What did you do to your supra today? Pics

IanC

Jul 13, 2012
Maryville, TN
Cleaned all the exterior light bulb sockets and soldered in a new headlight light socket to replace one I found burnt up. Stupid light bulb out dummy light was on even though they all worked. Out now so success. No pics because...well it was pretty boring and you've all seen a light socket.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Orion ZyGarian;1862217 said:
Willing to try it because I do love how it looks after photoshop. Your way sounds a *little* bit easier though, thanks! I think someone mentioned using a nail brush as well. At least the caps are removable.

Also, beautiful setup man. I didnt know you still had a 7M!
LOL - yes, I've still got two cars. Both are 1989 dark blue cars, the hardtop has a 7M with all the creature comforts still - A/C, cruise, etc. The targa has the 2J, and isn't midnight blue anymore, it's been repainted the stellar blue from the 2001+ Toyotas. I'm still working on both of them now and then.

kysus

Oct 19, 2011
London, ontairo
Painted the sawblades black!, will update Tonight with photo also gunna finshs 87 fog light re wire...messed up last night and now they turn high beams on with low lights ..... No fogs tho

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Orion ZyGarian;1862298 said:
7M power! In before it breaks again
Generally speaking around these parts, you're right. That is what sucks about playing with his 7m's, they are fun and pull great... for a day or two. :nono:

In this guy's case though, it is more a lack of time to do it than the skill. Plenty of that on his end. ;)

Charles D.

Apr 29, 2011
Dallas,TX
Orion ZyGarian;1861977 said:
I did this with my sawblades and am very happy with how it has turned out. I do need to put at least another layer on them, and I'd like for the "TOYOTA" part in the middle piece to be red, but I dont know an easy way to do that

p1862654_1.jpg

p1862654_2.jpg

p1862654_3.jpg

p1862654_4.jpg

I like how yours came out better did you clear them?

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
^^ I'm actually thinking of getting my sawblades stripped for next year. My powder coat is starting to come off and it doesn't look that great. Plus I love the look of stripped sawblades.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I loved my stripped sawblades, but didn't clearcoat them, so they looked pretty rough a couple years later.

Looking at those photos, I hope that you painted under the balancing weights, and didn't just paint over it all. Of course it'll be fine while you keep those tires, but the silver underneath will show next time you get tires installed/balanced if you didn't.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
That's actually just some flat black in a can that I bought from an arts and crafts store that was going out of business. It's meant for plastic, but it still holds fine. I didnt even do anything other than wash them to get the wheels prepped.

I wasnt worried about wheel weights or overspray on the tires (obviously) as you can tell...those tires arent exactly meant for a Supra :p they were placeholders in case I needed to move it while I used up some old tires on the Miata that is peaking in the pics. It now has different placeholders until I get proper tires for it.

I only did one coat, no clearcoat, and just did it one day in some spare time to see how much I'd like it, and I have to say I absolutely love it. They'll get another coat with 'Toyota' accented in red before I get it back on the road.

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
IDK...I just can't get into those saw blade wheels. They were the first thing to go when my son bought his car. Mine came with the wheels in my sig. I guess one good thing about them is they're cheap and plentiful.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I was never crazy about them either, but I saw SupraofDoom's car with them painted, and I thought it was at least worth a shot. The Turbo-A looks better with them over stock, and since I have much, much more important things to worry about right now, they'll do just fine!

I love how your car looks by the way. Are those SE-R wheels? They remind me of the FR500 Mustang wheels someone else has

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
Orion ZyGarian;1862988 said:
I was never crazy about them either, but I saw SupraofDoom's car with them painted, and I thought it was at least worth a shot. The Turbo-A looks better with them over stock, and since I have much, much more important things to worry about right now, they'll do just fine!

I love how your car looks by the way. Are those SE-R wheels? They remind me of the FR500 Mustang wheels someone else has

Yes, they're SE-R wheels. I was lucky enough to receive them when I bought the car. Currently I have a set of 5 spoke Konigs on it that I think I like better. Thanks for the compliment! :D

p1863065_1.jpg

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Blew my oil cooler lines cause the autozone gave me fuel line instead of an oil rated hose...hose was rated for 3.4 bar and with the 200+ degree oil going through it turned it into a limp noodle. Car got towed home. I dont think i lost all oil still need to check that. Got all appropriate AN fittings and hoses to replace.
aeeb83f5-bf52-5bdf.jpg

aeeb83f5-bf2e-f8f9.jpg

aeeb83f5-bf77-b69b.jpg