Rear BBK anyone?

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
1-2clutch-u;1792655 said:
Ok I just got my rears, So for brake proportioning valve What will be done. It was said early that let abs fig it out. F that when abs kicks in its too late id think. And I dont have abs anymore. What should I / we do?
what are you running on the front of your car?

depending on what kind of driving you are doing, you may just get away with a lesser pad in the rear that starts to go away when it gets hot. otherwise upgrade your fronts first and or fit a wilwood brake pressure proportioning valve.

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
stock till april. I will be hitting the track hard this year and will be at full mk3 weight slowing down from 110+ all the time. But the car must be driven on the street too.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
stevenr816;1792643 said:
No duh, doesn't matter anyway. my front is 13.7 x 1.2", with a 5lb brembo 4 piston caliper that will fit under mk4 tt 17's, with no pad hang off, or unused rotor. For probably the same price or just a hair more or less with no group buy to get it started. Sounds full of winning to me.

You know I'm in :).

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Yeah you do whatever you like. You're the designer and the fabricator and this is your show. But this does not sound like a lot of "win". A lot of win would be to just provide people with a bracket that works and let them source out their own calipers and rotors, like how this thread got started in the first place. I bought my rear brembos for $150 shipped with project mu pads and brembo original STI rotors for only $100shipped. Now that's what you would call "a lot of win". Anyways, best of luck and do as you wish.

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
joel903;1792747 said:
Yeah you do whatever you like. You're the designer and the fabricator and this is your show. But this does not sound like a lot of "win". A lot of win would be to just provide people with a bracket that works and let them source out their own calipers and rotors, like how this thread got started in the first place. I bought my rear brembos for $150 shipped with project mu pads and brembo original STI rotors for only $100shipped. Now that's what you would call "a lot of win". Anyways, best of luck and do as you wish.

yeah a bracket only option at least would be great.....

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Why the complaining? There are pretty much 2 kits for the fronts these days...the ARZ and Sethron packages. All of them require modification other than just brackets. I think that says something in that all the design work they have tried to do just a bracket design and it seems it cant be done with our setups. With the limited options over the 20+ years the car has been out you cant really complain with whats out. Have any of you seen pricing for other cars for BBK? They are extremely expensive costing several thousand. To have a BBK that is offered by people in the community at a fraction of the cost and having them machine on the calipers sounds like a decent compromise to me...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Joel, please read my blog, it is specifically about people like you. Scroll up next to my avatar and you will see below "Feedback," it will say "Blog," click and read.

As a vendor, I will support another vendor and explain what you lack in financial knowledge. Keep in mind, I am not only selling parts here, I have a shop as well. Let's get started.

Here are lines what you, Joel, said in the post above...

"You're the designer and the fabricator and this is your show"

-Yes he is.

"A lot of win would be to just provide people with a bracket that works and let them source out their own calipers and rotors"

-Why not just make your own brackets? You see, I deal with a lot of guys like you. It is not easy going around and spending your time to make a kit that will only make you a little bit of money but supports the community. Steven and Albert have other things in their life they have to do. This was something they choose to do to help out us Supra owners and make some money. Albert sells turbos here if you haven't noticed.

Why would they spend all that time and make a bracket only to sell it and say, here is my hard work just go to the junk yard and get this and this and your kit is complete. You remind me of customers who come and tell me, "Yeah man, just do this and this" and have no clue how much work it takes to get it done and in this case, make a bracket. It's not just measuring the distance and drilling two holes, if it was, you should be able to do it.

If they were to do all this hard work and sell the brackets, I would list them at a super high price. Why? Because it allows you to use 17" rims, find another setup that allows that.

"I bought my rear brembos for $150 shipped with project mu pads and brembo original STI rotors for only $100shipped"

-O jeez. This is what I wrote a blog on SupraMania about last night. Let me explain, those parts are most likely all used and that person had no idea he was under selling himself. After finding a deal like that, you now think that is what the price should be for Brembo rears. Find out what they really go for on Evo forums and you will see. These parts Steven will be selling are new, not used and lastly, he is not a person who is in need of money to list them at below fair market value like that guy you bought your parts from

Anyways, best of luck and do as you wish.

