak and a burrito heel full of cold cheese. White people have weak burrito game.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
What is happening is a worn Trans tends to sag in the area where the input mates to the mainshaft, when you push the clutch the input "should" stop turning as the gearsets are constant mesh excluding reverse it's not an issue for forward gears, reverse is a Dog Gear with straight cut teeth, if the clutch is draggy or the trans sagged in the bearings the cluster gear will still be turning as you try to engage it.

Pulling any forward gear will stall the cluster allowing reverse to engage clash free.

As I said I use 5th as it's a simple pull down into reverse, you don't have to fully engae 5th, just push against the synchros and that's often enough to stall the cluster.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
When a customer has a different shop in a different state put in 550cc on his 7M with no Lexus MAF and no tuning equipment but then calls and tell you the car is smoking because the turbo is bad and asks about warranty.

Hmmmmm. What should I do.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I just wait for the pack to spin down :)

What grinds my gears? People who tailgate me in the miata. Doesn't happen so often now with the blinding LED brake lights though :D

Outside of cars, things that grind my gears:
- Not replacing an empty roll of toilet paper.
- Not leaving the fan on after you've dropped a bomb in the bathroom.