Risky Devil JZA70 - drift

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
Here is my build thread...

Basically I bought this car 3 years ago and have since been sliding it and modding it to slide.

Specs:
1JZ
TIP Coilovers w/ Koni take aparts
KAAZ 2-way
TIP steering spacers
6-pt cage
Front: Enkei RPF1 17x9 -3 (+22 w/ 25 mm spacer)
Rear: Enkei RPF1 17x10 +3 (+18 with 15 mm spacer)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Frame rails are literally an inch of the ground...thus I can't run exhaust out the back, so for now it exits just in front of the diff

I need to mod the inside of the fender well, i'm rubbing on the top of the fender under compression.

Battleversion arms are on the way

We went out sliding Saturday...hopefully some video soon

Thanks to:
Maxxis and City Tire Online
Drift Motion
Risky Devil

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Not my style either. I've never been a fan of that much negative camber. I'm sure it helps in drifting, but you get little contact on the pavement. I'm interested in seeing it in action though.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If he gets the arms he'll be able to get rid of some of the camber, but he'll start rubbing...

Most kits will require you to raise it a bit I think as you don't even really have room for a lip!

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
I see cars like this all the time... but does it REALLY make your car drift "better" or "easier" running that much camber?

im suprised you still have a mudflap on the driver side... hahaha

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
that much camber is only run by "drifters" for looks, and to help fit the wheels/tires. It isn't advantageous for drifting...it does make spinning the wheels easier because of less contact patch...but you have less overall grip which sucks when your doing higher speed stuff.

i'm running that much because i slammed the car and didn't get it aligned yet as I'm waiting on the BV arms. That picture has 15mm spacers on the back...most likely going to swap them out for some 5 mm slip on's and run around 1* camber. The front is going to stay pretty much the same...

I'm planning on getting the greddy front bumper. If there is physically not enough room than yea I'll raise it...but i'd like about .5" to 1" of clearance for the body and ground.

89TBen

Sep 11, 2006
Mizzou
makes me wanna drop mine some more. i wanna tuck tire lol. too bad i got speed bumps. they're ftl:icon_frow