Sign in for Alabama Supra's rollcall

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
It's recommended that if you get a JDM motor that you plan on at least putting a head gasket on it before installing it in the car. I have heard that if you want to run without an EGR, that you need to have the JDM ECU, so you shouldn't have a problem using the JDM one

T3rril79

Dec 10, 2010
Huntsville Alabama
ForcedTorque;1821490 said:
It's recommended that if you get a JDM motor that you plan on at least putting a head gasket on it before installing it in the car. I have heard that if you want to run without an EGR, that you need to have the JDM ECU, so you shouldn't have a problem using the JDM one

I have heard the same thing. Do you know if the jdm 7m had any governors or limiters like the jdm 2j had?

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
ForcedTorque;1821490 said:

Ive been running jdm block off plates on my n/a usdm motor for over two years. with no problems. also i dont have any cats. im not sure but it feels like the back of the head gets a little hotter. bc of the erg cooler?

IRONMAN

Sep 7, 2012
Mobile
Name: Greg Palmore
Year of Car: 1988
Contact Info: 2516105117 or g.palmorejr@yahoo.com
City: Mobile, Alabama
Hobbies: Wait a second I'm working on it.
Uprgrades: 7mGTE bored .040
Upgraded stock turbo
FMIC with 2.5 inch piping
3 inch exhaust
AFPR
Lexus AFM

The biggest part of this car is not the uprgrades but that is has been basically completely redone.

303620_3687489866172_1336133631_n.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I have a buddy of mine that lives about a mile from me. He has a off white 89-91 with a stock 1jz in it. It's always immaculate. His name is Dylan and he's a cool dude if you ever see him out and about.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That would be him. His wheels do look like ccw's, but they aren't. If you ever see him out and about, stop him and talk to him. He's a cool guy. He works at our Sumiton Sonic.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
Well my supra is finally getting out of paint in about a week!! I will be sure to post of a thread of all the progress that has been made on it since I bought it. I was wondering though, would anyone from Bama be interested in a meet at some point? Let me know what you guys think.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
Im going to probably upgrade my turbo sometime before summer. A spring meet will be awesome. Let's see if more guys would be interested.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'd love to have a local meet. I'm sure I'll be in my sc300, but I'd still like to meet up. I plan on putting my supra's motor into this sc.

arashi

Aug 17, 2011
AL
Name: Joe Kerr
Year of car: 1988
Contact info: 256-962-3459, juggalojoker01@gmail.com, http://www.facebook.com/joe.kerr.5
City you live in: Cullman
Hobbies: Cars, Gaming, Paintball, Computers...
Upgrades to your car: large FMIC, 3" IC piping, mandrel bent turbo elbow back exhaust, cat delete, tokico blues on eibach springs, nissan 17" wheels, sony radio, almost forgot 89+ tails, and a new antenna.

i want to upgrade the turbo, do the lexus/550 upgrade, better FPR, FFIM, put bigger and wider wheels on the car, stiffer anti sway bars (ST possibly), BBK (big break kit), MAYBE a short throw shifter idk though cause im pretty use to the stock now.

Untitled.png

also, i've been around the site for a while here and there, but came across this so had to post in it. Oh and im down for a meet in spring time. I live in Cullman, but drive to birmingham, decatur and huntsville areas sometimes.

Last edited:

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
suprahero;1911631 said:
I'd love to have a local meet. I'm sure I'll be in my sc300, but I'd still like to meet up. I plan on putting my supra's motor into this sc.

Very nice, I just got my car out of paint and my brother's just went in. So we'll be ready in the spring. We need to come up with ideas for where would be a good place to meet.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
Can some of you guys start throwing out ideas for where you would like to have a meet. I think once we have the top three favorable locations we can put them up in a poll and let democracy ultimately decide a location. After we nail a location we can work on a time and a date. Alright boys I'm all ears!!