Specs and Year Changes for MKIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Didn't check all the pages to see if this was already there, but the clutch master cyl (banjo line connection, line on inboard side) and brake master cyl changed (reservoir mounting boss spacing different) in '91.

nikomkiii

Jun 3, 2006
Boston, MA
i read in the beginning of this thread that in 1986.5 the supra was made as a Non-Turbo model only....well, i happen to have a 1986.5 supra that is indeed turbocharged from the factory with 80,000 original miles on it. interesting isnt it? i checked the production date and it checks out correct, so i guess there must be a few 86.5 turbo supras floating around. anyone else have one?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
nikomkiii said:
i read in the beginning of this thread that in 1986.5 the supra was made as a Non-Turbo model only....well, i happen to have a 1986.5 supra that is indeed turbocharged from the factory with 80,000 original miles on it. interesting isnt it? i checked the production date and it checks out correct, so i guess there must be a few 86.5 turbo supras floating around. anyone else have one?

not possible.

if you're basing it on production date, then you have an '87.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
If you have an 86.5, you have an N/A. If you have a factory turbo car made in 1986, it's a 1987 model. All years listed in the first post are model years, not manufacturing years.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Dirgle;163294 said:
That’s not an opinion Jeff, it's a fact. ABS never became standard on N/A(base models) It only became standard on Turbo models in 91. So I'm sure somewhere there is a 92 N/A model Supra that came without ABS.

I just bought a 92 NA and it does not have ABS. So, yes, this is now confirmed.

Last edited:

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Hey Jeff, just a little bit of info on one of the earliest MKIII's. In 89 I bought an 86.5. N/A hardtop black w/grey leather 5-speed. It had ABS and the sport package w/TEMS and headlight washers. It also had the factory alarm system in it.

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
no contrtadiction just posting about the factory alarm. Towards the bottom of your post you mentioned that you weren't sure about the factory alarm being an option is 86.5.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Jeff Lange;323 said:
Let me know if there are any other changes that I've missed. Hopefully this can get moved to the FAQ forum as well.

well you can add in 91 to 92 supra's had soild front sway bar instead of hallow and diffent spring rates ( may wana cheak on spring rate thou but sure they changed it )

and diffent clutch res and line

and in 92 they changed the 02 plug to a sqaure in stead of round

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
toyo4life;918176 said:
no contrtadiction just posting about the factory alarm. Towards the bottom of your post you mentioned that you weren't sure about the factory alarm being an option is 86.5.

Yes, I need to know if there are cars out there that don't have the system, I've seen quite a few that do. (Must be a USA car as well, as the USA is the only market to ever get the anti-theft system).

I'll get more information on the sway bars when I get a chance, I know they changed along with the springs and end links. I'll also be posting up some more information regarding the master cylinders as well.

Jeff

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I want to know more about this lighted driver's keyhole! '88T, and I don't remember seeing any wires back there to the key area...

I DO have the lighted ignition keyhole, though.

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
My 91 has silver trim and my car is pearl white. So... its not the same color as the car.

p949890_1.jpg

It came this way from the dealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.