What Engine are you running?

Whats powering machine?

• Total voters

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
I thought it would be neat to see who has what powering the car.
be it 7M,7M-GTE,1G-GTE,1JZ,2JZ,1UZ OR OTHER etc....

Last edited:

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
So Ian, out of curiosity, why did you decide to go the V8 route? Didn't like the power/torque curves you were getting with the straight 6's? Wanted something different?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
It's a bit of a no brainer Trav, double the capacity 15 Kg's less weight and brand new! :)

My car is seriously heavy and as I couldn't find anything lighter to swap the 7m into that I liked this was the next best option.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I think we can guess where this is going to end up. :)

This is funny in a way... I've been saying for years that a significant factor in the 'weak' 7M reputation is simply the fact that it outnumbers everything else out there by a lot.

So, if there were only 5 times as many 7M failures as JZ failures, the 7M would still be the more reliable engine... and this doesn't even take into account the fact that 7Ms are on average 5 years older. :D

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
GrimJack;1363769 said:
So, if there were only 5 times as many 7M failures as JZ failures, the 7M would still be the more reliable engine... and this doesn't even take into account the fact that 7Ms are on average 5 years older. :D

100%

IJ.;1363575 said:
6.0L L98 Chev.

I'm beginning to think you were always a little different IJ :burnout:

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
GrimJack;1363769 said:
This is funny in a way... I've been saying for years that a significant factor in the 'weak' 7M reputation is simply the fact that it outnumbers everything else out there by a lot.

I never understood that point of view. I LOVE my 7m! Yes, I broke it, but I still love it. There aren't many engines out there that will take 160k miles of solid abuse. I boosted it every chance I could, even just going from one stoplight to the next. My buddy's LT1 camaro blew up at just barely over 100k, and his engine was 7 years newer (on top of being one of those "unbreakable" n/a small block chevy's).

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
GrimJack;1363769 said:
I think we can guess where this is going to end up. :)

Or the fact that it is weak stock.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Ok,

putting this in here before it heads that route.

If I even see the slightest hint:

of flame baiting. I am making sure you get banned

meh sux, blah r00lz. banned for 10 days. (tissimo since you are heading that route, consider this your ONLY warning).

So keep it on topic and not the X v Y threads.

Capiche?

--as you were!