The Hot Rod Power Tour, Supra Powered Maverick

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Damn! This is the first time I've seen this thread and I'm not sure how in the hell I've missed it.

It's incredible! Those rims are a perfect fit in between nostalgia and new age style. Perfect!

Now this is one domestic I would kill to own!

Keep up the incredible work man. I'm definitely tuned into this one. If you make it up around the DFW are let me ASAP.

-Nick-

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
suprahero;1234130 said:
I bow down to your greatness Lance.............:bowdown:

I'll be seeing you in March sir.

The spelling is wrong in the dog pic. ;)

Awesome lance! I thought I would chime in again to see how things are progressing and, wow! :icon_bigg

Duane

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Thanks guys for the comps...........and I dunno about greatness, just alot of hard work. Non stop work, but it will be badass when done, and should bring alot of representation to the Supra community. I still kind of wish that they would have gone with a 7M platform though, it would be finished already because I know the 7M's so well. 2JZ has been expensive, and a learning curve. But in the end it will be a much nicer ride with the 2JZ-GTE platform. I'll post back in a few weeks when it's running.

-Lance

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
I'm impressed. to be honest when you started I thought they'd only let you do a bare minimum of work to the car. I thought they'd let you pick the rims and give it a paint job...let you put a v8 in it. But this is a very indepth and high quality build you have done! This car should be a great performer and looker. Your workmanship is very good! everything is laid out properly and parts are applied they way they would be if it was a loving-ly built personal project car. great work!

Steve

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Here's the latest update guys, it's been alot of work, but it's almost done. Plans are to ship it to Wisconsin for the second week of June to drive it on the Hot Rod Power Tour.
p1306690_1.jpg

p1306690_2.jpg

p1306690_3.jpg

p1306690_4.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNT3kkbGN9c

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Looks good Lance. Glad to see you've got it running.

Those gauge rings custom?

Still planning on the custom intake?

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Thanks guys. The angle rings were custom machined by Spectre and sent to me for the dash panel, they made the dash look 1000% better, plus so much easier to read them. Next weekend, the 8-10th we're going to build all of the aluminum door panels, spoilers, splitter and yes the custom intake housing with the twin filters in the cowl induction hood. Ric Campbell is going to build it all, check out his site here:

http://www.bigwigracecars.com/home.htm

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I hated a Maverick as I grew up with nothing but Classic Mustangs. But, now that I'm a Classic myself, cars like yours are making me rething my position on them. Very Nice work Lance!!!!!

BTW.......Anything new with your Supra? How about making a sig picture so we can see it once in a while?

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
beautiful car! just wondering what gauges are you running in it? i counted 11 but i cant seem to find 11 gauges in my head.

tach,speedo,boost,oil pressure,fuel pressure,volts,water temp,oil temp.....is all i can think of what are the others?

yayfish24

Sep 7, 2008
avondale pa
SupaMan;1307184 said:
beautiful car! just wondering what gauges are you running in it? i counted 11 but i cant seem to find 11 gauges in my head.

tach,speedo,boost,oil pressure,fuel pressure,volts,water temp,oil temp.....is all i can think of what are the others?

fuel?