slidell, louisiana
Turbo Habanero;1846507 said:
p1846867_1.jpg

p1846867_2.jpg

Almost finished just need to buy

Cps sensor grey plug
02 sensor grey plug

Oil and coolant.
And the 2 egr gaskets that didn't come with driftmotions gasket kit.
Feels good dont it? got mine running the other day and timed it but it has a miss. i think its the spark plugs but im to broke to buy more at the moment! lol i suck

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Installed ebay Y-pipe... what a pain in the ass and 1/2 done as I need the 1JZ turbo to manifold crush donuts gaskets

^had to have the flanges resurfaced @ a machine shop as they were not even close to flat
^spent an hour to clearence some space for a nut on the rear turbo hotside outlet, big hammer, 2 round punchs, and a die grinder to remove some weld for the nut collar

only thing left on the exhuast side of the motor right now is the coolant lines..

also; began fitting new brake and fuel lines - installed assembled tank/filter/brake t-block

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
Stared at the supra for like half an hour as the dust piles up ,from sitting at the garage for three months, and im thinking "tomorrow is the day i finally get my bachelor degree in I.T. and then im free to get down and dirty with you".

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
DROVE HER DOWN THE STREET!!

Yay!

I was afraid that with the new custom harness, maybe I crossed even ONE wire which would screw everything up for the automatic trans. However everything went smoothly, and it even shifted faster than usual. A new harness can do wonders for your car!

FELT SO DAMN GOOD!!!

Waiting on my midpipe to get here Tuesday and then I can drive her around!

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Cleaned and painted the valve covers. Going to paint the block the same color...

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339189041745.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339189041745.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 33
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339189092274.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339189092274.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 42

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
inner tie rod end,
alignment
driftmotion braided p/s line
new taillight gaskets
drove it home and got pissed that the front brakes are not releasing :(. i have new braided lines and front calipers to put on tomorrow. :)

SupraStoked

what a looooong day...

but this thread did ask "What did you do to your supra today?" so I will tell all! ;)

woke up, ate breakfast and right away lifted the Supra enough to remove the bolts on the underside of the exhaust mani (and prior to that, remove the accordion intake hose) , then removed the bolts connecting it to the block and unplugged the o2 sensor..
that then gave me room to stick a vice grip on the non-working oil pressure sender and twist that sucker free.

Once that was done, I went to the inside of the car and started removing the entire gauge cluster, center console, and glove box to expose the wiring harness to the ecu (and most importantly the grommet in the firewall where the harness enters the engine bay) so that I could find a nice route for the nylon oil pressure line to go through. The I fastened the nylon tubing to the compression fitting, fitting to the engine block (didnt forget that teflon tape!), then routed the nylon tubing through the grommet and to the hole left behind by the gauge cluster. Then fitted the tube to the gauge by another compression fitting and TRIED to wire the light for the gauge to the cigarette lighter...(totally failed, i need to find a better power source because it didnt turn on at all..).

Put everything back together and started the car only to notice that my gauge read ZERO psi... :mad:

i knew the gauge was working and there were no leaks by the fittings so i decided to check the engine oil level with the dipstick.. and guess what?

I couldn't even see any oil on the dipstick after i inserted it into the oil pan the second time.. this scared the hell out of me but gave me a reason for why my engine sounded like it was knocking lately.. :[

I went to autozone, bought 5 qts of penzoil 20W-50 oil and one bottle of Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer and went back home (not in my car of course).

Got home, drained the oil only to find ONE and a HALF quarts of oil in the engine...it was supposed to have between 4-5 quarts..

Plugged the oil pan back up, poured 4 quarts of the 20W-50 oil in and the entire bottle of the Lucas oil treatment in. Turned it on and right away I saw the gauge reading 40-50 oil psi :D.

Let it warm up to operating temperature and took it for a spin and ALL of the knocking sounds were instantly eliminated!! :DDDD

All thats left now to get done is to fix the root of my low-oil problems.. bad rear main seal!

Keeping an eye on the oil level until i can get that done, along with a full quart of penzoil in my trunk just incase.

Already have the rear main seal ready to go along with a Phonenix Friction Stage 2 Clutch kit ;)

Cant wait to get 'err done!! Then its no worries cruising for a little while :)

Productive day though!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
SupraStoked;1847098 said:
what a looooong day...

but this thread did ask "What did you do to your supra today?" so I will tell all! ;)

woke up, ate breakfast and right away lifted the Supra enough to remove the bolts on the underside of the exhaust mani (and prior to that, remove the accordion intake hose) , then removed the bolts connecting it to the block and unplugged the o2 sensor..
that then gave me room to stick a vice grip on the non-working oil pressure sender and twist that sucker free.

