What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I coat my posts and the base of the posts with Vaseline whenever I do the terminals. It works quite well. There is an electronic coating that you can use.. but its basically Vaseline anyway.. lol.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
should be interesting picking up some vaseline tonight lol

It could be time for a new battery anyway it is pretty old, I may stop by autozone or advanced if they are open by the time I get off of work and replace the battery.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
It pisses me of when i have to work on a car that has stickey crap all over the terminals. If the battery is not leaking, there is no need to gob them up.

Do yourself a favor and buy a gel battery, and new terminals. Be done with it.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I've replaced the terminals and cleaned up the grounds but yesterday when I checked out the terminals it looks like they got covered in battery acid powder again. I will just replace the battery tomorrow and clean everything up again.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
sweet short vid emerica

don't know if its the quality of the vid or what but it looks like the targa is loose? like it was moving a little lol

some day i'll move past the stock ecu and either piggy back it or possibly pro efi

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I cleaned up my negative battery terminal cable and no more electrical problems so far, hopefully I get out of work early enough to replace my battery.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Suprapowaz!(2);1936236 said:
Re-tighten my damn turbo to T4 manifold nuts. They keep backing out. Are there some exhaust nuts on the market that don't back out?

532591_389950844397268_445101292_n.jpg

Nissans use these^... but I typically flatten the last thread with a hammer/punch.. in addition

"turbo lock plate"... what I calll them

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Took my final project picture she's finally done( exterior and interior... Engine will never be done)

before (August 2012)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367636499.850621.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367636519.019266.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367636533.966461.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367636572.127977.jpg

Now (may 2013)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367636669.487783.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367636693.525845.jpg

And the new wheels I got this week ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367636705.982056.jpg

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I attempted to track down the source of my high idle and flat spot issue. I did a function test of the ISCV and TPS per TSRM, they both checked out fine and within specs. I moved on to double and triple checking all the vacuum connections I could get to, but still no luck.

Then I decided to Seafoam the motor. With 266k miles on the bottom end. Ive seafoamed many vehicles in my short 24 year existence, but holy crap... LOL

Sent via my awesome rooted S3 on TapaTalk

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I fear seafoaming my MK3 because I've read lots of horror stories of spun rod bearings and such and I've seafoamed a car before with great results but I've also read the 7M likes to spin rod bearings.

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I seafoamed the top end, fed it into the vacuum line to the brake booster. To my knowledge, the rod bearing spinning normally happens when someone gets overzealous with adding it to the crankcase and overdilutes the oil, however, I may be wrong...

Sent via my awesome rooted S3 on TapaTalk

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I won't seafoam my 7M. At all, ever.

This weekend, I've got to drop the transmission in my '89. I'm going to rob the clutch that I put in it last fall to put into the '90. Since the '89 is suffering from rod knock, it's not going to need a stage 3 clutch for a while. Actually, when it's all said and done, it probably won't need a stage 3 clutch at all. All the more reason to take it now.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Just accidentally punched a hole in the '89's gas tank. The ground underneath it is a lot softer than I thought, and when I tried to settle the rear onto the jack stands (With angle iron underneath them, which was adequate before) the stands pitched forward, and the jack head went from under the differential to the gas tank. Next thing I'm smelling gas. :( I guess a gas tank is also on the shopping list for the '89 when it's time to put it all together. :(

The '90 is going to be getting more pampering, since it's the one that's going to get the go-fast goodies. Lots of these will be removed from the '89 this summer. Once I get it up on stands, my intent is that it will stay there for a while. There are some things that I'm debating. I might leave the Lexus AFM and 550cc injectors in it, if a set of injectors is in the budget for the '90, to use in conjunction with the Apexi Neo, but I'll take them for now, if that's not in the budget for getting the 7M on the engine stand finished this summer. I'm certainly taking the Stage 3 clutch, since the '90 needs a clutch now. I'll also take the exhaust now, since I have to drop it to remove the clutch. Might as well put on the one I want. Over the summer, I'll remove the turbo from the '89. I plan on switching the radiator over as well, since the '89 probably isn't going anywhere for a year, and I might as well get some use from the Koyo. I'll probably be taking pieces from the sound system in the '89 as well, though I plan on doing a new speaker setup, I like the head unit in the '89 better than the new ones that I can buy.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
sounds like you got your work cut out for you. Doesn't sound like too much work though! I bet you;ll have the 90 complete by next month! my goal is to have my 91 finished by next weekend when my shortshifter comes back. Might still need a fuel pump but doesnt mean I have to crank up the boost as high it can go, I should really break my new turbos in.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
When I replaced my gas tank, I found a used one, undercoated and then steamcleaned and pressure tested it. I would look at the straps and the bolts that hold the protector on (is on passenger side of car mostly) to see how badly rusted they are. I broke 3 of the heads of of mine... and had to replace the straps. Having it all prepped before you do it helps.

I put plywood with 2 - 2x4's under the bottom of my tank to drop it slowly to allow me to remove the gas fill tube and the fuel pump (replaced it with a Denso MKIV at that time) before dropping the tank completely. The fuel hardline can be a bit of a pain to get to twist off.