T61 Bolt on Turbo by Cx Racing

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
IwantMKIII;1371140 said:
OP: ask seller how "bolt on" this turbo really is. IE water cooled? Oil lines bolt up? etc.

From a cpl reply's I got from the Ebay buyers the stock oil & water lines wont work. New lines have to made up or a kit bought just like you would for the Sp61GT or the Boss turbos.

I really like the info Im getting from the Ebay buyers but as lewis15498 pointed out nothing on longevity. Only thing to go on there is with all the other Turbos they have sold & from the info on Ebay & CxRacing web site they all are holding up. I searched Ask.com & Google for feedback in general & didn't find any negative wright ups but no supporting testimonials off there web sit tho. While I think I have enough info to make me comfortable enough to try it out I'm still on the fence of this Bolt on T-61 or full T4 set up. With the Bolt on I can do myself & handle the water/oil lines. A T4 I would need a new Down Pipe w/V-band made up. That I can't do myself & finding a shop that will do it is a PITA in my town. I seen 935motorsport had some V-band down pipes but they are listed for 2J & 1J. Also My IC pipes & a few other things would have to be re done which I can do but just ads to the down time.

Last edited:

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
Sounds tempting but for that price you know quality and longevity will suffer. Probably made in China with inferior parts. I feel ebay turbos are the wrong way to go, but by all means, someone prove me wrong.

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
I can't be sure from the photos, but if the bolts mounting the exhaust and compressor housings are evenly spaced, you should be able to clock it to line up the oil and coolant flanges.

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
sthmstr;1371235 said:
Told by whom? Buyers or sellers?
All the pics look oil only to me?

Look again, it clearly has two flanges, 180 degrees opposite, like the CT26.

Attachments

• TRB-T61-3.jpg
    TRB-T61-3.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Yea...One is the oil inlet and one is the drain. And there are no coolant ports.

I believe I got it right the first time...it's a t3/4 center section. Oil cooled only.

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
WhtMa71;1371423 said:
Yea...One is the oil inlet and one is the drain. And there are no coolant ports.

I believe I got it right the first time...it's a t3/4 center section. Oil cooled only.

I stand corrected, I didn't look at all the pics, and I just found one that shows the ports clearly. Oil only after all.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
oil or water AND oil cooled, not a big deal....The stock water lines are easily bypassed. Not to mention cooling shouldn't be an issue with today's synthetic oils

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
sthmstr;1371235 said:
Told by whom? Buyers or sellers?
All the pics look oil only to me?

I got the info from a buyer but I misread his 1st email. It is oil cooled only. He re-routed the water line like this
dlgateway.php

And made up own oil lines. No dyno info yet. The five I talked to just got the turbos this July. Only a cpl of them are running while the others are still under there builds.

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
Here's the official response.....

Dear aaron5228,

this is oil cooler only, no water. But it is sufficient, we have sold a lot, have 0 issues. Very nice product.

- etdmotors

No Water it seems....

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
I am sorry but no water cooling was the first thing I said on the first page...there are only 2 ports on the turbo, every turbo is oil cooled therefore no water cooling so I don't know why this is still a discussion. Anyways it is so cheap why doesn't someone buy it and try it! I would have jumped on this in a heart beat if I wasn't T4, just for reference both my Supra's make over 400rwhp and 400rwtq on ebay turbos. I really am a firm believer that 90% of problems with turbos and such is the tuner/owner. A bad tune will kill a motor, turbo, system in a heart beat no matter what the brand is. Don't get me wrong there is a difference between a Garrett and a knock off but people are using the knock-offs successfully and repeatably!

The short: its worth trying if for the price with out a doubt!

Seth

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
200 more for a ct26 with 57 trim. Proven and longer lifespan. Not to mention bolt on, retain stock look, water and oil cooled.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
sethron71;1371728 said:
I am sorry but no water cooling was the first thing I said on the first page...there are only 2 ports on the turbo, every turbo is oil cooled therefore no water cooling so I don't know why this is still a discussion. Anyways it is so cheap why doesn't someone buy it and try it! I would have jumped on this in a heart beat if I wasn't T4, just for reference both my Supra's make over 400rwhp and 400rwtq on ebay turbos. I really am a firm believer that 90% of problems with turbos and such is the tuner/owner. A bad tune will kill a motor, turbo, system in a heart beat no matter what the brand is. Don't get me wrong there is a difference between a Garrett and a knock off but people are using the knock-offs successfully and repeatably!

The short: its worth trying if for the price with out a doubt!

Seth

No need to get bent out of shape about this seth. Yes you made have said that but who cares :3d_frown:

Yes you were right but it being water cooled or not is not the point of this thread. Most people here including myself are looking for reassurance more than anything based on first hand knowledge. I'm glad you have no problems with your ebay turbos. That kind of info is good to know. Were they from ETDmotors? If so, that's even better. It can give them some credit.

Hmong_1G;1372382 said:
200 more for a ct26 with 57 trim. Proven and longer lifespan. Not to mention bolt on, retain stock look, water and oil cooled.

Maybe so but there is A LOT more power to be gained from this turbo. Not to mention it will have much less compressor surge being in the larger housings, so its lifetime may be quite a bit longer for all we know.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Hmong_1G;1372382 said:

I had a 57 trim done by driftmotion and it blew in less than 2,000 miles.