***Steve's 700HP Meth Single 2JZ MKIII (Soon 4 Sale!)

Dec 31, 2010
IL
So right off the bat, some pics...
p1858606_1.jpg

p1858606_2.jpg

p1858606_3.jpg

p1858606_4.jpg

p1858606_5.jpg

I have been working on this a long time, since I bought it last year October, and have just started to take it out again, testing the new meth and wiring.

Youtube "Methanol 2JZ Supra Single Turbo" for a vid of it finally alive before it was garaged winter, that's the old setup.

*History*

Built by Scott(Hottscennessey), sold to Matt(SuicideA70), sold to Me. Jeff also helped (Boost Lee)

As soon as I got it the GT4088 blew 3 days later. After just buying a a car and registering it, it sat a while as I saved. (I still polished it n stuff,lol)

It made it's way into the garage where alot of changes were made that I wanted to do for my own liking.

For starters the door panels have been replaced, so the huge hole in the above pic is gone, and I acquired grey seats as blue were impossible to get, and I gave up.

*Let's get started*

Right off the bat I relocated the Battery Kill switch to behind the Driver's center console. Way more convenient that reaching for it under the bumper.
p1858606_6.jpg

Did a crap ton or wiring, and am pleased with the new LED indications, including Meth low, Meth armed, front fuel pump on(it would go out due to bad relay, Matt helped on this one via phone, lol)
p1858606_7.jpg

Took the giant ass anaconda 4" exhaust off, it would scrape and broke the welds in back, and was LOUD, pulled over first day I registered it.
p1858606_8.jpg

So I went with two, 3 Inch mufflers on the same pipe
p1858606_9.jpg

Not to worry, I installed a 4" cutout
p1858606_10.jpg

p1858606_11.jpg

The idea was a side pipe like this, still not done, but cutout works fine, switch is by hazards, where windshild button was
p1858606_12.jpg

In the spirit of fixing things, I tore apart the center console to change the combination switch which was broke,speedo cable, and swap a gauge from the cluster.
p1858606_13.jpg

p1858606_14.jpg

p1858606_15.jpg

p1858606_16.jpg

p1858606_17.jpg

p1858606_18.jpg

Removing stock boost gauge, putting in Wideband gauge
p1858606_19.jpg

p1858606_20.jpg

p1858606_21.jpg

Before I started this new meth setup I needed a back trunk.

More work than I anticipated
p1858606_22.jpg

p1858606_23.jpg

p1858606_24.jpg

p1858606_25.jpg

p1858606_26.jpg

My entire plan for the vehicle is pure stealth. I thought, now how can I hide a 5 gallon meth setup?

250PSI pump!
p1858606_27.jpg

5 F*cking gallon tank to feed the two huge 14 nozzles!
p1858606_28.jpg

p1858606_29.jpg

p1858606_30.jpg

p1858606_31.jpg

Yep, a False Sub woofer would be perfect!
p1858606_32.jpg

p1858606_33.jpg

p1858606_34.jpg

You'd never suspect it! Honestly think about it!
p1858606_35.jpg

Wanted a PITA free setup, so....hinges.(internal:)
p1858606_36.jpg

p1858606_37.jpg

5 gallons of neat meth is dangerous; didn't want any meth to escape.
Check valves allow air in to keep tank from sucking in and caving.
p1858606_38.jpg

p1858606_39.jpg

Almost done, more work than it looks like..
p1858606_40.jpg

Easy fill, box is being reconstructed to barrier tank, air passage will be through box bottom/trunk floor/ spare tire plug to outside.
p1858606_41.jpg

Ricer:"What are you running?"
Me:pump Gas....but hey come check out my sub woofer! (fully functional too)
p1858606_42.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2010
IL
The engine looked like this...
p1858609_1.jpg

But I ordered chrome JZ tops from Majestic motorsports $450 shipped, and another $150 for the valley cover, $600 was well worth it, as the new look shows.
p1858609_2.jpg

The GT40 was traded for a T76
p1858609_3.jpg

This is temp, as I am saving for a GT4088R, which will really suit this setup!

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Anti Lag coming soon! Once the GT4088R is paid/installed polished and ceramic coated, and some paint on the back bumper, it will be for sale. Ganna buy a house, and gotta keep this or the supra in my sig pic. So this will go as I had the red MKII(FTW) forever, from Seattle to Hawaii it always came with. I will post pics and keep you updated! Here is a link to the vid!
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?151684-2JZ-MK3-22psi-vid!

cote006

Mar 19, 2012
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Looking great! I can tell you've been working really hard on this and it's really paying off! If I may ask, why are you planning to sell it?

EDIT:
never mind haha I had the post up too long so by the time i replied, it didn't show your most recent post in the thread and when I clicked reply, it refreshed and showed it. Looking good though still. How much are you wanting to get for it?

Dec 31, 2010
IL
cote006;1858613 said:
Looking great! I can tell you've been working really hard on this and it's really paying off! If I may ask, why are you planning to sell it?

EDIT:
never mind haha I had the post up too long so by the time i replied, it didn't show your most recent post in the thread and when I clicked reply, it refreshed and showed it. Looking good though still. How much are you wanting to get for it?

