Sign in for Alabama Supra's rollcall

PV_2jz

Jul 7, 2011
Mississippi / Alabama
Name: Kevin Peavey
Year of car:1988 na mkiii 5 speed W58, 1989 turbo mkiii 5 speed r154
Contact info: one_and_only_pv@yahoo.com
City you live in: I live in Columbus MS right now, But I am from West Blocton AL, between T-town and B-ham and go there almost every weekend
Hobbies: Working on my 2 babies, Trying to decide if I should 2j swap... I think about it alot, Working out, playing with my bad ass border collie
Upgrades to your car: 88 has shaved body lines... everything. Working on a rebuild. Spun a bearing. Custom port headers. Custom painted Valve covers. after market exhaust tip
89 I just picked up for 900 cash, 3" titanium exhaust, Mkiv wheels, Aem SAFC, manual boost controller, someone frankensteined alot of the motor so I am going to rebuild the 7mgte or swap to 2jz (I got most of the funds), girlfriend talked me into it, Soooo neither of them are running... yet. If any one has any tips for which one I should do or any words of wisdom, feel free to share

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
well update on mine....havent had time to go to the shop where my supra is as jeff calls it. buddy needed room at his shop where my stuff was at so ive got all my stuff but the car at the house now. Maybe since i will have everything at the house i can motivate myself to work on the car a little more. Jeff i will be calling you once i get this other stuff straightened out i told you about so you can come help me finish this car. The list for this car is getting bigger and bigger lol

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
PV_2jz;1733208 said:
Name: Kevin Peavey
Year of car:1988 na mkiii 5 speed W58, 1989 turbo mkiii 5 speed r154
Contact info: one_and_only_pv@yahoo.com
City you live in: I live in Columbus MS right now, But I am from West Blocton AL, between T-town and B-ham and go there almost every weekend
Hobbies: Working on my 2 babies, Trying to decide if I should 2j swap... I think about it alot, Working out, playing with my bad ass border collie
Upgrades to your car: 88 has shaved body lines... everything. Working on a rebuild. Spun a bearing. Custom port headers. Custom painted Valve covers. after market exhaust tip
89 I just picked up for 900 cash, 3" titanium exhaust, Mkiv wheels, Aem SAFC, manual boost controller, someone frankensteined alot of the motor so I am going to rebuild the 7mgte or swap to 2jz (I got most of the funds), girlfriend talked me into it, Soooo neither of them are running... yet. If any one has any tips for which one I should do or any words of wisdom, feel free to share

Welcome!

If built right, the 7M can push into 4 digit HP, though not many have done it. But, not many people need 1000HP either. You could blow your wad on the 2JZ, or spend it on the 7M and be ahead of the game. So, if all you have is the funds for the 2JZ, you'll have nothing left for upgrades. I have ridden in a stock 2JZ MKIII, and in my opinion, it is not worth it, unless you can upgrade as well. If I wanted monster HP, I'd go 2JZ.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
PV_2jz;1733208 said:
...(I got most of the funds), girlfriend talked me into it, Soooo neither of them are running... yet. If any one has any tips for which one I should do or any words of wisdom, feel free to share

I feel like this is a trick question. ;)

When I was 7M, I never felt like I would want to built it again, yet going JZ felt like sin. On my second of two JZ blocks, I sold my built JZ motor because there was no need, as stock JZ's hold the power fantastically. One could have thrown more money at it, I suppose. Ask yourself which one you would be happier with overall.

PV_2jz

Jul 7, 2011
Mississippi / Alabama
ForcedTorque;1733345 said:
Welcome!

If built right, the 7M can push into 4 digit HP, though not many have done it. But, not many people need 1000HP either. You could blow your wad on the 2JZ, or spend it on the 7M and be ahead of the game. So, if all you have is the funds for the 2JZ, you'll have nothing left for upgrades. I have ridden in a stock 2JZ MKIII, and in my opinion, it is not worth it, unless you can upgrade as well. If I wanted monster HP, I'd go 2JZ.

Well here is the deal with the 89 turbo I picked up... It looks like the guy who had it before me hacked away at different parts of the wiring harness, no turbo, no maf sensor, no turbo elbow, an AEM safc and boost controller that I dont know how they hooked it up, Compression on the engine was about 110 psi across the board ( do you think these numbers come from it not running and setting for awhile?), and the body looks like someone popped some holes in some black and blue paint cans and threw them at the car. Besides that the interior is tip top. I figured if I was going to be spending a good bit to get it running and looking right why not go big. I dunno though I keep talking myself in and out of it. Thanks for the welcoming

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
Wildfire007;1734244 said:
I'm a 7M loyalist myself. If built correctly it is a reliable and powerful engine.

7m fails even if its built correctly , ive seen one do that personally..everything was done to specs and it didnt last long, ask racerxj220. The 2jz to me is just a more reliable motor than the 7m even the 2jzge . Racerxj220 made over 600rwhp on a non turbo block. i know the 7m can handle a good bit but in end the 2jz is superior to the 7m.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Name: Gavyn
Year of car: 1987 Supra N/A 5 speed, 72k original miles
Contact info: PM
City you live in: Madison, AL
Hobbies: Soccer, Supras, School, and being with my friends
Upgrades to your car: I replaced the stereo with one out of a 2002 Sequoia, replaced the speakers with Blaupunkts, and had the windows tinted to the legal limit.

On Sunday, I saw three white Mk3's in the Huntsville/Madison Area, and was wondering if any of their owners are on the forum. It is always nice to see other MK3's on the road.

p1748814_1.jpg

p1748814_2.jpg

p1748814_3.jpg

p1748814_4.jpg

p1748814_5.jpg

tat2nitez

Silver MK3;1748814 said:
Name: Gavyn
On Sunday, I saw three white Mk3's in the Huntsville/Madison Area, and was wondering if any of their owners are on the forum. It is always nice to see other MK3's on the road.

I work at the Home Depot off 72 in Madison. Should be seeing more of it floating around out that way ;).

tat2nitez

Silver MK3;1748814 said:

I work at the Home Depot off 72 in Madison. Should be seeing more of mine floating around out that way ;).

tat2nitez

I know a few guys around town that own Supras. One of them told me to get on here. Not sure if everyone still meeting at the Staples parking lot on Saturday nights or what. I haven't been in the loop for a few months. Been working and trying to get all my affairs in order.