T61 Bolt on Turbo by Cx Racing

gamer565

Mar 8, 2008
KS
IwantMKIII;1411487 said:
:biglaugh:

I may not be able to push it to its limits but, ill save money:x:

Actually ill more then likely get some 550cc before anything, but i just spent $300 for new calipers/brakes/rotors and a front left spindle. So it will all have to wait atleast another month or so.

LordLo

Jun 20, 2006
OR
I am running one, but the T4 .84 V-band version, it's been on for 3 years so far. Only complaint is that it lags a bit more than the small ct26, full boost at ~4k rpm.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
LordLo;1411510 said:
I am running one, but the T4 .84 V-band version, it's been on for 3 years so far. Only complaint is that it lags a bit more than the small ct26, full boost at ~4k rpm.

How many miles on the turbo and how much boost? (not the max boost you ever archieved, but the boost you run when you drive it 'daily' )

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
LordLo;1411510 said:

Pics? Whats the shaft play? And I could have a turbo 10 years and it have 400 miles on it, so a little more specific on usage?

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
paradox616;1420627 said:
i'm prepared to test one out for the community, if it breaks then ill deal with it then! will most likely will be in a few months.

:blah: <--we've heard a lot of this with comments like these

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
IwantMKIII;1420634 said:
:blah: <--we've heard a lot of this with comments like these

my ct26 just sucicided...

i dont feel like spending $$ on rebuilding it just to be back where i started. i will be ordering one either tomorrow or the day after... happy? :p

i just did some calculations and this turbo looks to be a good match for the 7m, ill be interested to see how it performs.

its hard to tell but it says the outlet is 2.5", from the pictures it doesn't look it. looks more like 2.25".

Last edited:

Black

Sep 29, 2009
Karlstejn
Alright guys I already bought it :p But you have to wait a little bit because I still rebuilding an engine....
I will post some photos tomorrow...
Oil and water cooled... Somobody see original CT26?? it have only two inlets and it IS oil AND water cooled... it using one inlet for oil feed and drain at once...

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
having said that black, will it bolt up to the factory hard lines? the one listed on the site is different...

because im in a different country on the other side of the world might take 2-3 weeks for mine to arrive. :)

does not look like it has coolant lines from this picture 1 hole usually means 1 way :p, the ct26 has 2 holes per flange plate.

TRB-T61-7.jpg

Last edited:

stay.tuned

Mar 31, 2009
san diego
hey guys I'm in need of a turbo to complete my setup I just purchased the turbo should have it this week when I get it I'll take alot of pic and give you as much info as I can later.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
paradox616;1421103 said:
my ct26 just sucicided...

i dont feel like spending $$ on rebuilding it just to be back where i started. i will be ordering one either tomorrow or the day after... happy? :p

i just did some calculations and this turbo looks to be a good match for the 7m, ill be interested to see how it performs.

its hard to tell but it says the outlet is 2.5", from the pictures it doesn't look it. looks more like 2.25".

Outlet appears 2.5". If its not, well that's just absurd for that size wheel and housing. and yes im happy but ill be more happy when its on and running so expedite that thing!

Be sure to include LOTS of pics, detailed. Video if possible, HD preferable :icon_bigg. And get that thing running QUICK!

Black;1421456 said:
Alright guys I already bought it :p But you have to wait a little bit because I still rebuilding an engine....
I will post some photos tomorrow...
Oil and water cooled... Somobody see original CT26?? it have only two inlets and it IS oil AND water cooled... it using one inlet for oil feed and drain at once...

If you have it, post some mock up pics or something.

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
IwantMKIII;1423038 said:
Outlet appears 2.5". If its not, well that's just absurd for that size wheel and housing. and yes im happy but ill be more happy when its on and running so expedite that thing!

Be sure to include LOTS of pics, detailed. Video if possible, HD preferable :icon_bigg. And get that thing running QUICK!

If you have it, post some mock up pics or something.

I'm fitting my after market ECU and upgrading my fuel system while i'm at it then it will be towed to my tuners and i can provide dyno graphs when all finished, unfortunately the scope of this work is going to take the rest of the year. so i can provide fitting issues/oil line set-up only initially. after all id rather do it right than run it on a stock tune and blow something up.

Last edited:

Black

Sep 29, 2009
Karlstejn
paradox616;1421470 said:
having said that black, will it bolt up to the factory hard lines? the one listed on the site is different...

because im in a different country on the other side of the world might take 2-3 weeks for mine to arrive. :)

does not look like it has coolant lines from this picture 1 hole usually means 1 way :p, the ct26 has 2 holes per flange plate.

Sorry still dont have time to make photos... Yes it fit on exhaust perfectly but you need to modify oil feed. I hope to send some detailed photos tonight ;)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I think it's funny that they show it with a stock elbow... Because of the design of the exhaust housing and the stock elbow, it's going to hinder the wastegate flow possibly causing dangerous boost spikes. Testing would have to be conducted, but keep it in mind!

Big mouth elbow/DP or a DDP with the divider cut off (and the gasket that will match the shape, like the ones that come with the chinaman DDP's) would be ideal.