What did you do to your supra today? Pics

mikejza70

Nov 3, 2012
mn
I eat about a can of spam a month...

Today I packaged up my AEM v2 so I can ship off to be repaired. Oh, and I was supposed to go to my dyno app today but my baby is missing her brain.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
jetjock;1942646 said:
Right. Because snot-nosed zit-faced kids who have NFI how to drive even though they think otherwise never do dumb shit in RACE!!! cars...

LOL.... Fixed...... Anyways, as my time with the Supra continues to move forward I am finding out that I really did do a lot of stupid things with my car when I got it. As time passes, I am starting to understand the beauty of just simply cruising while keeping my self and others out of danger.... I wonder what a completely stock brand new Supra mk3 must have felt. To just simply get in this car to go to work without any of rice crap that some of us do and don't even know we are doing it.... Time sure does change perspective. At first its all HP and ima do this and ima do that blah blah blah.... Then you realize its more important to change your spark plugs and oil than it is to get a stupid air filter or a loud bov..... Am I getting old? AH!!! What's happening to me :(

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
lol, I have no interior in my Supra currently (other than front seats, dash and console... ) and its a totally different drive then when it has all the interior assembled. Feels like a race car... cant wait to get the interior back in it... (especially the subs)

and yeah.. Im an old fart, but you cant beat the sound when you hook up a sub (not thumpin'.. just rich sound)

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Sside;1942934 said:
I wonder what a completely stock brand new Supra mk3 must have felt. To just simply get in this car to go to work without any of rice crap that some of us do and don't even know we are doing it.... Time sure does change perspective.

Kinda like this...

[video=youtube;tVR241S5usU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVR241S5usU[/video]

[video=youtube;YUP3qHEjPws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=YUP3qHEjPws&NR=1[/video]

[video=youtube;eILhHCRGCx8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eILhHCRGCx8[/video]

[video=youtube;aVwZIjRV3cM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVwZIjRV3cM[/video]

Okay... maybe not that last one...

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Couple notes about the Supra ads...
Mkii never had Abs... Very noticeable?
Wonder if Toyota shouldn't do a history as with a BPU mkiii and a 7m mkii...

Love the car.., haven't rowed my mkiii like he had to in a long time.

:D

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Sside;1942934 said:
..Am I getting old? AH!!! What's happening to me :(

It's called maturity, something lacking here as the car gets older and the owners get younger. And I could tell you exactly what it feels like to cruise around every day in a brand new completely stock MKIII if I could remember. That's called getting old.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Sside;1942934 said:
I wonder what a completely stock brand new Supra mk3 must have felt.

Buy this and find out lol

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?178688-1990-Dark-Blue-Pearl-Supra-Turbo-for-sale!

jetjock;1942954 said:
It's called maturity, something lacking here as the car gets older and the owners get younger. And I could tell you exactly what it feels like to cruise around every day in a brand new completely stock MKIII if I could remember. That's called getting old.

Yeah that's why we need the old farts to stick around to beat the less sensible ones over the head when they try to do stupid shit to their cars.
Idiot drivers have always existed and there isn't much besides time and natural selection to "cure" that, but you can fix idiot owners by showing them the right way and giving them a guiding kick in the nuts to keep them from perverting the car from its true form

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Sside;1942934 said:
LOL.... Fixed...... Anyways, as my time with the Supra continues to move forward I am finding out that I really did do a lot of stupid things with my car when I got it. As time passes, I am starting to understand the beauty of just simply cruising while keeping my self and others out of danger.... I wonder what a completely stock brand new Supra mk3 must have felt. To just simply get in this car to go to work without any of rice crap that some of us do and don't even know we are doing it.... Time sure does change perspective. At first its all HP and ima do this and ima do that blah blah blah.... Then you realize its more important to change your spark plugs and oil than it is to get a stupid air filter or a loud bov..... Am I getting old? AH!!! What's happening to me :(
That is pretty much how I am with mine now but I also want some good power to have some fun every now and then especially on the track. I just want to keep my car a comfortable GT cruiser with all of the luxuries, PS, A/C, etc. with some good power. I am still cruising around in a stock MK3 other than the KN filter for my turbo but other than that it's all stock and I am very pleased with it except for the typical old car annoyances, squeaks and rattles from my trunk hatch and passenger rear ball joint or bushing.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
jetjock;1942954 said:

Is the Supra in danger of becoming the next Civic? Just a lot faster... Affordable, tons of aftermarket support, cheap to make quick not fast just quick..... I am seeing tons of young and then younger guys joining the Supra world.. I keep seeing the same thing, the nicer Supras are owned by mature adults and then there are the really loud ones with more "mods" than Skyrim..<< Everything must be modified because what does Toyota know.. I heard a young supra owner the other day say he drilled holes in his cat because it would allow more flow therefor more SPEEEEEED!!!.... I don't know.....

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
yhatzee89;1942959 said:
Buy this and find out lol

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?178688-1990-Dark-Blue-Pearl-Supra-Turbo-for-sale!

