• I'm a bum and a drain on our economy

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
greg88;1270193 said:
You guys who are unemployed should give pizza delivery a shot. I work with a few older guys who deliver pizza as a supplement to security / guard duty jobs.

I like my blood and grey matter in my body, so I'll pass. It is seriously that dangerous here. We have had several killed for the 20-60 dollars they had on them.

Setheroo;1270332 said:
Was working for Toyota - was even offered a job up in Monroe, MI - but had to decline because college classes started the same day they offered me the job.

Just a full time student looking for work in the TN area! &&& can't find shit!

It seems that the few that are hiring don't want to work aroud a full time student's schedule. I'm in the same boat, but I have all my bills paied up till mid summer. Hopefully the job market will recover before then.

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
Full time student 15+units each semester and I plan to transfer out to Pasadena Art Center in the next few semesters. I need a Job ... anyone in the socal area hiring?? :icon_bigg

Selz202

More than Regular Member
May 1, 2005
Black Diamond Wa
Management in a superstore... Working non-stop, but im making good money so I can't complain. I guess im one of the very few thats able to take advantage of this market.

We were fortunate that instead of laying people off we cut hours everywhere we could. Sucks because now a lot of employees barely get by and beg me for more hours, but at least I didn't have to see anyone lose their job with no fault.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
gtsfirefighter;1270273 said:
Employed and thank the Lord for it everyday. People always need firefighters and paramedics.

Werd. Luckily my schedule allows me to have a second job, so I'm currently looking for another second job as my old, seasonal one (golf course maintenance) isn't going to hire me back this spring.

SupraCorwin

Shadow
Oct 14, 2008
Washington
I'm a telephone operator for one of the last family owned phone company in the U.S.A.

So basically I go to work and browse Supramania all night long. :sarcasm:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I'm lucky, I have a job at Mattel making 15 an hour doing record management for our project...

they're cutting our budget so no more OT for us and we work half days on friday so it's a bitch...

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
unemployed, full time student in cleveland, oh. looking for a summer job.. lolz

my dad just got laid off down in kentucky. my parents may lose their house. we literally built that house. and the garage..

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Current summary.
Total --------- 145

Unemployed --- 40 --- 27.6%
Employed ------ 92 --- 63.4%
Self-Employed - 11 --- 7.6%
Worthless ------ 2 ---- 1.4%

To those with jobs - Don't assume your worth, actively improve it.
To the unfortunate - Keep your heads above water, you aren't alone.

Unemployment by county. Michigan looks like a burned mitten, I need to get out of here.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/03/03/us/20090303_LEONHARDT.html?hp

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
According to the various news channels auto shops are thriving because people are keeping their cars longer. And locally some of the shops are so overbooked that they are referring customers to other shops for work. Personally I've saw a decline in business at the place I work at during the beginning of the year but it's started to pick up now.

supramang

Jun 14, 2008
Farmington
Hey im a senior in high school and I have been trying to think of what would be the best thing to do for college next year that won't leave me dead in the water when I graduate college. I have thought medical stuff but I was interested in an engineering program of some sort. I like sciences and i'm not too bad at math. Any ideas?

staehlin180

Mar 5, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I was doing drafting/design work for a construction company, but due to the economy, most of the projects we were working on were put on hold. Im trying to major in construction management which will be great once everything picks up again, until then Im keeping busy in between classes doing freelance CAD work and residential construction stuff (drywall, landscaping, painting etc)