Sign in for Alabama Supra's rollcall

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Anybody want to sell some stock 1J cams? I got a friend with a broken exhaust one. He doesn't like posting on SF/SM.

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
well update on the car. i sold it to a friend of mine and i have been working on it to get it back together. We had a few stumbles getting everything in the car and getting it running. One issue as Jeff stated was the exhaust cam being broken which was fixed earlier this week. Next was getting a oil feed which i got him to just order a sandwich plate and got that fixed really not that big. Then to me it didnt seem like much oil was going to the top of motor so we took the pan off and beat it out somemore ::eek:riginal owner hit a big dip and crushed it::. So last night we get the oil pan back on, put the sandwich plate in place and turn it over with no plugs etc to get some oil into the feed line and what not. Got that done and now came the big moment, will it start. Turn the pump and stuff on and after about 3 times of the motor turned over it started up and purred like a kitten. Glad its running now as i had a few skeptical people that didnt think me and my buddy could do it. Hopefully by sunday ill have the small vaccum leak found and the radiator and coolant lines all routed right and he is driving it.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
Nice! Well I know where a supra is being parted out now here in north Alabama but I am not completely sure of the condition of the motor.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
There was a point where I thought about that myself. The only problem that I have with it is the quality that the motor is in comes to question. I haven't heard of severe cases recently mostly just a sensor being broken every once in awhile. I dont think its a bad idea. Be sure to check if you can get the ecu with it though, from what I have read they US ecu was different from the jdm. Im not sure what kind of effect it would have if you didnt have it, but I would double check just in case.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
Ok yeah then I will definitely show up. Keep me posted on the day. It would be nice if we could get a couple of supra guys in Bama to cruise out there.