Shelby Supra

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Ryan23;7333679 said:
:lol: Those wacky Japanese... So the wife and I are strolling through the Tokyo Auto Salon today and we stumble across this "gem". At first I do a double take... "That's a little long to be an Eleanor clone... :cool: wait a minute... something about the lines look a little familiar." Holy sh!t! Really?! :lol:

So as a SF agent in Japan, I bring news that that people are still modding MKIV's!! :D

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

If it's any consolation, I think it started life as an N/A. I'll try to scan the flyer for it :)

You know you love it! :hail:

:lol:

Ryan

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Ryan23;7333685 said:
Here's the flyer:

flyer.jpg

It's pointless to try and understand how or why the Japanese are motivated to do this sort of thing.

"It is what it is."

But hey, they did put a lot of time and effort into it. It does look a helluva lot more professional than the "Lamarossa" MKIII :D

Ryan

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
wow thats pretty cool, its a lot better than seeing every other MK4 with the same front lip, spoiler, and wheel combo.

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
Gross IMO. I can appreciate the work... kind of. But seriously, that thing has shaper lines than the original Shelby and that's not a good thing, especially with a Supra roof. I think that it could be done quite a bit better. (Another) BUT they do seem to like super sharp lines over there so I bet they all think "ZOMG THAT'S HOT!"

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I would rather put all of that cosmetic mod money into the engine, be it a GE or GTE. The MkIV may not be my favorite looking car [I think certain colors look better, too], but it looks good enough to me that if I HAD a MkIV I wouldn't want to do -that- to it. It seems like an utter waste of what was a perfectly good car.

I'm pretty sure it was NA - I think you can see the intake going over the engine in one pic.
Even so, hello? Japanese junkyard = cheap GTE.

I appreciate the work, I appreciate the Shelby GTs, and I appreciate the Supra, but this doesn't strike me quite right.