Lol no prob, and Thanks, these pics really can't show the time and frustration put into things, from finding the right damn bolts, to wiring nightmares. Even the damn laptop stand gave me hell to get it just right, as they are pipes screwed into eachother. It just can't be explained. I may have to redo the exhaust downpipe again once the GT40 get's in and changes the angle of the V-Band...It's all worth it in the end, and I will be in no rush to sell it once I take it to 29 psi This Friday! I'm sure that will weigh heavy on my mechanical heart. Thanks again.

cote006

Mar 19, 2012
St. Cloud, Minnesota
MA67SupraTurbo;1858614 said:
Lol no prob, and Thanks, these pics really can't show the time and frustration put into things, from finding the right damn bolts, to wiring nightmares. Even the damn laptop stand gave me hell to get it just right, as they are pipes screwed into eachother. It just can't be explained. I may have to redo the exhaust downpipe again once the GT40 get's in and changes the angle of the V-Band...It's all worth it in the end, and I will be in no rush to sell it once I take it to 29 psi This Friday! I'm sure that will weigh heavy on my mechanical heart. Thanks again.

You're very welcome!
The way I see it with these cars (and anything for that matter), if in the end, you like the end product and it makes you happy, there's no reason why it shouldn't be well worth the cost/time/labor/frustration, etc that has been put into it. Everyone on here has been telling me that I should just sell my supra and cut my losses because it's an expensive car to work on, and when you're young like me, it can really come back to bite you in the ass, but what I think a lot of people don't know is that this car has literally been my dream car for just about my whole life. Of course it has all turned out to be more spendy that I thought it would be, but I'm not looking to get this all done right away. I know it will take a lot of time and labor on my part, but I'm willing to learn all that I need to learn and more, and seeing build threads on here like yours motivates me even more. My plan as of now is to get as much money as I can for the current engine I have that has a few big problems (rod knock and possible bhg) and use that as a starting base to save up for an engine swap. I know it won't be much to start out with, but a start nonetheless.

Dec 31, 2010
IL
hottscennessey;1858625 said:
Well done Im really happy to see you taking care of some things that needed attention. Great work!

Thanks Scott, you are the father of this Frankenstein, and I'm just tightening some bolts. Really glad you like it, still have even bigger plans, and really hope I keep it in the end.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Steve, WOW. This is awesome, man!

I was torn to see it go... and truthfully from the get-go, wasn't sure what kind of person was going to be buying this monster...

Fast forward to now, I'm happy to see it ended up in the hands of someone who is really putting effort into making it even better.

Congrats, man! Please do keep this thread updated as I'll be keeping an eye on it! :)

Jeff

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Jacob25;1859418 said:
Looks good. I need to find time for another ride in it before you sell it.
HAHA! Had a 1 inch tear in the coupler that day, Once I get this wiring sorted, I'll be sure to give you another ride! This was up for sale for close to a year before I picked it up, so I don't think it's going anywhere fast. (Who drops stacks on an 87 toyo these hard days, lol)

Boost Lee;1859815 said:
Steve, WOW. This is awesome, man!

I was torn to see it go... and truthfully from the get-go, wasn't sure what kind of person was going to be buying this monster...

Fast forward to now, I'm happy to see it ended up in the hands of someone who is really putting effort into making it even better.

Congrats, man! Please do keep this thread updated as I'll be keeping an eye on it! :)

Jeff

Booost Lee! Many thanks to you guys for helping me out, getting to know the Supra better. I will definitely keep you posted with some anti-lag fireballs, and race footage! Took it to the track but the laptop froze, (I brought 2 entirely different ones, and the other had software issues) and the meth pump needed a better ground. Being blind on the laptop, and seeing that the meth on LED (very f*cking convenient) wasn't lighting, I let off and ran like a 16 sec 1/4 mile! lol. Better safe than sorry. I can't wait to get a BB turbo, it's taking forever to save while buying all the mods, but I'll get there.

Just for You,Scott, and Matt I'll post a vid of what happened. Took 8 hours to upload an 11 min vid, and I cut it down to the main quarter mile run. I shifted at the lean condition, then gave up.

Enjoy my Fail...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xso_eIU7Dfk
[video=youtube;Xso_eIU7Dfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xso_eIU7Dfk[/video]

Lastly, just wanted to say thanks again Jeff, for the help and the appreciation. It's been an uphill battle, but I'm almost there!

-Steve-

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2010
IL
Well I fixed the Meth Problem, and bad popping. I bought a stupid walmart led strip so I would know for sure the pump was seeing power.

Check it out, this was only a Test.

[video=youtube;qxrNqhhJYSk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxrNqhhJYSk&feature=plcp[/video]

Dec 31, 2010
IL
I won loudest exhaust at a Hot Rod convention, hit 133 decibels! Set the antilag on the spot at 4k, notice the revving, and then my right hand drops because the rpm's had to stay still for 2 seconds to set. Once locked in I let her rip shit! Made a dent in the pavement, and pulled up asphalt that shoots out on the second revv!
[video=youtube;jB5Ia85QWis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB5Ia85QWis&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
MA67SupraTurbo;1866544 said:
I won loudest exhaust at a Hot Rod convention, hit 133 decibels! Set the antilag on the spot at 4k, notice the revving, and then my right hand drops because the rpm's had to stay still for 2 seconds to set. Once locked in I let her rip shit! Made a dent in the pavement, and pulled up asphalt that shoots out on the second revv!
[video=youtube;jB5Ia85QWis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB5Ia85QWis&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Awesome video! Wish the camera would've picked up the audio a little better... Sorry Hot Rods, LOL.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I love my two step and methanol. I don't think I could ever own another supra withouth the methanol injection.