-They will and it will sell.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Couldn't agree more Andy.

People don't seem to understand that Steven and I still have full time jobs working 40-50 hours, and we both have two separate personal projects to do. Then find the time to engineer up turbos or Big brake kits.

So many hours have been put into it, testing 7 different calipers, and countless amount of rotors.

Nothing is 100% confirmed yet, so he isnt just gonna release information until they are on my car and tested. People need to be patient.

And once the info is released, like I said, you can't do much without Machining it.

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
I don't see why you would want just the brackets in the first place, since you don't even know anything about the kit. Who says it even has brackets??? Maybe there modified calipers? For the price I'm putting them at you couldn't even touch it if you attempted to source it yourself unless you find used calipers. Me having a shop, have a bunch of resources and took over a month to successfully source these calipers with someone that stocks more the 1 on the shelf. With out being a 2 month wait time from the factory.

I suggest you keep your words to yourself until you actually see a kit. Until then it's all hear say.

Albert

May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Well if there is a bracket set price accordingly:

Bracket $500
Full kit: $800

Until someone buys the bracket then copies it, then that leaves us where?

People who complain about a BBK for $700-1000 should go buy a newer car, their kits run $4k-8k

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
id rather have the fronts match my rear brembos and for close to the price of the wilwood kit im down. Almost forgot, I CAN KEEP MY MKIV TT'S/17s!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Your welcome guys, I've been selling parts here longer than most people. If Mike, Supracentral, saw my PayPal which is only used for SupraMania sales as I have no other use for it, he'd charge me a fee for using the site. :biglaugh:

I have dealt with a lot of low ballers and now that I am a very vendor and I sell catch cans and fuel rails, I have dealt with people who won't value your work. I've turned down many catch can sales and those who have paid for a catch can have been happy to report it works and their piping is oil free.

Keep going guys, there are members that will buy the kit and Albert, that bracket price should be more like $750.00. ;)

Albert

May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Its simple actually:

We scrapped the EVO calipers. Doesn't mean you can't run them.

4bab2b35-b234-2c23.jpg

4bab2b35-b23f-ef82.jpg

4bab2b35-b251-d30e.jpg

But they are not bolt on: as you can see he welds onto his spindle ear to get it to work.

We are gonna achieve no modification to the spindle, it will all be built into the caliper: it's better that way, it will bolt on.

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
No one said the evo calipers wouldnt work, if you for some reason absolutely for some hell of a reason needed them to work, yes you could get them to work.
But here are the pros and cons, majority cons

Cons
-----
-Wont fit any rotor with a bigger diameter then 12.5, unless you want the pads to stick off the top of the rotor, unless your a mad machinest that has a CNC mill that is willing to break down a 2 piece caliper, make a fixture, then machine X radius for the rotor your using.
-You have to make a bracket
-You have to modify your steering stop ear/screw to run that bracket
-Evo caliper isnt that big compared to others

Pros
----
-Suits your wants
-Same size brake line as are many

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Dude I already have the ARZ kit so it doesn't affect me at all. I'm just saying the majority of the mk3 guys would like a budget kit where they can source their own parts whether used or new, who cares. If its not possible just say its not possible. Didn't have to teach me about capitalism 101 just cause you think mk3 owners are cheap cause you sell them catch cans and fuel rails, lol.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
If you thought about your post commenting about the bracket, you'd realize it has been stated that unless you have a mill, it's going to be worthless.

With that said, the majority of MKIII owners are cheap and no I have not only found that out because of my vendor status, it has been known for a long time. There are a few that drop into the category that are willing to spend the money.

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Since you think most mk3 owners are cheap, all the better to sell a bracket only option so they can piece together their own kit with used items. Lol