What are your Supra goals?

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Goals for my 92: Tidy up engine bay, fix small oil leak:3d_frown: and get it tuned with boost cranked up. Doesn't need much else :icon_razz!!!

Goals for my 89: Good to go for now. Eventually go AEM and do 5 speed swap.

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
shaeff;1075733 said:
To look "good", and be potent on in every aspect. 450-550rwhp, handle like it's on rails, and be 100% predictable in every way. I don't want a show car, that's too much body maintenance. I want to wash and wax it, and be done. Interior will be immaculately clean and composed. The entire car will be tastefully done with several rare JDM parts.

If the car doesn't continually put a shit-eating grin on my face, it's missing something.

What Shaeff said, right down to the last line. I won't be hitting 450hp with my automatic, but thats ok. It would be nice to take a day trip without loading my back seat up with extra oil, coolant, tranny fluid, hammer, wrenches, etc.

What I want is a brand new supra. So mine's at the body shop getting a make-over. Rust report turned out great - just minor surface rust around the windshield. However, car decided to not start for the body shop guys. I gave it the evil eye, that didn't work. Hit the starter with a hammer, that worked. Now you see why I have to carry a hammer!

Short-term goal is to take it to the Smokies this august/sept. It would be awesome to cruise the mountains with the top out. Of course I'll have all the spare fluids and tools in the back seat, but oh well...one step at a time.

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
I want mine to be as close to when the car was new: near perfect body, interior and engine wise, 100% reliable. I'll do mild power upgrades with a 57 trim plus supporting mods. No homemade or showy stuff. Clean and discrete, powerful and good handling is just the recipe for me.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Short: Get it running reliably, 550s and more boost, maybe some methanol.
Intermediate: Paint, wheels, suspension.
Long: Either a 1UZ-FTE swap or a supercharged UR motor.

Ultimate goal is a big (pump gas) power cruiser with all the goodies.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
My plans for my 88 hardtop is to have striped out,with all poly bushings,tip coilovers,reinforced rear sub frame,new steering rack,A1 traction arms,A1 rear toe kit,A1 rear camber kit,A1 front and rear end links,front and rear sway bars(still not sure witch)18 by 10 wheels in the rear and 18 by 9 in the front,BBK,350-400 with my 7m or 1J,half cage,kaaz lsd,bride seats.

I'm leaving out a lot more but you get the idea.My goal is to have a bad ass road car for the track and do a some auto x events(witch I have been doing latey)But at the same time have a car that I could bring out on weekends and go for a nice drive.It's not the hardest goal but it's a very expensive one altho I havent read everybodys goals but I think it's safe to say that none of them come cheap.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
2jz swap, with 400hp to the wheels, S2 front air guide, CF headlight covers, S2 wide body kit, and some Volk T/LE37's, or some LE28N's....

dark blue suede interior with black inserts, repaint it 043 with a little bit of pearl in it, and go cruising..

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Right now: Dyno 400+rwhp next weekend with current setup, fix damage to rear end from an incosiderate ass hole in a parking lot.
Next Couple weeks: Install Fidanza and new clutch, get whale tail, lip, side skirts, and rear add-ons, get wheels
This winter: Tubular exhaust manifold and GT35r, coil-overs, sway bars

The car is a 92' bought to be my DD which it is, but I don't have to drive it much at all just walk a block to work, only reason it is my DD...lol Car was supposed to be more of a glamor queen since my 87' is a bit more radical but I can't help but boost it up. With the full rebuild I just completed it is a blast to drive when ever I feel like and not have to worry about it. Just hope in and let it rip. With 300+rwhp at 10psi it is so much fun to drive and still blows the doors off most cars around...lol

So imminant goal is to control myself and stop at 500rwhp with this setup! I am a mechanical freak and have never cared much about looks always into function but I want to have a MKIII that catches people's eyes and makes the ladies squirm just seeing it and them gets them wet riding in it!...muhahahhaa

But reliable, comfortable, and beautiful but a monster when I put it on the floor!

Seth

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
Well, my original goal was 550hp/tq with my current fuel setup... but accidentally did 564, so now I'm playing catch up with the fuel system.

New 680's and A1000 going in with new fuel lines... then I'll probably stop at 620ish.

Overall goal though is to have one UGLY supra that is (excuse my language) fast as shit!

Oh.. and a TH350 and built diff.

xXslayrXx

Performance > Looks
Mar 25, 2008
Nawlins
My original goals were to make about 450-500whp with the 7M. Well my 7M started giving me some problems so I'm going with a 1J swap and eventually I want to make about 500-600 whp and daily it. Then start on a track only project.

dirtbike44

Apr 4, 2008
calgary
This winter is when most of the modifications are going to happen. Right now I'm thinking a black and red theme with a 2jz swap. Black rims, with a red outline, red calipers, tinted windows, re-upholstered interior that is back with red highlights. And i want the engine to look similar to jugodegolf's, probably a different type of red. Other than the rims, it will look completely stock from the outside. But i am shooting for about 500hp by next summer.

I will be working on it every winter for a few years. I want to eventually get 1000 hp just for one dyno run, but then daily drive it at around 500-600 hp. Currently i don't see myself selling it.

Solo1Supra

Dec 3, 2006
Nesquehoning,PA
I guess I'll be the oddball. I'm keeping mine mostly stock, right down to the sawblades.
I did do some very minor stuff like changing the climate control to the 88+, and a few other visual things. I do want to drop the front end one of these days.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Solo1Supra;1077760 said:
I guess I'll be the oddball. I'm keeping mine mostly stock, right down to the sawblades.
I did do some very minor stuff like changing the climate control to the 88+, and a few other visual things. I do want to drop the front end one of these days.

I wish I could be just like you.But I'm like every one esle and I love spending money in my car besides car tho I'm a cheap son of a bitch