Should I sell my supra?

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
crimson88;1390507 said:
Ok, so yesterday my friend and i were talking and hes said he wanted to buy my supra. i thought he was kidding and said 7500 and he said ok. im 17, and the supras my first car. i saved up for it myself, put intake and exhaust on it, and love it. its an 88 turbo hardtop, five speed, 181000 miles, Apexi intake, Tanabe cat-back, TEMS, super monitor and will have a BIC ddp next week. its never been wrecked, and is in pretty good condition. i dont want to sell it, but i doubt i will ever get someone willing to pay that much again. :1zhelp: should i sell it and buy another and have money left over? or keep my first true love? lol.

sell it and i buy another supra or even to or even a daily driver and your weekend supra........

shiftysupra

Nov 4, 2008
Tucson, AZ
if you sell it and then get a better one with the money and still have some cash left over your friendship will most likely be damaged. i wouldnt sell my shit (overpriced) to my friend. but thats really your choice in the end

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
a 90 with a swapped 7m and a few other things (idr exactly so i wont bullshit) just went for 10k in my town so he thinks hes getting a deal. i guess if he gets the cash ill let it go. :wtc:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Have a gander at our Supras for Sale section and see what you can buy. There are quite a few MKIII's with really good mods on them going for a good price. And you'd still have roughly $3000 left over.

Hey, he needs to do his homework before buying anything. Let him buy it. :evildeal:

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
Suprapowaz!(2);1390864 said:
Have a gander at our Supras for Sale section and see what you can buy. There are quite a few MKIII's with really good mods on them going for a good price. And you'd still have roughly $3000 left over.

Hey, he needs to do his homework before buying anything. Let him buy it. :evildeal:

haha, ive been browsing the supra for sale section for a bit. lol. i think if i bought another supe id take the exhaust off this one, keep the ddp, and buy an 88 targa 5 speed with a 7mgte bored .30 over and port and polished heads. a local mechanic wants 2k for it. then start building it and get a 240 for a dd or something.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
You'd be crazy not to sell it.

worthless_thread_without_pics.gif

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
p1390902_1.jpg

old pic of when it was dirty. ill try to get more soon. my cam is broken.

Zerocool;1390897 said:
Sell it and buy something reliable

but that would take away the exitement and nervous feeling i get rite before i turn the key every morning. And wheres the fun in that? :p

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
Mr.PFloyd;1390958 said:
LOL. I think everyone else thinks you're wrong.

That's too bad for them, if they'd sell their Supra that easily. What's the point of putting so much time, effort, and money into something, only to sell it to someone who might destroy it?

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
rayall01;1391084 said:
That's too bad for them, if they'd sell their Supra that easily. What's the point of putting so much time, effort, and money into something, only to sell it to someone who might destroy it?

Thing is ray, he hasnt put so much time and effort into it...yet. He could buy another supra, maybe even one in better shape, buy a new intake & exhaust, spend the 2 hours it takes to put them on, and be right back to square one, except with 3-4k extra in his pocket! I'd agree with you if he had dumped thousands of dollars and hours into it, but he hasnt. Having a car like this is like being with a girl. at first the relationship is fueled by lust. then over time lust is replaced by love, or you break up. In his case, hes still in the lust stage, theres plenty other fish in the sea (craigslist), and the incentives of breaking up are high ($7500)!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Owned mine for 12 years and have put more blood sweat tears and $$$ into it than 99% of Mk3 owners and would sell it in a heartbeat if someone offered what I considered to be a reasonable price for it.

It's just a car anyone that thinks otherwise is deluded, 1 serious accident and it's gone and you end up recovering pennies on the dollar.

I speak from experience.

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
crimson88;1390807 said:
hes 17 too. he wrecked his brand new tiburon last year trying to drift while he was drunk. his mom is buying him another car because hes moving to florida in a few months. i know its a good deal, and just a car, but idc how much $ it is, id be heartbroken if i sold it then a month later he fucked it up. :(

You couldn't drift a FF car while sober, lol. Only powerslide, and to the unexperienced eyes you could try and call it a drift.

On another note, I wouldn't buy a DD like a 240 either. Personally when I pick a DD car, I try to pick a vehicle that I would have no interest in putting money into. Thats how I keep my DD's seperate from my play toys. :)

IE: I own an old Dodge Dakota (1991) and keep it running by just doing all the general maintenance on it. Body is full of rust but the old gal has never left me stranded, and I can also haul all my tuning goodies for my supras if ever needed, without having to ask friends. :)

Also. If supras are going for that much in your area, I want to trialer two of mine there and sell em, and finish my projects on the two shells I have, :GRIN:

But yes, deffinantly sell it. No doubts, no second guesses. :)

Zer0