Rear BBK anyone?

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I'm sure he had to do all of that but didn't mention it since it's been established you HAVE to do the spacers and machine the rotor ID.

Any updates on the front setup? I searched but wasn't able to find anything new about it.

Eman14j

O help me, Oprah Winfrey!
Nov 7, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
destrux;1829731 said:
I'm sure he had to do all of that but didn't mention it since it's been established you HAVE to do the spacers and machine the rotor ID.

Any updates on the front setup? I searched but wasn't able to find anything new about it.

I don't think the fronts are gonna happen if you want it as cheap as this set up is. There would be a lot more machine work involved and thats gonna cost $$$ and time for anyone trying to work that. I'd say pick up sethron's kit its a decent price and you can get it a matching red ;) Thats just what I did $1300 total for 13.5" fronts ($850) and 12.5" rears ($450) is pretty damn good.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
It's been done cheaper up front. Can't release the info. Maybe when the shop slows down and we have time to market it...

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I wasn't referring to the evo fronts. I was wondering about the other kit that they were developing (with milled custom adapted calipers that bolt on). Mostly curiosity, I'm not looking to buy a kit yet from anyone.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I wasn't referring to the evo fronts. I was wondering about the other kit that they were developing (with milled custom adapted calipers that bolt on). Mostly curiosity, I'm not looking to buy a kit yet from anyone.

To be honest I think I may have found something on my own here, but I won't post what it is till I know it will work for sure. It uses 4-pot calipers and 13.1" rotors that are easy to get and affordable (new or used), and it has performance pads available. As far as I can see from the diagrams and specs I found it won't need the calipers or knuckes modified, it will just need adapters. Possibly centering rings too, I still have to order the rotors when I get more car money but I know they are very close to not needing rings. I would have had this done already but my wife and kid were both just in the hospital at the same time and are both going in for surgery in the next few months and the bills from that don't leave much left for car stuff right now.

Last edited:

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I haven't found a set of front calipers that will bolt up, so pretty much every application is going to require custom brackets in the front. If you search places like rockauto, you can find big rotors that come stock on other cars, for a really low price. I'm working on my own 14" 4 pot front setup using stock parts from other cars, but again, custom brackets required. The thing is, noone wants to work for free, so if someone goes through the trouble of findin and buying parts, making prototypes, and making or having brackets made, they are going to cost money, which most MKIII owners aren't willing to spend alot of. Look at Sethrons group buy, he didn't even get 10 buyers for his kit, and it's one of the cheapest BBK setups on the market.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Dahn automotive made a 14" kit that is direct bolt on. It's on some cars but none are driving, mine being one of them. So we won't know how they drive till people get their cars running

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
really? well I guess I didn't look far enough. I found a few off the shelf calipers that were close to the MKIII mounting holes, but nothing that was exactly the same. I ended up with Brembos from another car.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Albert;1829823 said:
Dahn automotive made a 14" kit that is direct bolt on. It's on some cars but none are driving, mine being one of them. So we won't know how they drive till people get their cars running

I have there kit too here is some pics

cecf9d83-1196-1624.jpg

cecf9d83-11aa-4898.jpg

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
^^^ I would like to know what the pedal feel is like. I already have the wilwood 13inch kit for the front and fear that adding a bigger caliper at the rear again with the stock master cylinder will affect pedal feel.

Also, where are people buying the STi rotors from? ive looked online but there doesnt seem to be much available thats not ridiculously priced.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
Good to hear man, I'm not in Chi but maybe in 2 years I'll be there perm.! Ahh how much are the napa rotors? I wonder if they ship internationally? Also what pads are you using in there and lines also? I actually have an evo 5 as well as my supra so was going to use the brake lines off that as a template...

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
has anyone else done this upgrade? I now have the calipers, pads and rotors ready to go on. The only thing I need are some bolts and washers (easy) and brake lines. Id rather not get something custom made because they will be a rip off. I wonder if the supra rear brake lines will work? If so, I will get some braided lines for the rear of the supra...

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
by fittings you mean for the lines? 160 isnt too bad I guess. What sort of orinetation were they? Fairly similar to the stock arrangement? I know the brembo caliper uses a banjo bolt.