T61 Bolt on Turbo by Cx Racing

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
IwantMKIII;1372502 said:
^well that's comforting lol. What psi were you running and how much was it abused?

Ran for about 8-12 psi. No more than 2000 miles. Mostly stock setup, with just a 3 inch exhaust.

Not abused much at all, always timed down after any boosting.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
8-12 Lbs....No wonder it died..more likely Killed itself cause you weren't letting it live life to the fullest at 15+ PSI!! J/K
Seriously there are several factors to a turbos life span that has nothing to do with who built/rebuilt it. Was the Turbo unknowingly damaged in shipping, Was it primed correctly during install, are the stock oil & return lines clean & flowing freely???? I wouldn't hesitate to have another 60-1 or 57 trim CT. Now for me I just think it time to move forward with a larger set up.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
I have no problem with getting it thanks to the comments & thoughts posted in this thread. My 1st choice is to go with a full T-4 set up but depends on the availability of some components based on my personal choice & goals. Hopefully I'll know by midweek. If I do get the Bolt On T-61 I'll be sure to post details.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
^as someone who was very close to going T-4 I can tell you this bolt on is a fantastic route to go GIVEN it is reliable.

Looking through your mods you don't want or need anymore power than this turbo can offer.

T-4 can seem cheap but once you buy everything from the turbo, mani, WG, intake, oil lines, etc it really really adds up. I had all intentions but couldn't do it as i've been waiting for a cheaper bolt on like this that driftmotion has been working on. I even had a t4 mani and WG bought. Had them nearly a year and i just sold them a couple weeks ago.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Steve_N;1372529 said:
8-12 Lbs....No wonder it died..more likely Killed itself cause you weren't letting it live life to the fullest at 15+ PSI!! J/K
Seriously there are several factors to a turbos life span that has nothing to do with who built/rebuilt it. Was the Turbo unknowingly damaged in shipping, Was it primed correctly during install, are the stock oil & return lines clean & flowing freely???? I wouldn't hesitate to have another 60-1 or 57 trim CT. Now for me I just think it time to move forward with a larger set up.

Brand new lines were added. Turbo was primed 100% perfectly. Didnt seem damaged during shipping.

I would never install another upgraded CT26 in any car i own, thats for sure.

With the current prices of aftermarket setups, and the availablitly to get a great used turbo and have it rebuilt for cheap, why not? Ct26's are 20ish years old. Ill buy a new one for around the same price.

I built a full T4 setup for my 7m, using stainless steel lines, a large T4 turbo, manifold, and a 4 inch downpipe for practically under 500 dollars.

:)

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
IwantMKIII;1373351 said:
^that must've been a fluke b/c normally the 57trims are very reliable from what i've read.

Reliable or not, from my personal experiance, i hate the CT26. It was never meant to have a larger wheel in it.

T4 > Ct26

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
Where does it say it's from cxracing? I would never buy anything from cxracing, my buddy bought a turbo kit for his s14 240 (turbo looked exactly like the one in this kit quality wise) said It was a bolt on kit. Emailed the guy who said it would work for an s13 or 14. Put it all together just to find out it won fit an s14, the exhaust housing would melt the PS resevoir and a few other goodies. 26 days aftr buying the ki he tells the guy he wants a refund and he dissapears.

However I only see etdmotors emblems.. Sooooo ^^ rant pointless.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Someone is just going to have to buy one and test it out.. If it fails, since it has a t3 center section it could probably be rebuilt with all real parts for $400..maybe less.

I'd buy one now but my stocker is holding up fine atm and I'm not ready to upgrade the turbo anyway. Plus I'd rather let someone else be the guinea pig ;)

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
^I was thinking it could be rebuilt as well.

The way i see it is even if it fails and its another 4-500 to rebuild properly with good internals that's still about 1000. Thats significantly cheaper than any other Boss or JT bolt on upgrade around right now so its still win win minus the hassle.

If this thing does turn out to be reliable, i wouldn't mind picking one up.

Mario

Jan 26, 2009
st. paul
anyone bought one yet? if not im wondering how many people we can get togeather to buy this t61 bolt on. you know to see what kinda discount we can get if we buy as a group if any? i know this tread might be kinda old but i'v seen these a lot on ebay.

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
We may be able to tell the seller to cut a break and that if he trusts his product he will knock a few bucks off for us to test and that it may result in a whole forum of people purchasing.

Ok, i'll be the first to say: I'll put $10 in for one to be bought and send to Aaron at DM to test. (sorry, Aaron).

One down, 49 to go...

'85 supra

garagedoor man
Aug 27, 2008
georgia
You Are Bidding the Following One

T61 Turbocharger For

Toyota 86-92 Supra MKIII with 7MGTE Engine

Bolt On Replace/Upgrade for Stock CT26 turbo

This is an Upgrade Turbo, Fits Perfectly without changes to Downpipe and Intercooler.

Why Waste Money on rebuilding an old Turbo, that you can get this high Quality Bigger Turbo for the same or less Money?

Big HP ~ 500 HP, Quick Spool