Yeah that's why we need the old farts to stick around to beat the less sensible ones over the head when they try to do stupid shit to their cars.
Idiot drivers have always existed and there isn't much besides time and natural selection to "cure" that, but you can fix idiot owners by showing them the right way and giving them a guiding kick in the nuts to keep them from perverting the car from its true form

LOL my car looks nicer and newer than that one....

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I see the same thing the cleaner supras are owned by older people and the modded ones with missing front bumpers, makes me cringe to see that crap, are owned by young wanna be drifters. I am just glad that I have not seen a hellaflush MK3 if I do in person I will have to kill the owner and fix his supra to make it a proper and functional car.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Doat;1942970 said:
That is pretty much how I am with mine now but I also want some good power to have some fun every now and then especially on the track. I just want to keep my car a comfortable GT cruiser with all of the luxuries, PS, A/C, etc. with some good power. I am still cruising around in a stock MK3 other than the KN filter for my turbo but other than that it's all stock and I am very pleased with it except for the typical old car annoyances, squeaks and rattles from my trunk hatch and passenger rear ball joint or bushing.

Sounds like what Toyota was going for... I wonder sometimes, When the Supra mk3 was on the drawing board.... Did they ever imagine 1J Swaps with hacked up wiring, ugly hacked up welded downpipes, exhausts with no cats that scares cats into suicide, home depot lips, pot filters, removal of interior for more kilowatts, no a/c and forget any luxury Toyota designed for this car because weight is no friend of race car..... Iono.... There are right ways of doing things and there are also wrong ways.... To each his own, its your car.. But was it ment for it to be what it is today.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Sside;1942980 said:
Sounds like what Toyota was going for... I wonder sometimes, When the Supra mk3 was on the drawing board.... Did they ever imagine 1J Swaps with hacked up wiring, ugly hacked up welded downpipes, exhausts with no cats that scares cats into suicide, home depot lips, pot filters, removal of interior for more kilowatts, no a/c and forget any luxury Toyota designed for this car because weight is no friend of race car..... Iono.... There are right ways of doing things and there are also wrong ways.... To each his own, its your car.. But was it ment for it to be what it is today.
Well the JDM Mk3s did come with a 1jz and digital cluster, sons of bitches wish we got that here, when I do my 2jz swap I will keep everything. Only reason I am doing that swap is because I am getting the motor for free and it's in great running condition and I know the owner and he takes care of his cars very well. Also I plan on getting a new harness from Tweak'd Perofmance so there won't be a hacked up mess :)
jetjock;1942982 said:
This from the guy who's running a K&N. Thought you loved your car?

Btw I have bowel movements faster than most Civics. They sound better too...
What's wrong with K&N? I do plan on getting an AEM dry flow filter soon since apparently those are the best and everyone on here backs them up.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
jetjock;1942982 said:
This from the guy who's running a K&N. Thought you loved your car?

Btw I have bowel movements faster than most Civics. They sound better too...

He is running a KN filter, not K&N..... :D

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Doat;1942984 said:
Well the JDM Mk3s did come with a 1jz and digital cluster, sons of bitches wish we got that here, when I do my 2jz swap I will keep everything. Only reason I am doing that swap is because I am getting the motor for free and it's in great running condition and I know the owner and he takes care of his cars very well. Also I plan on getting a new harness from Tweak'd Perofmance so there won't be a hacked up mess :)

I'm all for 1JZ and 2JZ, when Toyota puts them in..... I just prefer an original car and working with that car (engine included) to work with... I see swaps as cop outs because they couldn't figure out the 7M :)... Not talking about you Doat... Jus in general.... A 1JZ done right or 2J is fine by me, love seeing them in mk3's but only when the person didn't cut corners and did everything right..

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Sside;1942992 said:
I'm all for 1JZ and 2JZ, when Toyota puts them in..... I just prefer an original car and working with that car (engine included) to work with... I see swaps as cop outs because they couldn't figure out the 7M :)... Not talking about you Doat... Jus in general.... A 1JZ done right or 2J is fine by me, love seeing them in mk3's but only when the person didn't cut corners and did everything right..
I feel the same for the most part I love seeing old cars that have been fully restored so it's like straight out of the showroom it's like a trip back in time. I would have built my 7M but since I have this 2jz I can easily get it to 400hp reliably and take my time with it while I still run the trusty old 7M. My 7M is a damn soldier, fairly recently I messed up on putting my timing gear on backwards and chewed up the front main seal and ended up with low compression on cylinders 3 and 4 then after my shop put on a new seal and I found a good timing gear at a junkyard from an MK3, very rare to find one in a junkyard, we put it all back together and it runs like nothing happened. When we first started it with the bad compression it ran like crap and I broke a spark plug top at the shop because one of the sockets I used loves to break them lol, so we changed it, checked that the timing is all correct and started it back up and she purred like a kitten. Been driving her daily ever since and not had one single problem even when I show her some turbo love. My 7M seems to fix itself at times I swear lol.