What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Smashey

Dec 29, 2010
Grande Prairie
when paying for my completely assembled engine. a shabby vague estimate for a non performance build. they decided to call my build a "performance build in which takes more time" the assembly fees i was quoted were 240$ compared to 1400.. i will learn to get a professional quote after making a complete list of the exact things i want to get done and having the person that quoted me that sign their name on it aswell cause the person i was given the quote from was apparently just some fool filling in.

anyway today im going to be installing the clutch fork, ac compressor, power steering bracket, and install the other 8 valve cover bolts.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Started engine assembly!

p1881103_1.jpg

Just test fitting the oil pump and the oil line. Needed to modify my oil pan a bit with a hammer. Started from a very bare block (Just knock sensors installed) and installed the crank.

p1881103_2.jpg

Oh yeah, I also finished up some details int he interior. Someone asked about pics of my re-covered steering wheel...

p1881103_3.jpg

And... A little bit of rice. One of the bolts that held in the gas pedal broke some time ago, so I drilled and tapped the hole for a new bolt, and while I was down there, I added some cheap ricey pedals. If I don't like them, I'll yank them, but I've heard some Supra owners say that they like these, so I'll try 'em.

Last edited:

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Drove it to the drags. As we left my buddy found out all four tires on his gti were slashed. 6 month old altezzas. Were pretty sure who did it... Heads will be crushed

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
i always dreamed about chrome door handles. Today I installed them.

129264694.jpg

Attachments

• 129264694.jpg
    129264694.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 10

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
ryan625;1881278 said:
Its beautiful! I usually don't see that many MK3's in a week :(
I haven't seen that many MK3s in months lol I think this entire year I've seen maybe 3 MK3s on the road and they were beaters sadly.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Doat;1881279 said:
I haven't seen that many MK3s in months lol I think this entire year I've seen maybe 3 MK3s on the road and they were beaters sadly.

I haven't seen that many mk3s together in my lifetime .... 4 in total so far on separate occasions.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
ryansmith;1881284 said:
I haven't seen that many mk3s together in my lifetime .... 4 in total so far on separate occasions.
Yea the MK3s I have seen in my lifetime I can count on my hands. Certainly are a rare sight I guess everyone is either hiding them in the garage, rusting in the driveway, or taking them out on weekends.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I can't afford a JZ. If I put in a JZ< it'll be a 2JZ, and it's going to need to put out more than 500WHP, since the only way that I'm going to go JZ is if it's to put out more power than the 7M is capable of for the same money.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea my goal is to have a JZ motor with 500hp but capable of 700+hp just so I know it's safe when I take it to the track. I'd like to be able to drive the car comfortably on the streets like take it out on the weekend to hang out with friends and take it to the track the next weekend for some fun.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
What kind of figures are you guys talking about? I know a 1jz motor itself is about 1-2k I think the VVTI costs more but better from what I hear and the swap I assume is another 1k depending on what you want to do and for me I would rebuild the entire motor so that alone will be like 2-3k at the very least lol. I am already planning or expecting that my 1jz swap and build will be about 10k total after replacing parts, gaskets, machine work, etc.