What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Thank you guys for the props :)......

And lol Doat, you saw it at night and without months of a wash..... I decided to wash it because it was going to appear in a film so I kinda of had to haha....

But dont let the picture fool ya, my paint is starting to perish on the hood.... Its literally just fading away as the weeks pass by..... The sides of the car still look pretty good when washed but I cannot wait for the paint job.... Big changes are coming to my car soon and well let me just say this.... Its going to look way different within the next few months... I hope I dont ruin it lol..... :D

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Doat;1936935 said:
Mine needs a repaint too especially on the nose and targa top

Yup same here lol..... Nose is awful, Targa is really bad...... Paint is going to be the last thing I do thou.... Once I make 3 million hp at the crank I can start looking for a good paint job...

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Sside;1936706 said:
Washed my sup yesterday and took a picture :).... School ends thursday for me so once it over I'm going to start making several changes to this car :p.. Here is one for the memories...

p1936983_1.jpg~original

Theres something about the exhaust that bugs me... probably just me, but i feel like its sticking a little too out. Great looking supra regardless!

heres mine. i don't know if you can tell/see what i mean. :dunno:

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Sside;1936957 said:
Yup same here lol..... Nose is awful, Targa is really bad...... Paint is going to be the last thing I do thou.... Once I make 3 million hp at the crank I can start looking for a good paint job...
Yea I plan to paint mine after I do my 2jzge vvti swap, a friend of mine is swapping in a 2jzgte into his SC300 and is giving me his 2jzge to me for free. :D

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Doat;1937025 said:
Yea I plan to paint mine after I do my 2jzge vvti swap, a friend of mine is swapping in a 2jzgte into his SC300 and is giving me his 2jzge to me for free. :D

Are you doing big brakes next or have you done yours already? After my 2JZGTE vvti is done it will be time for bigger wheels, bigger shoes, and better stopping power. Beefing up the A340 auto tranny next, then paint and interior will be dead last.

Definitely recommended for these engines.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Drake69;1937028 said:
Are you doing big brakes next or have you done yours already? After my 2JZGTE vvti is done it will be time for bigger wheels, bigger shoes, and better stopping power. Paint and interior will be dead last.

Definitely recommended for these engines.
I will be upgrading brakes in the process along with changing every line I can to SS. I am still researching the swap and build for a 2jzge VVTI, goal is about 400hp but I am debating on making a thread to come up with a parts list for what I would need for my build but I know everyone will say look at the stickies and clubna forums, etc. which I have been doing for the past week or two. Goal is 400hp but capable of 600+hp so I can daily the car and have fun with it on the track then drive her home. I also plan on rebuilding the R154 with Marlin Crawler.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
D.J.T.;1936983 said:
Theres something about the exhaust that bugs me... probably just me, but i feel like its sticking a little too out. Great looking supra regardless!

heres mine. i don't know if you can tell/see what i mean. :dunno:

Very nice white.. looks so damn clean :)
Reminds me I need to tint my winders.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Yeah I will eventually, right now I'm at the end of my budget and stranded in MD so I got an $80 2JZ one second hand and gonna use that :/

Does the higher amps make it so you can use more electronics and is that the reason the SC is 140amp? I'm electrically stupid lol

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
A bit of work on my engine. (I'd actually intended to work on pulling the transmission from my '89, but when I opened the garage door...)

Cams installed. The pin on the exhaust cam is missing. Not in the box of stuff I got back from the machine shop. :(

Cam seals installed. A crank timing gear makes an excellent installation tool. :)

EGR cooler installed? Gasket kit that I have has a paper gasket for the EGR cooler. Seems like a bad idea to me... I'm apparently missing one of those 8 bolts, too. :(

Fuel rail... Nope. I've got 2 of those stand-offs for the fuel rail, and one of them is missing the black plastic washer. I'm waiting on this anyway, because I want to install larger injectors. I was going to pull the 550s from my '89, but instead, I'm going to pick up another set.

Installed the crank timing gear. The crank key for the timing gear is fine, but the one for the pulley/balancer is missing, and not in the box of stuff from the machine shop. :(

#3 cylinder head cover... Nope. 2 of the fasteners are MIA. I know I had 'em, so they're in the garage somewhere, but they were in an area that my wife moves stuff around in, so I'll probably save my mental health if I just call em lost.

Got nothing done at all on pulling the transmission and clutch from the '89, which was supposed to be the order of the day. Well, there's still an hour of daylight left, I guess.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
dan_gyoba;1937172 said:
a bit of work on my engine. (i'd actually intended to work on pulling the transmission from my '89, but when i opened the garage door...)

cams installed. The pin on the exhaust cam is missing. Not in the box of stuff i got back from the machine shop. :(

cam seals installed. A crank timing gear makes an excellent installation tool. :)

egr cooler installed? Gasket kit that i have has a paper gasket for the egr cooler. Seems like a bad idea to me... I'm apparently missing one of those 8 bolts, too. :(

fuel rail... Nope. I've got 2 of those stand-offs for the fuel rail, and one of them is missing the black plastic washer. I'm waiting on this anyway, because i want to install larger injectors. I was going to pull the 550s from my '89, but instead, i'm going to pick up another set.

Installed the crank timing gear. The crank key for the timing gear is fine, but the one for the pulley/balancer is missing, and not in the box of stuff from the machine shop. :(

#3 cylinder head cover... Nope. 2 of the fasteners are mia. I know i had 'em, so they're in the garage somewhere, but they were in an area that my wife moves stuff around in, so i'll probably save my mental health if i just call em lost.

Got nothing done at all on pulling the transmission and clutch from the '89, which was supposed to be the order of the day. Well, there's still an hour of daylight left, i guess.
was that a slash at me gyoba!!!!!

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
yhatzee89;1937154 said:
Yeah I will eventually, right now I'm at the end of my budget and stranded in MD so I got an $80 2JZ one second hand and gonna use that :/

Does the higher amps make it so you can use more electronics and is that the reason the SC is 140amp? I'm electrically stupid lol

Just provides more amps to run your equipment, so if you turn your lights on and roll down your windows they won't dim for example.

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Worked on my rear alignment. Cut and welded my toe arms 15mm shorter. Modified the outer mounting hole on the camber/lateral arms, effectively shortening them by 8mm. I'm try to do this alignment for drifting purposes and helping with tire wear. Also got some new Energy Suspension bushings in and new bolts.

Marking out the lateral/camber arms for modification:

Supraman001

May 5, 2013
NJ
I crawled underneath my supra and saw that the entire underside of my engine and trans is coated in oil. I also saw that oil is leaking from the drain plug.