redma70's full motor swap

slightly_red_MA70

Holy S*** I own a Racecar
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
upgradedsupra;1491018 said:
Not that long. I broke mine in less than 350 miles, then dynoed it, then to the track I went. :)

Duane

Seriously????

RogueSteel;1491027 said:
Make sure to post videos to bookmark your progress :)
I'm sure you'll want to capture your first boost experience!

Oh for sure! One of my roommates(Ex MK1 MR2 owner(thing was sick)) and I have decided to make an epic video when the car is done...

It will consist of this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmVQlIwKsh8

Doesn't sound that great now but just you wait lol

slightly_red_MA70

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
Been a few days since my last update so heres a little bit of work that I have done...
I put the pistons in and the ARP studs in :icon_bigg
picture.php

Finished getting the sound deadening out. I used a wire wheel to get the stuff that was stuck on good. Repainted everything red..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I have re-attached the wires to the body of the car and the interior is back in! I will get pictures later.

Heres a peek at something I started working on....
picture.php

picture.php

I might flush mount it or keep it like it is, I'm not sure yet. I still have to make a backing plate for it so it doesn't slide right through when I push the buttons.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
looking good man!

but i wouldve put the head first before the studs cause the washers wont fit. :)

i had that problem so i had to take them all off again! lol

slightly_red_MA70

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
arizzle;1493659 said:
looking good man!

but i wouldve put the head first before the studs cause the washers wont fit. :)

i had that problem so i had to take them all off again! lol

What do you mean the washers dont fit??

Maybe I will be taking them out today haha

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
redma70;1493835 said:
What do you mean the washers dont fit??

Maybe I will be taking them out today haha

when your at the like the final stage of putting the washers and nuts the washers wont be albe to go down cause the spacing on the head is very tight! i had the same problem .

1 put the head on first
2 put washer on
3 slide the studs down.
3 nut then you can torque it down :)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
1 chase bolt holes in deck

2 screw studs in finger tight

3 Dab of moly on each washer and each stud thread and stick the washers in the head

4 slide head on

5 dab of Moly in each nut

6 torque according to the pattern in the TRSM and ARP's specs

88guy

use to go 280KMH :(
Jun 13, 2009
Victoria BC Canada
IJ.;1493869 said:
1 chase bolt holes in deck

2 screw studs in finger tight

3 Dab of moly on each washer and each stud thread and stick the washers in the head

4 slide head on

5 dab of Moly in each nut

6 torque according to the pattern in the TRSM and ARP's specs

I think we all wish we had a portable IJ we could all take home lol.

slightly_red_MA70

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
I did some fiberglassing last night and got the turbo timer mount done. It's not the prettiest thing but you won't see the fiberglass when its installed anyways.
picture.php

picture.php

It is mounted on an angle like that so that it is easier for ME to see it when I am sitting in the drivers seat and it also clears the tilt levers on the steering column better like this.

slightly_red_MA70

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
Hey guys, sorry I havent got any updates lately.....No work has been done since the turbo timer mount :cry:

The Supra has been on hold while I look for a job, I have also been studying to take my GED test. Got that completed now I have to wait 2.5 weeks to find out if I passed or not. Once i figure that out I will be enrolling in an Automotive Mechanics course at UFV in Chilliwack.

But pretty much the build is on hold until I get a job so I have the funds to both work on the car and pay rent/bills. Might be doing little bits of work such as body work(antena delete and emblem delete) as i have the stuff for that already. So expect a few small updates here and there.

Brent...

Oh, and dont make fun of my crappy MS paint skills but has anybody ever run their intake piping like this??
picture.php

Red is for hot side, blue is for cold side
And if not, is there a reason why?

Last edited:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
instead of deleting the emblem, just buy a 91/92 emblem from Toyota (around $20), and fill in the background (what Toyota did)...

it fits in the stock location, comes with double sided tape, and looks snappy..!

slightly_red_MA70

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
RazoE;1499405 said:
instead of deleting the emblem, just buy a 91/92 emblem from Toyota (around $20), and fill in the background (what Toyota did)...

it fits in the stock location, comes with double sided tape, and looks snappy..!

Okay, I might do that actualy

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
yes thats my exact set up right now 2.5 piping.

what size intercooler you running?

i had that with my ct26/60 and spooled up pretty quick

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
redma70;1499442 said:
dont even have the intercooler yet hahahaha I think I'm ordering the 1jz intercooler from driftmotion with the 2.5" piping kit

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-ic-1jz.php

hahaha nice yeah that'll work just great. i just decided to make my own and weld it together with steel as im to poor to use aluminum hahahah!

make sure when you cut the pipes to bead or flange the end so u dont lose a pipe on hard boost :aigo:(its not fun:cry:)

slightly_red_MA70

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
arizzle;1499448 said:
hahaha nice yeah that'll work just great. i just decided to make my own and weld it together with steel as im to poor to use aluminum hahahah!

make sure when you cut the pipes to bead or flange the end so u dont lose a pipe on hard boost :aigo:(its not fun:cry:)

haha nice! I might even be able to get my uncle to make some piping with aluminum since he works at an aluminum welding place lol