The Small Questions Thread

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Doat;2048991 said:
I had a targa leak but I replaced the seals and added silicone following the step by step guide and that stopped that leak I also replaced my tail light gaskets and awhile ago I did the rear hatch seal as well. When I open the hatch water drips from the trim panel on the right side. I need to remove the spoiler one day and seal that up and the wiper arm but not sure how to remove that.

Pull that trim piece off and try and see if there's any visual clues as to where the water is coming in from. You should be able to see the dirt is in a kinda "flowing" pattern from wherever it is leaking in and moving the dirt around.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Silver MK3;2049113 said:
Pull that trim piece off and try and see if there's any visual clues as to where the water is coming in from. You should be able to see the dirt is in a kinda "flowing" pattern from wherever it is leaking in and moving the dirt around.
yea I need time to tear it down and look around. I did remove the spoiler and put a little silicone around the bolt holes and the third brake light hole to see if that helps since the water is coming from the panel that's the only place I can think of, other than the wiper arm, where water would get into that. I also saw corrosion or signs of water on the nuts for the spoiler.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I want to replace my antenna with a short mast anyway. I didn't know they still had the spoiler seals I'll order those, thanks.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I have BC racing coilovers and I love them and I daily my supra lol. You can have ground clearance with any coilover setup since you can fully adjust them I adjusted mine to where the fender is about half an inch or an inch above the tire for a clean; yet, functional look. I only have to worry about big dips or steep inclines but I also have a front lip.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I run HSD coilovers. (Same as Stance)

They are adjustable... I'm not sure how high I could go though (never thought about raising the car... Lol)
I'm actually going to raise mine about a quarter inch simply to save my bumper.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
most the coil overs I've seen give you a max ride height of about 1"-1.5" under stock. I've seen one or two that's even 2". I'd like something slightly stiffer than stock but with really good dampening. I know tein and ksport make custom coil so i could probably have a ksport GR made but the cost is making new struts look good for now. I just appreciate my front bumper and chassis belly until I drive offroad.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Is there a short antenna replacement? I know I can buy an aftermarket one that goes on the hatch but I would prefer to put it in the factory location.

Any ideas or has anyone done this?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
atmperformance;2049547 said:
most the coil overs I've seen give you a max ride height of about 1"-1.5" under stock. I've seen one or two that's even 2". I'd like something slightly stiffer than stock but with really good dampening. I know tein and ksport make custom coil so i could probably have a ksport GR made but the cost is making new struts look good for now. I just appreciate my front bumper and chassis belly until I drive offroad.

You mention cost so air ride is out... Lol.

Pretty sure I could go lower than a 2" drop with my HSD coil overs, but that, to me, would be stupid. Unless your slamming solely for car shows, that's not practical. I am between 1-1.5" and I elegant to raise mine about 1/4" to save my bumper. Right now I scrape coming out of parking lots and there's no way I can get in my driveway without touching. Our cars nose is too long to be slammed and maintain drivability.
My opinion of course.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Grandavi;2049641 said:
You mention cost so air ride is out... Lol.

Pretty sure I could go lower than a 2" drop with my HSD coil overs, but that, to me, would be stupid. Unless your slamming solely for car shows, that's not practical. I am between 1-1.5" and I elegant to raise mine about 1/4" to save my bumper. Right now I scrape coming out of parking lots and there's no way I can get in my driveway without touching. Our cars nose is too long to be slammed and maintain drivability.
My opinion of course.
My bumper clears most curbs it just dips a lot from the blow out shocks

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
fc59752893235f5c13dbdde22a4b625a.jpg
is this thing not needed on a GTE motor? It's in my GE but not on both of my spare gte's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
When replacing the distributor cap and rotor, do I need to reset the timing?
I doubt I would as it should all be in the same place as long as I don't remove the distributor completely.