Racing Hondas

Status
Not open for further replies.

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Alright, theres two guys at my school with a Acura RSX-S type and a Civic Si. They both think they drive formula 1 race cars revving them up all the time trying to show off. I wanna smoke soo bad:evil2: . Both cars are 05' with manual transmissions and Im pretty sure they suck at shifting. I have a stock 90' Supra Turbo with a auto tranny. Should I add a few things before I race them or can I take them already???

aaronmancilla

Aug 1, 2006
Los Angeles
The acura RSX-S is pretty good, yet i smoke one already since then i havent
race one.. as far the honda they are light but is a honda
get a boost controller is like 10 bucks
and you need a 3" downpipe and you can smoke them i gurantee you that

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Yeah those cars aren't bad from the factory, but like they said before boost controller, intake, exhaust and you shouldn't have to much of a problem. Lex AFM and 550's just to make sure you don't lose and leave them well behind you.

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
if your 7m turbo cant beat an rsx type s or this honda then in my opinion your car has problems. in my old 1g i smoked an rsx type s with my clutch about gone. and my wifes raced an rsx type s at the track in her camry and only lost by .01 secs in the 1/8 its a stock le v6 with a fart can and an intake. we have also raced several hondas in town and have yet to lose so. i think you wont have any prob's granted they are stock. now if they have upgrades then you should be allowed some upgrades but i think you'll win hands down. just my opinion.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
i have a couple buddies that had these...(one was wrecked racing-sc rsx, other was stolen-mostly stock) Ive seen two stockers run at the track and the best time out of like 4 runs was 15.2 Thats pretty much a baseline for a decent driver.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
You'll smoke the Si. The EP3 Chassis Si's are slow and heavy(as far as Civic's go.) The RSX-S though? Hmm.. I dont know. That one will basically come down to driver skill more than anything else. Do you know what all they have done to their rides by any chance? If they are both stock you will easily take the Si unless you suck at driving or if he is a really incredible driver. It's a toss up with the RSX-S though.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Assuming your car is in good shape, you can have a clean air filter and full 3" turbo back and leave everything else stock and you should have no problems with either as long as you're a decent driver ;).

Frozentide

TRD-4-LIFE!!!
Mar 15, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
SuperMan said:
Alright, theres two guys at my school with a Acura RSX-S type and a Civic Si. They both think they drive formula 1 race cars revving them up all the time trying to show off. I wanna smoke soo bad:evil2: . Both cars are 05' with manual transmissions and Im pretty sure they suck at shifting. I have a stock 90' Supra Turbo with a auto tranny. Should I add a few things before I race them or can I take them already???

Besides everything that everyone has already said.... a manual transmission!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
race em from a dig, build 2-3 psi by brake-boosting and then have some fun.

you lose, big deal, you toss some $$ at it and race em again

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Why do you even care? If they wanna rev and pretend to be race car drivers, then let them.

You think beating them is going to really change anything?

Save your time and effort for something else.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Guys, I don't think driver error will be an issue in his case with him having an Auto. ;)

Given you have somewhat sticky tires, building that boost off the line with your stock stall should keep you ahead of them the entire time.

Of course, this is completely dependant upon how healthy your motor is.

If you are COMPLETELY stock...and have a very healthy motor, with your auto, you should be nose to nose if not beat him by a tad.

Having a stock turbo should keep you spooled up completely when launching, (at least that's what I remember with a stock turbo).......so, go have some fun, carefully...and don't let them get to you if you lose. ;)

Win or lose, stress to them that your car is 15 years older than theirs. :)

-Jeff

Mar 22, 2007
Murfreesboro, TN
I use to drive an 05 Honda Civic Si and its only pushing 160HP with 130 Tq. The 1st and 2nd gear will kick pretty hard but i KNOW you will get him after he shifts to 3rd gear. Now, the RSX Type-S.........well that will be a good one. because thats already 210 hp stock without turbo and 190Tq. But i think you can get them both on the long run. Good luck though man!

MK3Fury

Jul 16, 2006
Middletown, OH
You should be able to take both with ease.. I had an 04 SVT Focus that ran a 15.1 in the 1/4 and I could RAPE the newer hatch civic si's and the rsx type-s was a drivers race really. When I had my STOCK mk3 running I RAPED my SVT....From a roll and a dig...

MidShipCivic

Honda/Nissan/Mitsubishi
Sep 19, 2005
Orlando Florida
RSX-S can run a 14.2 bone stock.

They are not considered a light Honda having a 2700 - 2800 pound curb weight.

They are responsive to bolt on modifications despite being an NA 4 cylinder car.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
you mean 15.2? 14 is not accurate.
MidShipCivic said:
RSX-S can run a 14.2 bone stock.

They are not considered a light Honda having a 2700 - 2800 pound curb weight.

They are responsive to bolt on modifications despite being an NA 4 cylinder car.

Status
Not open for further replies.