V8 Supras

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
"haters" How do you figure that?

If that sort of thing grabs you at least make a decent effort at it and not some halfassed wannabe garbage then pretend you're all radical....

SAS

Dark Cloud Drifter
Jan 13, 2009
Clewiston, Fl
www.myspace.com
IJ.;1239806 said:
"haters" How do you figure that?

If that sort of thing grabs you at least make a decent effort at it and not some halfassed wannabe garbage then pretend you're all radical....

well lets see the exhuast was made for free by my sponser and we were stoned when we made you may not like it but i did i love busting fire balls up the air from that cannon

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
SAS;1239821 said:
well lets see the exhuast was made for free by my sponser and we were stoned when we made you may not like it but i did i love busting fire balls up the air from that cannon
Exhaust? second bold explains a lot...

Real
p1239823_1.jpg

Cletus'd
p1239823_2.jpg

Can you spot the difference? ;)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
602 hp through a th350? That's impressive, that's north of 750 at the crank, those th350s eat a fair bit of power in drivetrain loss. What vehicle did you get the donor engine from, and what *else* did you do to it? After all, forged bits and some crank work don't move you from 280 hp to 750+ by themselves!

How did you squish a th350 in the Mk2 chassis? Did you widen the existing tunnel, or just cut it out and weld in a new one? What rear end did you match it up to?

The torque isn't so much that it twists the chassis? Or did you have to put in a cage as well?

That radiator support cross member looks pretty weak. Not sure I'd be willing to trust that in any frontal collision faster than a slow walk.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
SAS;1239656 said:
my old MKII supra but its a buick nailhead 350 with a TH350 trans. Solid motor and tranny mounts no ac no power steering. used as a drift car it made 602 hp with a 1600cc carb. forged pistons, rods, knife edge crank

Well it's kinda hard to believe you have 602hp with not only your crappy choice of air cleaners, but the stock radiator that I wold be impressed could cool a 600hp v8 without a fan shroud. Moving on spouting off mods and including a knife edged crank is like adding in aftermarket windshield wipers. It really doesn't do anything but add insurance. To add to that the small choice of exhaust pipe I would be impressed could support that power. And lastly it's not cc's when it comes to carbs it's CFM's. And even if that's what you meant 1600cfm is around 600-800cfms too many. I would be surprised if a big block naturally aspirated could make that power with that large of a carb and not overfuel and foul plugs every three seconds. Not only that but the engines lifespan wouldn't be very long.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
IJ.;1240284 said:
It runs on HighOctane bullshit I just wanted to see how deep he'd dig himself in ;)
(he talks into the filler neck to refuel)

Haha. Doesn't sas stand for solid axle swap in the wheelin world? If so everything makes much more sense.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
midwestwerks2jz;1240418 said:
any lt or ls based motor will do your job. my descision is bias tho cus i grew up building chevy motors

Thank you for adding that you're biased when it comes to Chevys. I wish most people would acknowledge this. Although a chevy engine would seem cheap to purchase, they really aren't when it comes to performance parts. In fact mopar is the only one of the three that is expensive generally. Hence why in this supra cause instead of making things fit, it's sometimes easier to make things work. As in you can easily dump 5k into a big three v8 for a 500hp engine, or turbo/supercharge any engine for similar or more power for the same cost. A dohc v8 will outperform any pushrod v8 with the same performance market backing it. Dohc = smooth powerband, more valves, more flow, less weight in rotating parts, and more efficient. Not to mention the handfull of v8s that are aluminum blocks with more than two bolt mains. My vote= anything dohc and aluminum heads. Coil on plug is a bonus. For the price can't beat a 1uz period.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
IJ.;1240684 said:
But if you're going to all the effort of a V8 swap may as well go large displacement ;)

4.0L may as well stay 3.0L I-6 and crank some more boost into it!

Yeah it's all in what you want. There is nothing like that pushrod v8 rumble. :)