What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
BrandonW;1848953 said:
put new hood lift supports on

my old ones worked but were not 100% and didn't work if it was cold out unless the car had been driven the heat would make them work

my hood opens on its own by the time i get it half way open again

Feels good, don't it? Now do the back glass ones and you'll almost get the sense you have a new car... :biglaugh:

I thought I died and gone to heaven when I did mine last year.

Ohh, today I got signed onto my new Amsoil account and will be getting about 2gal. for my 2JZ build.

Feels Goodman.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
Drake69;1848995 said:
Feels good, don't it? Now do the back glass ones and you'll almost get the sense you have a new car... :biglaugh:

I thought I died and gone to heaven when I did mine last year.

haha i already did those about 2 or 3 years ago they still work like new (and that hatch is heavy with no supports on it) the front ones i replaced i think back in like 06 and like i said they still kinda worked just not 100% so i just got new ones from auto zone for about 40 bucks for both

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
BrandonW;1848953 said:
put new hood lift supports on

my old ones worked but were not 100% and didn't work if it was cold out unless the car had been driven the heat would make them work
I would hang onto the old ones, in case you get a lighter hood at some point, or if someone you know does. ;)

BrandonW;1849006 said:
(and that hatch is heavy with no supports on it)
Should try lifting the hatch on a 4th generation F-body sometime. Supras are heavy, those ones are obscene.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Mounted my sumped tank

61d43604-d631-6b57.jpg

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
tried to get my meth kit running smoothly, didnt happen, i spliced switched power from my turbo timer harness, turns out thats a constant power wire, but thats nothing, i also have a break up/hesitation now which makes me ask what i should gap my plugs to since im spraying. HOPEFULLY thatll solve that. but i have aems failsave device too, and the alarm doesnt turn off, and it should after 5 seconds. and i installed a FCD (yes yes i know, i have supporting mods and a AFR gauge to keep an eye on it) but when i have it on my car idles like shit and rich as shit so i unplugged it til i get my meth under control. frustrates the shit out of me.

Last edited:

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Great job Turbo Habanero! Turned out real smooth it sounds like! I can't wait to hear the satisfying growl come from my two beasts...

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
Replaced rear main seal and resealed the rear main seal retainer, replaced reverse light sensor seal and speedo sensor seal on R154, installed new A/C compressor, new expansion valve, new transmission oil, coolant, and ATF for hydrofan and PS (only because I dumped all of it all over the floor). After everything was buttoned up (dp, exhaust, driveshaft), I realized I left the reverse light sensor connector unplugged. It sits directly on top of the transmission btw. SO I loosened bolts on the tranny mount to squeeze my hand up in there. I finally got it connected and when tightening the 12mm bolts my Supra decided to do something to me:

IMG_20120617_170145.jpg

It ain't your car till you bleed on it, thanks heat shield!

All that work took me about 3 months. So yesterday was the first day driving it, and the PS rack blows a seal. FML.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I got shiny new pistons. Mmmmm.

I also stripped the old, cracked leather off of the steering wheel. The intent is to put new supple leather in its place.

I've replaced the leather on the factory shift knob, and the shift boot on the Supra. (Replaced the shift knob with a TRD one, so the one that I replaced isn't in the car anymore)

I'm going to use 2 shades of grey leather to re-cover the wheel. A lighter grey which matches the interior (More or less) and a darker grey for the 9 and 3 positions where I have my hands. At least that's the plan. We'll see how I feel after stitching the leather together.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Compression Check
p1850828_1.jpg

p1850828_2.jpg

Further proof to me my turbo is to blame for all the smoke coming out the back and the tablespoons of oil in my intake piping...

50 trim upgrade coated and polished from Aaron @ Driftmotion and CT-26 softline oil kit on the way shortly!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
nctexan;1850613 said:
It ain't your car till you bleed on it, thanks heat shield!
This is why I wear gloves any time I work on my car. Got tired of it biting me. ;)

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Picking up the '88 Supra FSM from a gentleman in MD. He is shipping it to me and showing extraordinary trust, so I'm posting this blurb to help allay any worries he might have about dealing with me in this manner.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
15832532_large.jpg

^sorry for the shitty size...

painted naked engine bay for fathers day..

been cleaning and re-assembling ever since. funny how everything has a very specific install order/interference...