***Steve's 700HP Meth Single 2JZ MKIII (Soon 4 Sale!)

Dec 31, 2010
IL
This has been boxed the entire time, putting the Fans and Rad together and having them ready to install made me suddenly conscious of how close I am to being back in business!

Yes the old setup is back on, kind of depressing but it's a necessary evil. I want this clutch to be broken in before it sees any boost. Thanks to Moy mentioning his slave going out and his transmission mount failing...I bought a brand new mount and slave rebuild kit (Moy don't mention anything else, I'm a hypo-car-driac!)

Just need to wire relays for the fans, and connect the AntiLag to the clutch pedal, add oil and a few hose clamps, and she'll be ready to start!!! Have to wait until Friday because Royal Purple and a full gas of tank is expensive with monthly bill week. So payday it is. I also have to go to Toyota for the R154 speedo short cable. So damn close that I'm feeling anxious! I think this calls for an epic emoticon!? :nono:

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Lol full "gas of tank?" It's time for bed...been at it 12 hours up and down and all around that darn car! zzzZZZZZzzzzzzz

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Rebuilt slave and had trouble with the clutch pedal, thought the seals blew and ordered another master. Turns out the new clutch needs greater travel, so I had my head where my feet go and feet where my head goes adjusting the clutch. This clutch feel great. Not used to this smooth of engagement and sooner too. Would have four puck if I could go back, but streetability is the goal. I have a few bugs. My coolant temp doesn't work. Too cold of a thermostat? Laptop reads 68. Oil pressure has tripled! Cruising at 2,500 with 80 psi!? WTF!? Is this okay? I have a vid loading now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Finished wiring fan relays.
Royal Purple, spent $116 on oil alone!
If you had to choose, which car would you pick?
Honestly?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368378418196.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368378418196.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 26
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368378469666.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368378469666.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 26
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368378489562.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368378489562.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 24
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368378593741.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368378593741.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 29
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368378621514.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368378621514.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 38
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368378644424.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368378644424.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 28
Dec 31, 2010
IL
Here it is guys, is this too much!? Never seen it that high!? Something wrong? I don't wanna boost and blow seals!
[video=youtube;ak9NaUNHebc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak9NaUNHebc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

doonsuka

May 27, 2011
AZ
I'm curious about your fans, I've been considering getting these. Do you know have much air they move? How do you like them? Are you using a thermo switch? I live in one of the hottest cities in the nation and don't know if they are adequate. I can't find any info on their CFM.

Dec 31, 2010
IL
doonsuka;1938379 said:
I'm curious about your fans, I've been considering getting these. Do you know have much air they move? How do you like them? Are you using a thermo switch? I live in one of the hottest cities in the nation and don't know if they are adequate. I can't find any info on their CFM.

I went through the paperwork given and did not see a specific cfm. You would have to contact them. I have a dual relay setup with 30 amps each. The fan hits the turbo better as it is all the way at the end of the rad, instead of the more centered version of the OEM clutch fan. I have the intake fan wired to a switch that is a race mode switch that enables wideband, laptop power, cutout, and second fan. Install was OEM easy, no fabbing. I like them, a little loud, but not bad. The car stays perhaps too cool with the 68 degree thermostat. The standalone doesn't care, and maybe my feet won't sweat after a day of boosting. In my opinion these are the best on the market for us since fluidyne started having some quality issues. (I would still use them though) These ran me half a grand, and I'm okay with that.

I haven't been able to boost around but this car can get pretty hot after a cruise, I have faith she'll be much cooler this time ;) I blew up 2 stockers and my friend's Fluidyne he let me borrow. Bad motor mounts let the engine shake and clutch fan would nick rads. Lol didn't figure it out till after killing an expensive Fluidyne. Sucks man :banghead:
-Steve-
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I'll put those fans / radiator up against the C&R unit any day. ;) 'Course, the C&R unit is three time the price. :(

You prefer the Fluidampr over the ATI units? Any reasoning there?

Clear timing gear cover - who makes those, where did you get it, and is it super brittle like the 7M variants?

Dec 31, 2010
IL
GrimJack;1938421 said:
I'll put those fans / radiator up against the C&R unit any day. ;) 'Course, the C&R unit is three time the price. :(

You prefer the Fluidampr over the ATI units? Any reasoning there?

Clear timing gear cover - who makes those, where did you get it, and is it super brittle like the 7M variants?

Hello sir! I wouldn't dispute you on the C&R's, I am a huge Fluidyne Fan myself, but not lately. For the price I don't think a non builder would go as extreme as them, but yes, they are a super serious product. The first reason I went Fluidampr was because I wanted a quick replacement for my new OEM one. Being that there were none, I liked the fact of a lazer sealed silicone filled zinc coated damper for the price of Toyota's OEM. (snatched mine for $315) The way i see it, if they guarantee it running longer than an engine life, it's gotta be worth it, especially since an ATI is $100 more. As for the cover, it is made by Greddy. The idea is to get an aluminum polished valley cover and show off the cams. I can't speak of reliability as I haven't tried it's durability out. Sold by SpeedGear but you can find some on eBay. I paid a bone for mine and now see them for $70. Kinda Sucks. On a side note I stalk your build...unreal man!
-Steve-

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I've always been a PWR fan, but shipping from Aussie land is killer... so when I heard C&R uses PWR cores, I was happy as hell.

I'm in the market for a new damper, and at the moment it seems like a coin toss which one to get... although, all things being equal, and extra $100 in my pocket can't hurt.