Once that was done, I went to the inside of the car and started removing the entire gauge cluster, center console, and glove box to expose the wiring harness to the ecu (and most importantly the grommet in the firewall where the harness enters the engine bay) so that I could find a nice route for the nylon oil pressure line to go through. The I fastened the nylon tubing to the compression fitting, fitting to the engine block (didnt forget that teflon tape!), then routed the nylon tubing through the grommet and to the hole left behind by the gauge cluster. Then fitted the tube to the gauge by another compression fitting and TRIED to wire the light for the gauge to the cigarette lighter...(totally failed, i need to find a better power source because it didnt turn on at all..).

Put everything back together and started the car only to notice that my gauge read ZERO psi... :mad:

i knew the gauge was working and there were no leaks by the fittings so i decided to check the engine oil level with the dipstick.. and guess what?

I couldn't even see any oil on the dipstick after i inserted it into the oil pan the second time.. this scared the hell out of me but gave me a reason for why my engine sounded like it was knocking lately.. :[

I went to autozone, bought 5 qts of penzoil 20W-50 oil and one bottle of Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer and went back home (not in my car of course).

Got home, drained the oil only to find ONE and a HALF quarts of oil in the engine...it was supposed to have between 4-5 quarts..

Plugged the oil pan back up, poured 4 quarts of the 20W-50 oil in and the entire bottle of the Lucas oil treatment in. Turned it on and right away I saw the gauge reading 40-50 oil psi :D.

Let it warm up to operating temperature and took it for a spin and ALL of the knocking sounds were instantly eliminated!! :DDDD

All thats left now to get done is to fix the root of my low-oil problems.. bad rear main seal!

Keeping an eye on the oil level until i can get that done, along with a full quart of penzoil in my trunk just incase.

Already have the rear main seal ready to go along with a Phonenix Friction Stage 2 Clutch kit ;)

Cant wait to get 'err done!! Then its no worries cruising for a little while :)

Productive day though!

Good thing you caught it! Hope it wasn't like that long.

One tip: the 20W-50 oil only helps if the motor is on its way out. If the motor is still healthy, that 20w-50 oil is like a blood clot in your engine's veins and will CAUSE the motor to fail. 20W-50 doesn't flow anywhere near as much as the engineers intended the oil to flow and will show high pressure, only because the oil is stuck near the sensor and can't flow to the bearings where it's needed. I'd top it up with 5-30 or 0-30 until you get it fixed. If the knocking comes back with the correct oil (0W-30 through 10w-30) then the motor needs a rebuild and babying it along with 20-50 is about all you can do to prolong engine life for just a *little* bit longer.

Good luck!

SupraStoked

see but that's just the thing..even with the gauge installed I still think my oil pressure should be higher than it is. just cruising around it will float between 20-30 psi and maybe 40 if I really step on it. once I get the seal replaced ill switch back to 10w- 30/40.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
#04;1846881 said:
Installed ebay Y-pipe... what a pain in the ass and 1/2 done as I need the 1JZ turbo to manifold crush donuts gaskets

^had to have the flanges resurfaced @ a machine shop as they were not even close to flat
^spent an hour to clearence some space for a nut on the rear turbo hotside outlet, big hammer, 2 round punchs, and a die grinder to remove some weld for the nut collar

only thing left on the exhuast side of the motor right now is the coolant lines..

also; began fitting new brake and fuel lines - installed assembled tank/filter/brake t-block
Did you do all this with the engine IN the car, or were you smart enough to do the y-pipe when the engine is on a stand? If it's in there... I feel for you son. There are a few things I will never do again, a y-pipe swap on a 1j in the car? That's one of them.

mjsn1;1846915 said:
Stared at the supra for like half an hour as the dust piles up ,from sitting at the garage for three months, and im thinking "tomorrow is the day i finally get my bachelor degree in I.T. and then im free to get down and dirty with you".
Congrats man! Might wanna use protection with such a dirty car. ;)

SupraStoked;1847144 said:
see but that's just the thing..even with the gauge installed I still think my oil pressure should be higher than it is. just cruising around it will float between 20-30 psi and maybe 40 if I really step on it. once I get the seal replaced ill switch back to 10w- 30/40.
Take the time to read through the stickied threads in the Oils & Lubricants section on here, you will learn a lot. Hopefully you avoided any major damage, but to be on the safe side, I would avoid any major purchases for a while. ;)

BrandonW;1847168 said:
got the supra tinted today!:icon_cool looks awesome wish i got it done sooner

i'll post a pic later
C-c-c-c-c-combo breaker! Man, you must be really excited about that tint...

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
got the supra tinted today! looks awesome wish i got it done sooner

looks really dark but not from the inside

p1847179_1.jpg

p1847179_2.jpg

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Didn't work on the head like I planned lol. But did end up painting some pieces.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339294088827.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339294088827.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 27

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Repainted some stuff, but didn't work on the head as planned lol.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339294397254.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339294397254.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 16

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
fine tuned the fitment of the new front to back lines;

fuel pressure/return, rear brakes, evap canister

pain in the ass but likely to last another 25 years...