• Total voters

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
What is your work status?

I was a Quality Engineer at an automotive supplier here in MI and was laid off in December. I haven't found anything since and have been looking out of state.

Curious how everyone is doing.

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I do remodeling, paintin and basically any and all types of construction work. Luckily for me, I've been staying busy enough to keep the power on and still afford to go to the Texas supra meet. I've been blessed with work when others I know can't find any.
I wish all of you the best in keeping the job you have or finding another one. Good luck and try to remain positive while our world goes to hell in a handbasket. I don't think this can last forever.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
i work at walmart in the tire lube we are hiring if anyone is in alamogordo new mexico and interested feel free to apply lol.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Nothing down there either huh?
I recently graduated too, with a bachelors in Automotive Engineering.
That is probably the biggest mistake of my life, I should have went to college for anything medical.
Everything has turned to shit in MI, and its only going to get worse.

suprafanatic90t;1269889 said:
I graduated this past December with an Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering Degree and cannot find a job in my major. Working at advance auto back home and livig with the in-laws.

WetBoostedDreams

Supra Fanatic
Apr 4, 2007
Redmond, WA
Piratetip;1269855 said:
Curious how everyone is dong.

Really? Nobody else noticed that? :biglaugh:

I was lucky enough to find a job at a pretty busy repair shop about 5 weeks ago. I still glance at the want ads occasionally and there's very little work available.

cmdeoro

VRROOOMMM!!!!!!.....PSSH!
Jan 21, 2009
Miami
I am an automotive instructor at ATI. I must say the school is actually doing pretty well. With the way the economy is, it seems that people wanna come to school. I'm doing alright though.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Unemployed, but constantly looking. Been looking since about the 20th of January......

Company closed my store, and couldn't even afford to transfer any of us to other locations.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Employed,get 40 hrs/week,no more,no less.Had to go outside the trade I've been in for 12 years,build boats there.The pay is good,and always wanting to learn new skills.
Work part time at the paint shop I've been at for 10 years on and off,but only get ~15 hrs/wk there,they are very slow,the custom trucks and cars are virtually non-existent now,do 1 renegade(bad-ass car hauler rv's)per week there.