Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Most cars I've seen have the coin holder, but some older ones just had a flate plate in there.

ABS and TEMS were never a part of the same package. TEMS was a part of the "Sport Package," ABS was an independant option.

CassMori

Boost Addict
Jeff, I just noticed something on a couple of very nice, very low milage '91 model Supras (one Canadian, one US), that I couldn't find in the FAQ (I may have overlooked it, too, though ;) ). When was the "Toyota" emblem removed from the driver's side grill? I've been looking for it since I noticed it, haven't found a '91 that has it yet.

I have found it on '90 models -- I'm guessing it's related to when they changed the emblem on the front?

Last edited:

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
May have been added part way through 87, I'll check, but I remember a few people all said they didn't have it.

EDIT: What do you know, checked the EPC, it was 87 that got it, not 88. I'll update my post. :)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
CassMori said:
Jeff, I just noticed something on a couple of very nice, very low milage '91 model Supras (one Canadian, one US), that I couldn't find in the FAQ (I may have overlooked it, too, though ;) ). When was the "Toyota" emblem removed from the driver's side grill? I've been looking for it since I noticed it, haven't found a '91 that has it yet.

I have found it on '90 models -- I'm guessing it's related to when they changed the emblem on the front?

Wow! I can't believe I never noticed that!!!

It was 91 that they got rid of it...

suprarossa

Old Fart MGMS Afflicted
Jeff,

Is there a source for manufacturing info - other than the total production numbers I've already seen? I found Mk IV numbers on i-Supra that were broken down to how many autos, targas, etc. for each year. Anything like that on the Mk III? Thanks

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I haven't seen any of that info for the MK3 :(. Also, font colouring is generally a bad idea on forums, as there are different styles to view the forum and it doesn't always show up properly in all of them. It's more to highlight certain words, and it's probably best to not use it for entire posts. :)

Just a suggestion.

Supra_Z

7M dreamin
Feb 15, 2006
San Jose CA
Jeff Lange said:
I've taken the time to rewrite the FAQ about year changes and specs for the MKIII, since there is more info on years than is included in that FAQ.

Anyways here's what I put together:

Years of production: 1986.5 - 1992 (86 Model Supra was MA67 (MKII))
Chassis Code: MA70
Versions: Turbo (87+) and Non-Turbo

Isnt the chassis code JZA70? because i've been seeing that on all kinds of sites and now your telling me its MA70? man im confused can someone set this straight please?

CassMori

Boost Addict
Supra_Z said:
so if i buy a MA70 and then throw a 1JZ in there does it turn into a JZA70? and what if i throw a 2jz in there afterwards then what is it? and will parts from a MA70 work with the JZA70? like a hoods or body kits?

umm...no. The chassis code is stamped into the firewall, and coded into the VIN. It is Toyota's code denoting what engine the car shipped with from the factory. To my knowledge, the majority of JZA70 body parts, and a lot of the mechanical stuff, will work on the MA70 (except for those specific to RHD) - I have a couple on my car. If you had a RHD MA70, all the parts should work w/ no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.