Status
Not open for further replies.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Emilio- I'm in for the meet, but I can't be sure that I'll be showing up in a Supra...

Funky- DG motors (in St. Louis Park) is my machine shop. They've done engines for a couple people I know and the engines all seem to be holding up well.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
SO... I've gotten a bunch of parts now, and I'm having a problem with the Mishimoto Radiator. I knew it needed custom mods to the original mounts to fit, but the radiator I got is warped about 10mm. :icon_mad: It pulls back on the driver's upper corner and I' like to know if that's a normal problem with aluminum radiators...

Anyways, the DDP is here, my replacement turbo is on its way, and I'm still waiting for the block to get done. In all, it's moving much slower than I'm used to car repair moving (I'm a flat-rate dealer tech). :biglaugh:
I've also cleaned my injectors in the ultrasonic cleaner and the spray pattern is much better than it was before. I love that thing!:love:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
That is fine if you bring your 7 I guess if your sup wont be done, lol. As for the Rad, pics are worth a million words ;) Plus pics of what ever else you pick up

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
As for the radiator, I've been in contact with Mishimoto, and they are sending the right radiator out sometime next week.
I bought a 2-pack of turbos from Lord Mike, so I don't need to put my whiny crap turbo on my shiny new engine, nor deal with an exploded compressor wheel!
My intercooler setup arrived today, but I'm still at work so pics soon. Will need some welding, but it'll be sweet!
I am also planning on buying Nashman's AEM EMS and harness, but that's not finalized yet. If I get it, I'll be modding the harness to fit a non-multiplex ignitor, possibly a toyota DH61 to eliminate all misfire crap.

So all this means no Supra for the SS meet tomorrow, but I will be rocking my 94 rolla -gokart- Yeeah!

Last edited:

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I know, right? But,. as long as the engine holds up, I'll be OK. I figure it's worth it to wait and have it be 100%, rather than a rushed job that fails. I'm stimulating the economy enought as is. I don't need any re-do's. Here's the pics I know you've all wanted...or not.
The ddp, chinaman style!
p1415439_1.jpg

Sensors installed
p1415439_2.jpg

View of the warpage, seen fron driver's side, upper tank.
p1415439_3.jpg

Gutted old turbo CHRA. Possibly for spares...no
p1415439_4.jpg

My unique solution to extra plug wire length, also hold-down for coils.
p1415439_5.jpg

Intercooler
p1415439_6.jpg

Pipe kit
p1415439_7.jpg

Apparantly cats really like that "new car part" smell. :)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
toyotanos;1412601 said:
SO... I've gotten a bunch of parts now, and I'm having a problem with the Mishimoto Radiator. I knew it needed custom mods to the original mounts to fit, but the radiator I got is warped about 10mm. :icon_mad: It pulls back on the driver's upper corner and I' like to know if that's a normal problem with aluminum radiators...

Anyways, the DDP is here, my replacement turbo is on its way, and I'm still waiting for the block to get done. In all, it's moving much slower than I'm used to car repair moving (I'm a flat-rate dealer tech). :biglaugh:
I've also cleaned my injectors in the ultrasonic cleaner and the spray pattern is much better than it was before. I love that thing!:love:

Not "normal" at all dude send it back....

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Apparantly there has been some sort of labeling problem with the 86-92 Supra radiators, so Mishimoto is working on a solution for me right now. I should get their game plan next week, but it sounds like some sort of recall may be in order. As long as I get a good radiator, I'm happy.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Yeah, I'm really surprised at how quickly they got back in touch with me. I had been reading that their CS dept. was slow to respond, but not this time! So far, so good.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Mishimoto has been having allot of quality control issues with their radiators, so much so that one of my old distributors has dropped the mishimoto line completely.

With that said I am 3/3 on Mishimoto radiators that I have installed on having perfect fit.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Engine will be Thursday night for sure! Just got the e-mail from my machine shop (at 1:30 AM) Sweeeeeet!!!

Now I just have to wait for the new (proper fitting) radiator so I can run it, won't that be fun?

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
AEM EMS is on its way from Canada land! I gets a mint harness too, so no more melty/burned/oil-soaked/split insulation with 195,000 in it! I'm very poor now, but very happy. :icon_bigg
I'll also be picking up the engine Friday after work, and then the real building begins. Hours upon hours of spec-checking, torquing, measuring, sizing, and then final assembly. I might even have a radiator by the time I need to install it! ;)

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
toyotanos;1419164 said:
AEM EMS is on its way from Canada land! I gets a mint harness too, so no more melty/burned/oil-soaked/split insulation with 195,000 in it! I'm very poor now, but very happy. :icon_bigg
I'll also be picking up the engine Friday after work, and then the real building begins. Hours upon hours of spec-checking, torquing, measuring, sizing, and then final assembly. I might even have a radiator by the time I need to install it! ;)

Looks like its a race. (I am picking my engine up friday also)

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Ah, but I have no radiator, and I need to put it together, and I need to wait for the new harness, and, and, and... I think it will be a good race- we both are missing large pieces of the puzzle.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
toyotanos;1419773 said:
Ah, but I have no radiator, and I need to put it together, and I need to wait for the new harness, and, and, and... I think it will be a good race- we both are missing large pieces of the puzzle.
The pieces I am missing are on the shelf at SS:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.