What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Searched the garage. Found the bolt for the EGR cooler and the fasteners for the #3 cylinder head cover. Installed. Installed the lower intake manifold. Getting new injectors Friday, so I didn't install the fuel rail. Need to seriously clean it anyway before installation. I need to get those spacers, too. Ugh. Installed the EGR valve to the lower intake manifold. It's not really tight, but it's got to go to the plenum as well, so I left it for final tightening.

The intake plenum that I have has a block off plate for the ISC valve. I don't know what was being done there before, but I'll probably leave that and transplant the valve when I pull the motor that it'll be replacing. I mind that less for stuff that's relatively easy to get to.

@Doat: No dig intended, BTW, I was just looking for something to drive in the seals, and there was the timing gear that I wrecked when pulling it off, and it fit perfectly. The inside surface is still good, so it worked out nice. It also worked to drive on the timing gear to the crank, of course.

Supraman001

May 5, 2013
NJ
I started doing some body work and patching my spare tire area. I didn't get to grind it down though.

gY8Ei8x.jpg

HCFoyYe.jpg

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I enjoyed the lovely ice cold A/C on this humid and rainy night in Houston and LOVING the crotch vent. Every car needs a crotch vent but the damn hatch is still squeaking even after I replaced the stops it's driving me nuts. Also does anyone know how to fix the driver side window gap right where the tip of the side mirror meets the weather stripping? Water doesn't get in unless I spray it with a power washer but it's annoying hearing the wind rush through while driving on the highway. I figure I need to replace the weather stripping or adjust the window any ideas?

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
Doat;1937644 said:
I enjoyed the lovely ice cold A/C on this humid and rainy night in Houston and LOVING the crotch vent. Every car needs a crotch vent but the damn hatch is still squeaking even after I replaced the stops it's driving me nuts. Also does anyone know how to fix the driver side window gap right where the tip of the side mirror meets the weather stripping? Water doesn't get in unless I spray it with a power washer but it's annoying hearing the wind rush through while driving on the highway. I figure I need to replace the weather stripping or adjust the window any ideas?

I have the same issue. Replacing the weather stripping did nothing.
I think there is a seal on the mirror that causes it, but would have to take another look.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I was headed back from the local racetrack earlier tonight and hit an armadillo. Thankfully I had slowed down enough that all he did was leave a little skin on the bumper lip. So it looks like I will be giving my car a bath tomorrow.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Worked on vacuum hoses, PS lines, and coolant lines, found a few of the older lines that had not been buttoned up yet, causing a few leaks. Capped those off and ran the engine for a bit to test out the fans, RPM gauge didn't react. Will need to troubleshoot that some more when we work on the electronics.

Also worked on adjusting the TPS to get her idle RPMs to a better level (by sound only, couldn't read the gauge). She is purring like a mountain lion.

Custom power steering reservior....

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Changed the oil, spark plugs, and tried to get a new K&N filter but nobody had the size I needed, so I tried out an old recharge kit my brother had back in the day for his 96 impala SS and it seems to have worked well after all of these years. I also tried to find NGK coppers but since nobody had them I went for platinum and only one auto part store near me had them luckily and the car just loves NGK glad to finally put them in after using Champions. I only used Champions to see how the car was running after I changed my head gasket and such I didn't want to ruin a good set of NGKs if anything went wrong.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
got my injectors changed over to 440's, tomorrow is boost controller then going to see where I'm at wit fuelcut and throw in my blitz access ecu and throw some pictures up of the complete project. although I've been thinking about ordering a new downpipe for the stock twins I found on ebay and tearing out my new turbos I just installed lol

clos91T

Jun 29, 2008
Ocala, Florida, United States
Got up yesterday to go pick up the engine hoist so I can drop the 2j in....... opened the garage door to find my brother-in-laws (1985 Corolla) and my Supra with broken into. Just left the sup out for the night while the engine bay dries from washing it. Spent the rest of the weekend cleaning up the glass and getting the car back in the garage. They busted the drivers side glass on both and only took the detachable faces of the old ass radios in them, i have no idea why.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
clos91T;1938232 said:
Got up yesterday to go pick up the engine hoist so I can drop the 2j in....... opened the garage door to find my brother-in-laws (1985 Corolla) and my Supra with broken into. Just left the sup out for the night while the engine bay dries from washing it. Spent the rest of the weekend cleaning up the glass and getting the car back in the garage. They busted the drivers side glass on both and only took the detachable faces of the old ass radios in them, i have no idea why.

That sucks. I hate thieves.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
clos91T;1938232 said:

That's the kind of shit that makes me mad... I would have rather have just given it to them then had my window smashed. I had someone break into mine not too long ago.... They stole JUST my E-manage (The PCM) and JUST the display for my Greddy E0-1... I mean what the fuck was the point? they can't even use the damn things with out the wires and the pressure sensors!

To make matters worse I couldn't drive my car for two weeks waiting for replacement parts to get in that the other person stole... That couldn't even use them with out the rest of it!

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
Drake69;1938124 said:
Mine hasn't rusted through yet, but I need to eventually reinforce the metal in that spare tire well. I hate gasket leaks.

Yeah it's such a pain! I've replaced my lower window trim, my tail light gaskets and my window wiper gasket... and it still leak! That is until I found that the leak was coming from the 3 plastic clips that hold the window up (Located under the lower window trim) and I RTV'd the shit out of those and now my hatch doesn't leak. Thank God! Next up is Bump stops... so I don't have to listen to the hatch rattle for 2000 miles!

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Well I hit fuel cut tonight for some reason, maybe after re oiling my KN filter is still a bit wet? Also as I was backing out of my driveway my clutch pedal got stuck at half engagement where I was holding it to back up then I pulled it up and pumped it a few times and it was normal. Master cylinder going out?