REIGN's REBUILD! Its a beautiful thing... (THAT IS FOR SALE) =(

webbs7mgte

Jun 2, 2008
wisconsin
Don't worry reign we all here support u like one big happy family I know what u mean im supraless had tp part with mine on account of loosing both my parents to a drunk driving car accident and vandalism taking my car for the worst every window smashed pushed off jack stands damageing both subframes anf snapping a frame rail but were hoping to c some progress reign and we will back up this thread supra ftmfw good luck hope to hear good news soon

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Oh well good God, that puts it in perspective, now I feel like shit, my problems are nothing compared to loosing both parents... Holy shit! Sorry man! My condolences, heart felt...

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Aw, cuddles from Aussie Land Mister Reign_Maker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear things aren't going that great for you at the moment.

Our thoughts are with you :)

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Keep it up buddy, my build took over 3 years as well, and I haven't done a lot of the fancy stuff you've put together!! Not to mention I'm just a young student, so my responsibilities are close to zilch: Work, school, bills, and car, no family, house, or plenty of other issues that can get in the way

Just don't look at the car until you get your life sorted out, but DON'T GIVE UP!

It will all make perfect sense once you get to drive it :)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Just remember, its a car.

It can wait.

Like most of us on here even if you had it running last year you would probably have put it on jack stands to do even more shit to it. You've got nothing to prove man so dont sweat it.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Jake, you stepped up and let me know you cared when I was in a tough spot, and I havent forgotten that. I wish I had something profound to say or had something I could donate to the project that would help. Honestly, if I werent 3000 miles away maybe I could do more.

Im gonna step into an uncomfortable position and suggest that maybe the best thing for you to do IS to let the car go. By parting it out you should be able to recover enough money out of it to get a running one and have a little left over to play with. I dont know how hard that would be going from a high horsepower one to something closer to stock but 3 years later I would think anything MIGHT be better than nothing.

The thing about having a ton of money tied up in a car you cant use is that the money isnt working for you. You arent appreciating interest and you arent appreciating the car either. Kind of a lose lose situation.

Something to consider at least. In the meantime, hang in there and know that no matter how bad it seems, someone else somewhere has it worse. You have good friends and thats something.

Besides, there is still time left in hurricane season :naughty:

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
Facime;1125184 said:
The thing about having a ton of money tied up in a car you cant use is that the money isnt working for you, until you can drive it. You arent appreciating interest and you arent appreciating the car either until you hear that puppy fire up the first time. Kind of a lose lose situation, until you turn the key. :

I fixed a little.:)

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
Reign, please don't part it. your car needs you. and you know you couldn't just drive around a stock supra. i havent seen one of those since '98. And to make you feel better It's going on 5 years for me and I have no intention of selling/parting it because when it's complete, it will be the best car I will probably ever drive and I built it. So please, reconsider and keep it. WE are all here for you.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Jake *HUGS*

I'm sure everything will work out for you, just need more time. Hope things get better soon.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Jake,

It was almost 2 years for me, and this weekend I finally realized just how much I have done for this car, and it is finally showing me that it WAS ALL worth it.

I will be over there soon to see if there is anything I can do to help. And you know, if I can't build it, I can surely tear it into little bitty pieces in less than a day.:evil2:

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
Jake, u and i have been through alot, and have talked a shitload.
p1126210_1.jpg

you see the supra? the one in the garage...the one on jackstands...wit no motor...has been sitting since last august....I'm broke, broker than broke...in debt up to my ears...and although i've sold a few aftermarket parts to stay above water...and although i promised myself and my fiance that i'd have the car running by now, the only person it upsets is my friends...and really, what difference does it make to them? It's my car...and although its not at all the drift events, i still make it a point to show up and represent. It brakes my heart every time a buddy of mine does something to their supra cus i cannot afford to do something to mine AND normally when they're doing something to their cars, its on my driveway (i.e pic...) but every other night, i go out to the garage, and sand something, or paint something, or do something little, and i know that one day, it will be done...although its late, although it sux looking at her, and all the pain she's in, I lean against the passenger door and stare at the driver's seat, and the steering wheel, and my obnoxiously long shifter with my light up autozone ass shiftknob, and i think of the amounts of fun i had in it before she blew up. And honestly, as many times as i've talked about selling it, and even to the point of taking pics of it to sell on here (this is y i have no pics of it to show u) Erin saw how sad i was, she deleted all of the pics, and we've been getting by. You'll get by. I know you. you know you. You cannot sell her. and you will not. If you attempt to post a fs thread, i will speak with a diff admin and have your post deleted for attempting to sell a stolen vehicle. :)
Gluck dude. And for your sake, I sincerely hope no hurricanes hit u.
1 love homie
~Ahmed

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
Jake Hit me up man I am just around the corner in Pcola. You come by and help me sort out some tech issue and I can help you with what ever you need. You have known me for longer than your car has been down and I have been talking about what I was going to do and such and here I am 3 1/2 years later and I am just now able to get my head above water and start a project that is now almost 5 years in the making. Just remember challenges are what makes life interesting but overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

P.S. I tell you what man You help me I help you and in the mean time once my car is street ready and solid you can borrow her all you want till yours is up and running that should help keep the supra blood flowing.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Everytime I come in this thread I think of more people who could possibly make it to a Ft.Walton meet/nobody goes home until Jake's car runs type meet. I doubt we could find a weekend everybody could make it, but off the top of my head, I can come up with at least 10-15 people within a couple of hours. There's probably more I can't think of, and some who would make a good sized meet from a little further.

LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!