What Grinds Your Gears?

89niner

Jul 3, 2011
warshingtonia
You know what REALLY grinds my gears? People who ask if my car has the v6 or the 4 cylinder! And are serious! And to add to the face palm they think they know everything there is to know about supras and they've never owned one. Happened to me today, I honestly lost the ability to speak and might have suffered a small stroke.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
89niner;1852284 said:
You know what REALLY grinds my gears? People who ask if my car has the v6 or the 4 cylinder!
It's right up there with the people who DO own them, and are trying to sell them with those mythical "V6" engines...

What grinds my gears? People who hang up on me. I'm professional, polite, and do a lot of business on the phone. If you don't know what it is exactly that you want, and you get impatient when people try to clarify what it is you really want, to the point that you hang up on them? Call someone else asshole. Not my fault you have a shorter fuse than attention span.

Just a good thing that I can't strangle someone through the phone... :nono:

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
te72;1852436 said:
It's right up there with the people who DO own them, and are trying to sell them with those mythical "V6" engines...

What grinds my gears? People who hang up on me. I'm professional, polite, and do a lot of business on the phone. If you don't know what it is exactly that you want, and you get impatient when people try to clarify what it is you really want, to the point that you hang up on them? Call someone else asshole. Not my fault you have a shorter fuse than attention span.

Just a good thing that I can't strangle someone through the phone... :nono:

Ahhhhhhh this explains it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You know what grinds my gears?

When you female asks to hang out with you and your guy friends. You then tell her that she won't be able to handle it but she insists. Then when you are with your friends and you make a joke about either pussy, ass, boobs or something dirty like a rusty fish hook(urban dictionary) or the pirate(urban dictionary). This then causes her to get pissed off and calls you and your friends jerks.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IBoughtASupra;1854228 said:
This then causes her to get pissed off and calls you and your friends jerks.
Just gotta be upfront and tell your lady friends that you're a scruffy nerfherder, a scoundrel, a scumbag (do it with a smile, possibly a wink), and then she really can't be upset with you when you're a "guy" around her. :)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
RazoE;1854325 said:
Give her a Hot Carl and be done with it..

O man, I just looked that one up.

te72;1854413 said:
Just gotta be upfront and tell your lady friends that you're a scruffy nerfherder, a scoundrel, a scumbag (do it with a smile, possibly a wink), and then she really can't be upset with you when you're a "guy" around her. :)

LOL! That never works because they all think we are either joking or don't believe we talk about stuff like a rusty fish hook.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
People who talk out their ass about a topic they know nothing about.

I went to pick up some doors/bumper for the MKIII from a guy in Cooperstown...here's a few snippets of our long conversation, halfway through I gave up arguing and just listened because he was making an ass of himself:

Him - "Yeah this MKIII right here I'm building is good for 600 hp, just have to finish the body"
Me - "Wow, what's it got in it?"
Him - "Well its a 3.4L built with a full Brian Crower rebuild"
Me - "...oh. Wait, 3.4L? So its a 2JZ? Nice"
Him - "No its a 7M"
Me - "..."
(he pops the hood...spearco IC, stock 3000 pipe, CT26 sized turbo sitting on the stock exhaust manifold)
Him - "Yeah, its a Greddy (or something) turbo with a different wheel in the back, and they bore out the front. Greddy IC too"
Me - "OK"

later....

Him - "But a full standalone is really the way to go"
Me - "True, but piggybacks have come a long way. They've been used for decades now and they're easy to use"
Him - "Nah, my friend had a greddy blue spec and can't get it to run right"
Me - "...blue spec?"
Him - "Yeah, blue spec."
Me - "...you mean an emanage blue?"
Him - "Err, well, yeah."
Me - "Yyeeeah, you have to have a running car in the first place before you put a piggyback on it otherwise it won't work well, I can't imagine any other reason it won't work"
Him - "Well they're still not the way to go."
Me - " have an emanage blue on my car, I got it running in an hour. Its easy if you know how to splice wires"

later, getting more frustrated...

Him - "(stuff here)...but a metal headgasket is the way to go. You went metal, didn't you?"
Me - "Nah, just went Toyota with ARP st-"
Him - "You mean felpro?"
Me - "...no, I mean TOYOTA."
Him - "Felpro."
Me - "Toyotas gaskets are not felpro."
Him - "Yup! I come from a line of Toyota mechs, I know."
Me - "Yeah, ok"

after that bullshit...

Him - "But if you ever see an ignitor -- you know what an ignitor is -- you should pick it up if its cheap, they can't make them any more!"
Me - "What?"
Him - "Something inside them, they can't physically make them any more"
Me - "I see them on the internet for like twenty bucks used, there's nothing complicated about them"
Him - "Well they can't make them any more, so if you see them you should pick it up and just stash it away somewhere!"
Me - "I'll do that."

God damn it it pissed me off, but I really needed the doors so I didn't argue.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Good lord man... I'd keep away from that mess of a Supra owner. Scary when you meet some of the forum in real life, eh? :p

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Had my first full day cashing out customers at Home Depot for the Summer.

What grinds my gears are all the Chinese people(Home Depot In Flushing Queens. Flushing Is China Away From China) that come to the store, over 90% of them have bad breath. WTF!? I thought it was me, nope, I asked other cashiers and they said the same thing.

What also grinds my gears is when the total is $20.99, they will give you $21.00 and with a huge line, stand there and look at you after they get their receipt, waiting for their penny back. Seriously.

/RANT OVER.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
te72;1854930 said:
Good lord man... I'd keep away from that mess of a Supra owner. Scary when you meet some of the forum in real life, eh? :p

Too far away for me to even think of going back down there haha.

When I saw that he had an entire tan interior in his basement I asked why he didn't try to sell anything on any forums...he said he didn't like shipping. I'm really hoping he will forever hate shipping :D

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IBoughtASupra;1854942 said:
Had my first full day cashing out customers at Home Depot for the Summer.

What also grinds my gears is when the total is $20.99, they will give you $21.00 and with a huge line, stand there and look at you after they get their receipt, waiting for their penny back. Seriously.
Hey man, when you add up a penny here and there, it does eventually turn out into a nice little bonus. I still pick up change if I see it when I'm walking. One of these days that piggy bank is gonna cash out. :p

Oh, and I hate Home Depot's parking lot, they always kick me out:

p1855126_1.jpg

SideWinderGX;1855048 said:
Too far away for me to even think of going back down there haha.

When I saw that he had an entire tan interior in his basement I asked why he didn't try to sell anything on any forums...he said he didn't like shipping. I'm really hoping he will forever hate shipping :D
Sounds like a nice find. Wonder how difficult it would be to part him with that? :naughty:

DahnEEEE

Mar 31, 2011
Californiaaa
What grinds my gears are stupid drivers who tale gate you when the next lane over is completely empty. And then they speed up and pass u up only to hit a red light. Lol.

Or Vegas drivers who have mastered cutting people off and brake in front of u :sly:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Sure Brad, those pennies add up but can't you pass one penny up when the line is long.

I'm sure you know how long those Home Depot lines get.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I don't often pay with cash anyway, but I completely understand. I was a cashier at Blockbuster and occasionally when the lines got backed up at Fry's Electronics.

As for the lines at Depot, I didn't really care, I ran the freight crew. Be nice to those guys/gals if you ever see them, their job is tough and nobody gives them the credit they deserve. ;)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I don't know who they are. I just started, not even a week yet.

What grinds my gears is when you buy something on the forums and people scam you.