The Small Questions Thread

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Ok I've got one for you guys. GE vs GTE isc valves, same PN on the body but the GE has a long tube that goes inside the runner. I cant find any info on if this can be removed and they are interchangeable.

I found one or two mentions that they are but cant for the life of me get it off???

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
What is this connector for? Couldn't find it and far as I know never been connected since I've had the car.
7313b3b0b9a4685bfb31267edea6ebc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Not the AC control those plugs are underneath. I doubt it's for the stereo seems to route to the glovebox

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
So my parts car has 3.91 gear LSD diff, my 89 is an NA but has 4.30 LSD diff. Worth the swap if going NA-T what are the pros/cons?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Basically only speed. 3.73 is probably the best overall for a turbo. Lower revs for highway driving.

If your doing quarter mile, the 4.3 is gonna be a snappier diff for the gears.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Love my 3.73s. I have two 3.91s and a 4.30 diff that I have played with and ended up back where I started. Much better highway car and street wise is just as fast. The turbo spools much quicker and stronger with the higher load of the tall gears.

Best thing to do is pick up both if you get the opportunity, 3.91 isnt bad and some prefer it. I hated the 4.30 though.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I think the 4.3 is perfect for a NA as you get the quick acceleration. Or if you were using it as a track car with short runs. But for long distance travel it's nice to be able to stay near 3000 rpm with the taller gears on the 3.9 and 3.73. I'm just swapping in my 3.73 hopefully next week and will be selling my 3.9

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Any tips on stripping the hatch to hunt down my water leak? Tired of my car smelling like an old shoe after it rains. Also when it rains and I get in and put on my seat belt there is a patch on the belt that is wet I think it's leaking through those black side covers right by the window on the pillar, how can I take those off and seal them up?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It's most likely targa seals if you have targa.

There is no seal for the black plastic pieces at the back of the window.

For the rear it could be tail light seals which is most common. Or hatch seal or windows them selves.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
hvyman;2048988 said:
It's most likely targa seals if you have targa.

There is no seal for the black plastic pieces at the back of the window.

For the rear it could be tail light seals which is most common. Or hatch seal or windows them selves.
I had a targa leak but I replaced the seals and added silicone following the step by step guide and that stopped that leak I also replaced my tail light gaskets and awhile ago I did the rear hatch seal as well. When I open the hatch water drips from the trim panel on the right side. I need to remove the spoiler one day and seal that up and the wiper arm but not sure how to remove that.