Risky Devil JZA70 - drift

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Its great to see a mk3 out there reppin the drift scene. Im lovin the stance of your ride. Cant wait to see this beast after body and engine rebuild :D

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
tbcmorris;1316311 said:
proof that mkIII's dont suck at drifting

Agreed. and is deff much more original than a 240, ae86, or a 7. I bet the steering spacers help out alot with the steering angle. Plus high rev power from the 1J would be iceing on the cake.

In_Supra

Mar 8, 2008
Moscow
ChrisC;1316330 said:
I bet the steering spacers help out alot with the steering angle.
Steering spacers give too small extra angle. I have GP Sports Angle kit and removed steering stops, but the angle still sucks :(.
For good extra angle need to modify knuckles.

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
Well I have gotten word that the body is all fixed (no dents, front end lines up, etc) and prepped for paint. They are just waiting on the kit to come in. Pick-up date is still June 15th :icon_bigg

As far as the wing goes, I think we decided on this; making risers for it about 1.5" and also giving the wing a slightly more aggressive angle of attack. The 3rd brake light is also coming out and be replaced with an LED bar.

We are on a VERY tight schedule as we have HIN drift demo beginning of July and than Allstar bash end of July. And in between when i get my car back and the HIN demo I need to swap in the new 1j. fuck me

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
tErbo b00st;1331799 said:
Well I have gotten word that the body is all fixed (no dents, front end lines up, etc) and prepped for paint. They are just waiting on the kit to come in. Pick-up date is still June 15th :icon_bigg

As far as the wing goes, I think we decided on this; making risers for it about 1.5" and also giving the wing a slightly more aggressive angle of attack. The 3rd brake light is also coming out and be replaced with an LED bar.

We are on a VERY tight schedule as we have HIN drift demo beginning of July and than Allstar bash end of July. And in between when i get my car back and the HIN demo I need to swap in the new 1j. fuck me

Its sure not going to look like a "well seasoned" drift car any more.
Cant wait to see the new look and vids of the MK3 sliding. Keep them coming!

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
Got the new aero complete

gas_station.JPG

than I crashed into my brother destroying the driver side corner. it was fun

than i went to ASB this past weekend in California. If you havn't seen it on speed hunters and other places here are some cool pics

3758465674_2b22408b98_o.jpg

p1376327_1.jpg

next to my brothers car
p1376327_2.jpg

p1376327_3.jpg

for the great majority of both days i had my front bumper and hood off to help cooling (rear bumper fell off part way through the first day and stayed off cause i was too lazy)

one14.jpg

57.jpg

devil4.jpg

83.jpg

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
tErbo b00st;1376327 said:
Got the new aero complete

gas_station.JPG

than I crashed into my brother destroying the driver side corner. it was fun

than i went to ASB this past weekend in California. If you havn't seen it on speed hunters and other places here are some cool pics

3758465674_2b22408b98_o.jpg

p1376343_1.jpg

next to my brothers car
p1376343_2.jpg

p1376343_3.jpg

for the great majority of both days i had my front bumper and hood off to help cooling (rear bumper fell off part way through the first day and stayed off cause i was too lazy)

one14.jpg

57.jpg

devil4.jpg

83.jpg

Dang man how did you get that fresh body kit so f**ked up so fast..
I know drifting beats the hell out of your car but dam that was fast..

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
quick update...since my front end got smashed thanks to my brother spinning out I am going back to stock front bumper with a lip. also have a new fender getting painted. Should be done this week.

for now OEM lip, but I'm looking to go with an aftermarket soon.

i also think I'm going to lower the thing another inch to where i had it earlier this season seeing as my problem wasn't ride height but my damping being set too soft.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I love your drifting pics. It is quite refreshing to see the mk3 look and acting like the rest of those doriftos.
Keep it up!
eric

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
I give you props driftiing the MK3. these things seem to be a handful when keeping it sideways compared to a positive steering 240 or 7.