SPOTTED: Veilside Widebody MK3 in Indianapolis, IN!

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I doubt anyone (other than people in Central Indiana) would have a clue, but as I was heading to work today, I was approaching an intersection and to my surprise, I see a wild looking front bumper and wheels on a MKIII, I'm thinking, "Oh, tits, a Supra! :love:"...and as I slow down to take the corner, The ENTIRE rear/side triangle windows are completely missing as well as the rear hatch window. I'm thinking, WTF, wait, is this a Supra?

It sure was...

As I slowly passed, I looked at the rear to see an embeded base about where the top of the backseats would sit, and to my surprise, I see a tiny, little square window in the back and some WILD ass looking thin LED tail lights.

I stupidly gave the guy a thumbs up and honked and he just stared at me like I was a fuck-tard. :icon_bigg Best thing to happen to me this week.

Any of you Indiana guys EVER seen this or heard of this thing roaming the streets? It was white, and this hellacious custom widebody/custom body that was redone was in a very light grayish primer, almost flat white...and had definately 18" wheels on there. It was just amazing to see...

NO PICS. :cry: I was busy cleaning up my mess I made all over my lap and steering wheel. :naughty:

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Boost Lee said:
I stupidly gave the guy a thumbs up and honked and he just stared at me like I was a fuck-tard. :

:3d_frown: THat was a prick thing for him to do! When someone respects my Supra enough to give me a thumbs up or wave I respond back with the same out of respect. You should of shot him the "SHOCKER" & seen what he did. :naughty:

So back to the Supra, was it like the Supra Truck? I never seen a Vaileside wide body kit for the A70. Do you have a pic or link of the kit? Would like to see what your talking about.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
i dont know, veilside and hot usually dont go well together..

i remember seeing an MK3 on ebay with a veilside front for sale not too long ago..

thin LED taillights..?

small rear hatch opening...

definintely sounds custom.......or another car..

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
i found an original (pictured here) and then modified it to my own car from there...
originalwz6.jpg

here you can see every modification i've made..

moddedwt7.gif

so while i started with a base, i've changed nearly 100% of it...

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
This Supra was WILD looking. I ended up finding out that it was a completely custom thing made.

I have no pictures...but I DID go ahead and make a drawing and used the little 3 angle picture. :D:D:D:D

Sorry for the ugliness and sloppiness, I did it in MS Paint in less than 10 minutes.

It should at least give you an *IDEA* of what I saw...but I promise, in person, it was just amazing looking....and not as ugly as I make it out to be in these pictures. :D

****In the picture...I didn't make it as wide as it really was, but it had some wide@$$ tires to go along with it on the back****

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
No, I haven't talked to the owner yet.

I've spoken with a few of his friends, in which, they said he pieced together like 3 different Japanese body kits for a JZA70, and other than sheet metal welding a widebody kit, he had like 15 pieces that went onto the car...but overall, was a complete custom job.

No, it doesn't look like that wild@$$ Silver car ^^above^^, lol.
I'm actually still confused with what the hell I'm looking at...but it did have similar looking rear quarters...Other than the widemouth front bumper, the front end (Headlights, hood, etc) were all the same as ours.

A mystery I tell ya. A complete mystery. I'm going to find this car one day and get some pictures....It's so weird looking, lol.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
YES! Perfect way to describe it!!!

It was like an MR-2's rear window....not like a truck window.

It was REALLY small, and was actually rounded off a little bit on the "corners".

Some wild stuff I tell ya. ;)