What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
^ Hella.

I love to be challenged on the road, always fun :) Can't wait to get my Supras running again!

Sent from my G2x using Tapatalk 2

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
I did a 2jz swap today with 50 shot Nos ;-)

Sent from my G2x using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343460243512.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343460243512.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 49

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I checked to see if the PO put in a JDM ECU since I'm told the EGR was blocked off. Then I remembered that I wasnt sure how to tell the difference just by looking at it.

Still been sitting for half a decade, still waiting to be restored..

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i picked up a cusco rear strut bar for $50 today. then i broke one of the strut mount bolts while installing it. :(
i also cleaned the hell out of my car and stickerbombed it for my friends sticker company. i'll find some pics and upload them.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprarx7nut;1861380 said:
It's always fun to impress a domestic V8 redneck with your 22 year old turbo'd Yota.

So to the redneck with funny teeth, a wifebeater and questionable sincerity: Thanks for making my ride home a little less dull. :)
Did that to one of my parent's neighbors. Guy told me about his 4th gen Camaro that was built up a bit (I had an 01 SS, I know the cars and what monsters "a little built" can be). Well one day we ended up side by side, and he waved me forward to go for it, so I dropped to 2nd from about 25, started spooling (felt a bit... off, more on that in a bit), anyway, I hear him get on it (I think he started in 3rd gear), and as I start to pull away, he gets really loud (downshifted to 2nd, I think). He never caught up with me, always stayed at the distance I put on him. :)

Moral of the story? Don't underestimate a car that you go out of your way to challenge.

Oh, and the slow boosting? Turns out, the e-clip that holds the actuator arm on the front turbo, it wasn't there, so all the boost generated by the front turbo was shot out the exhaust. Hard on the rear turbo, for sure, but I still won. :p

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Charles D.;1861932 said:
Painted a extra wheel I had to see how it would turn out Saturday View attachment 60055View attachment 60056View attachment 60057View attachment 60058

I did this with my sawblades and am very happy with how it has turned out. I do need to put at least another layer on them, and I'd like for the "TOYOTA" part in the middle piece to be red, but I dont know an easy way to do that

p1861977_1.jpg

p1861977_2.jpg

p1861977_3.jpg

p1861977_4.jpg

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
^ Masking tape, razor blade, red spray paint. That's how I pinstriped my valve covers.

Was able to Helicoil the exhaust side threads on the head yesterday... Got most of it done. Finish the rest next weekend, hopefully...

Jarvis

May 14, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
te72;1861923 said:
Sorry about that. ;)

What type of Kumhos?

Yeah, I'm on a budget so the price was right. Never used Kumho's before, so this is my first run at it. I put some Ecsta AST's on it. They look pretty good and ride pretty well so far...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Orion ZyGarian;1862114 said:
Sounds like an awful lot of work to do it right for some sawblades, but I'll give that a try. Probably the only way really to do it. Thanks
Holy... you'd actually consider that process? Ouch.

Take the wheel center cap off, lay it flat on the bench. Thin out some paint - I use 2 parts paint to 1 part thinner. Fill an eye dropper and drop into the Toyota lettering. Let it dry, repeat if required.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
And what I did to the Supra today... showing some love for the 7M car.

Strut bar to lean on while working on the engine... refinished the ends, polished the bar itself, and picked up some SS hardware to replace the rusted steel stuff... painted some valve covers black, then filed down the stripes in the top.
2012-07-30 15.45.15.jpg

New valve cover seals, and new bolt seals, plus nice shiny new paint for the hardpipes.
2012-07-30 16.15.38.jpg

SS bolts / washers for the valve covers, some paint for the charcoal canister, and a newly refurbished CPS - new plug, aluminum cover with SS bolts, new gear, bearing, inner seal, and O-ring.
2012-07-30 16.27.48.jpg

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
GrimJack;1862172 said:
Holy... you'd actually consider that process? Ouch.

Take the wheel center cap off, lay it flat on the bench. Thin out some paint - I use 2 parts paint to 1 part thinner. Fill an eye dropper and drop into the Toyota lettering. Let it dry, repeat if required.

Willing to try it because I do love how it looks after photoshop. Your way sounds a *little* bit easier though, thanks! I think someone mentioned using a nail brush as well. At least the caps are removable.

Also, beautiful setup man. I didnt know you still had a 7M!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Numba1Stuna;1862068 said:
^ Masking tape, razor blade, red spray paint. That's how I pinstriped my valve covers.
Alternatively, I would think to use fingernail polish/paint/whaterver girls call that stuff... Then give it all a layer of clear when you're done. :)

Jarvis;1862095 said:
Yeah, I'm on a budget so the price was right. Never used Kumho's before, so this is my first run at it. I put some Ecsta AST's on it. They look pretty good and ride pretty well so far...
Just giving you hell man. I've never had a "new" set of them, and I'm sure the couple sets I've driven on were a bit beyond the "use by" date, so my opinion might be a bit skewed. Long as you enjoy them, that's the important thing!

Orion ZyGarian;1862217 said:
Also, beautiful setup man. I didnt know you still had a 7M!
Dave (Grimjack) is one of those lucky guys who has a 2j and a 7m... lucky bastard. :p

As for what I did to my Supra today, I took it over to a friends house, and we played a little game of see whose car is faster... kinda sad that even though I have grip, a good clutch, and decent power, I still couldn't pull away much from a more or less stock 7m with some piping, a 57 trim at 15-16psi, and open 3" divorced downpipe. Worst part was, he didn't have much in the way of traction, AND we're pretty sure it is only running on 5 cylinders. :p