What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Pulled the master and slave off of the car, went to bolt on the new parts, only to discover that I was given the wrong parts. So I returned the wrong ones (slave for a nonturbo and master for an 85? wtf?) and picked up the right ones, going to put them on tomorrow.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
Not so much to it but involves my supra

Messed around with a new video camera that I won in a raffle at a car show/charity event (contour roam its like a gopro)

Mounted it to the supra and drove around making sure it took video, looked ok and good spots to mount it

Last edited:

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
see if this works its not long I just left my development spun through first then just normal shifted

[video=youtube;RWBkT72yobI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWBkT72yobI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Love the sound your MK3.

I finally got around to installing the passenger speaker then took her for a nice drive with this beautiful Houston weather but for awhile I had fuel cut when I hit boost then when I stopped the engine stalled. Then I was able to hit boost fine but the engine would still stall when I either stopped or shifted into neutral and finally toward the end of the drive it was driving normal. This happened when I changed my driver side speaker as well I removed the negative terminal for both times I wonder what would cause this.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
got my tein super street coilovers installed finally!! EBC next and then some adjusting once I go for a cruise and figure out what needs to be tweaked.. definately going to lower it more then it is now but I want to see how it rides (roads around town are bad nothing crazy) and then I will post pictures =)

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Well it wasn't today, but yesterday, went to a supra meet and greet! There was over 20 supras. Mk2's, mk3's, and mk4's! Then when I went home, I installed my Defi boost gauge.

Those is one of many pics taken.
And here's the gauge, don't mind the birdcage.lol

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I never liked having a gauge pod I want to replace my stock boost gauge with an aftermarket one when I drop in my 2jz, same with oil pressure.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Doat;1936620 said:
I removed the negative terminal for both times I wonder what would cause this.
There's basically a percentage adjustment that the ECU makes to the fuel curve as its learned value. When you disconnect the battery, it "forgets." This is what resetting the ECU does is puts it back to forget mode. Until you get it warmed up and driving in closed loop for a while, your engine might run like this. My '90 does something like this, and driving it around nicely in closed loop mode for a half hour or so gets it straightened out.

This does, however mean that something is a fair amount different from that the TCCS is expecting, which may indicate a problem. I'm pulling the motor in my '90 really soon, and at present, things seem to be fine, so I'm ignoring it for the time being. If it continues with the new motor, I'll start a fairly rigorous fuel system diagnostic.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Dan_Gyoba;1936684 said:
There's basically a percentage adjustment that the ECU makes to the fuel curve as its learned value. When you disconnect the battery, it "forgets." This is what resetting the ECU does is puts it back to forget mode. Until you get it warmed up and driving in closed loop for a while, your engine might run like this. My '90 does something like this, and driving it around nicely in closed loop mode for a half hour or so gets it straightened out.

This does, however mean that something is a fair amount different from that the TCCS is expecting, which may indicate a problem. I'm pulling the motor in my '90 really soon, and at present, things seem to be fine, so I'm ignoring it for the time being. If it continues with the new motor, I'll start a fairly rigorous fuel system diagnostic.
That is what I was thinking too the ECU was just re-learning everything since it's been reset because the more I drove the better it got like it was remembering how to run lol.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Washed my sup yesterday and took a picture :).... School ends thursday for me so once it over I'm going to start making several changes to this car :p.. Here is one for the memories...

p1936706_1.jpg~original

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Another vid, this time with intercooler piping and blow-off valve attached.

[video=youtube;9xIJ6a23VPg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xIJ6a23VPg[/video]

Godspeed BOV with intercooler piping, custom tranny cooler bracket, custom temp hose heat gauge for electric fans, radiator and custom fan shroud installed, lower rad hose installed, ECU and igniter mounted in bay, and wiring shielded and covered.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
Changed my CPS sensor on my 1J... after changing the first one I had to have a look at the back one....
397961_4953121629213_42897776_n.jpg

Between the lift hook is where the sensor belongs.... I had the iac which was directly in the way so it ended being one of those bolts that take an hour to take off and put back on thanks to the 1/16 turns I had to do.

575400_4953119269154_1085087693_n.jpg

New CPS sensor... Both have been replaced now due to leaking oil through the sensor itself

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Sside;1936706 said:
Washed my sup yesterday and took a picture :).... School ends thursday for me so once it over I'm going to start making several changes to this car :p.. Here is one for the memories...

p1936906_1.jpg~original

Your car looks really good in that color with those wheels.

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Delt with the hacked turbo side of My wiring harness. The po decided to replace the cps wires with a 4 pin trailer harness.... Yup a trailer harness. All my connectors where broken so I went to my cousins house who had 4 mk3s at 1 time and made 1 car out of the 4 and he has about every part I would every need. So I went shopping in his shed. Found a few engines. Trannies. Rear ends. 3 heads and 3 bins full of sensors and electrical connectors .... Jack pot

This is what I'm dealing with ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367893425.017596.jpg not to bad just gunna take my time solder in the new pigtail connectors I got from my cousins. Heat shrink over the solder points and wire loom over that.

Gunna be looking like this for a few days ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367893539.078811.jpg