Should I sell my supra?

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
Ok, so yesterday my friend and i were talking and hes said he wanted to buy my supra. i thought he was kidding and said 7500 and he said ok. im 17, and the supras my first car. i saved up for it myself, put intake and exhaust on it, and love it. its an 88 turbo hardtop, five speed, 181000 miles, Apexi intake, Tanabe cat-back, TEMS, super monitor and will have a BIC ddp next week. its never been wrecked, and is in pretty good condition. i dont want to sell it, but i doubt i will ever get someone willing to pay that much again. :1zhelp: should i sell it and buy another and have money left over? or keep my first true love? lol.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Sell it. No questions asked. 7500 for a 20 year old toyota with 180xxx miles on it? I would not pass that up.

Its just a car, a big, heavy peice of metal.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Yeah... Sell it... that's damn good money for what you describe.

The bad part is selling to friends though... can get nasty if things go south.

redmk3turbo

The King
Feb 7, 2009
Plainwell, MI
Thats a hard decision to make but thats great money for an 88, i wish i could get that for mine, but like the other guy said deals between freinds can go bad. I myself i couldnt sell my supra for any price to much time, blood and sweat into it lol. But 7500 is alot

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Sell it! Then buy an 89+ with the same or similar mods, and you have just upgraded the value of your car. Then put the extra $2-3K in your savings for the first motor problems. Most Supras mysteriously develope such problems right after the sale. Those problems and selling to a friend would be the drawbacks of this.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
gtsfirefighter;1390590 said:
You're 17? How old is he? I bet he doesn't have the money. If he does, and his parents will let him, sell the car. I don't see this happening though.

x2

Until you see the $$$ it's bullshit...

If he show's with the cash don't hesitate for a second sell it.

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
gtsfirefighter;1390590 said:
You're 17? How old is he? I bet he doesn't have the money. If he does, and his parents will let him, sell the car. I don't see this happening though.

hes 17 too. he wrecked his brand new tiburon last year trying to drift while he was drunk. his mom is buying him another car because hes moving to florida in a few months. i know its a good deal, and just a car, but idc how much $ it is, id be heartbroken if i sold it then a month later he fucked it up. :(

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
crimson88;1390807 said:
hes 17 too. he wrecked his brand new tiburon last year trying to drift while he was drunk. his mom is buying him another car because hes moving to florida in a few months. i know its a good deal, and just a car, but idc how much $ it is, id be heartbroken if i sold it then a month later he fucked it up. :(

I guess it's an age thing but soon as the $ changes hands it's his car who cares what happens to it.... :nono:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
He's 17? Chances are he doesn't have the money... mommy or daddy does. They will not let him buy a 21 year old car with over 180k miles on it. He's not even old enough to have a car in his own name. So the insurance is not in his name either. So whatever money he got for his wrecked shark is his parents money. Good luck trying to convince his parents to buy your car. I'm sure they don't want him in another sports car that he can total. I bet they're going to buy him a 4dr Corolla. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you have to realize that his insurance rate is sky high now. Putting him in another high risk car is going to be crazy expensive now.

But if they are serious about buying your car... Hell yeah sell it! You'll be a fool not too.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
These guys are probably right, this kid wont come up with the money. If he does dont hesitate to sell it. Even if he does total it, you wont care, you will be too distracted by the back problems you got from sitting on a wallet 6 inches thick.