Racing Hondas

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
I stumbled on to this thread and I am in disbelief! How can you guys even compare some tin can honda pos to a supra??? Not even in the same league.

So what, your pos si can beat a 21 year old beater of a Mkiii na. BFD! And what did you pay for that 07 si? You got burned. Plus you have to be seen in a honda...very impressive...not.

Granted my car is turbo and modded, but don't make me laugh, I've smoked the riciest ricer turbo honda shitbox, no problem. In fact I wouldn't even entertain the idea of running your little front wheel drive 4 banger econo box.

If you love the honda so much, what are you doing here? Please don't post pictures of your honda piece of shit!

I hear honda owners talking your shit but it always gets real quiet when I hand them their asses.
No brag, just fact.

Last edited:

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
I'm here because I also love my Supra. I was only posting that I think that guys Si would win the race, and why I thought that. In my life I've had 38 cars, of which ONE is a Honda so don't write me off as some Honda fanboy. It's a good car like many I've had. I'm glad you have some much fun in your Supra as do I, But you sure come across like a jerk, so STFU.
I only posted a picture of my Si to show that I own both vehicles, and therefore have perspective from which my opinion comes.
BTW my Si costs 21k out the door, definately not a rip-off; a good bang for the buck which is one reason why I bought it.
We never heard the results of this race anyway, so I wonder if it ever happened?

Last edited:

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
shim your waste gate jusat a little bit to make sure you boostin 9lbs till redline,

make sure you start in first, and click to second before you reach 3k, so you dont miss shift, and once it clicks second click to third and keep your foot to the floor the whole time,

you will be neck and neck with them till about 65-70 at this point
you will be making 3 times the torque they have and and still pulling hard while their starting to lose momentum.

ive ripped the shoes off an rsx-s (s was red????) it was a joke at 40 i was in thid, heard him down shift, run out that gear shift and still lose i backed out of it at 80 being i was still ahead...

boogum7

May 24, 2007
Oregon
do the two guys that are arguing know that the supra is turbo?

from their posts they keep saying na, na, na.

lol i thought

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Hey SuperMan all you need to do is get and intake and a full 3' turbo back exhaust no cats and youll be fine boost should be around 8-9 psi cause of he exhaust. :evil2:

Ohhand for everybody else the car is an 90 SUPRA TURBO WITH AN AUTOMATIC TRANNY NOT AN N/A LOL.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
suprabad said:
I stumbled on to this thread and I am in disbelief! How can you guys even compare some tin can honda pos to a supra??? Not even in the same league.

So what, your pos si can beat a 21 year old beater of a Mkiii na. BFD! And what did you pay for that 07 si? You got burned. Plus you have to be seen in a honda...very impressive...not.

Granted my car is turbo and modded, but don't make me laugh, I've smoked the riciest ricer turbo honda shitbox, no problem. In fact I wouldn't even entertain the idea of running your little front wheel drive 4 banger econo box.

If you love the honda so much, what are you doing here? Please don't post pictures of your honda piece of shit!

I hear honda owners talking your shit but it always gets real quiet when I hand them their asses.
No brag, just fact.
jesus, i think i met the cockiest supra owner, evar

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
pimptrizkit said:
make sure you start in first, and click to second before you reach 3k, so you dont miss shift, and once it clicks second click to third and keep your foot to the floor the whole time
are you telling him to shift before 3000rpm? b/c i'm sure that wouldn't do him much good in a race, you've got a good 2500rpm+ of b00st s3x

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
thechori said:
are you telling him to shift before 3000rpm? b/c i'm sure that wouldn't do him much good in a race, you've got a good 2500rpm+ of b00st s3x

have you ever drag raced an auto??

if you start in drive there's a possiblity it wont shift down to first upon take off,

and by manually shifting it it still shift's at the high rpm it should, but just makes sure if he backs out of the throttle some that it doesn't shift up and it holds the gear.

i think you just missread what i typed.

if that was a five speed i would have told him different,

dont hold a rev but blurp the throttle in the rpm range you want to take off in, i usauly bounce my tach around 2-2.5k and try my best not to bog to much or slipp my clutch to long on take off. if i spin my tires ease out of the throttle some, not all the way, you dont want to blow off and lose your boost you have help created by spooling your turbo by bouncing the engine's rpm.

if you spin your tires at the top of first like i do, you need to make sure you shift before you hit redline, aswell as regain traction,. if you keep your foot to the floor spinning the tires you are only slowing your take off down, grabin second while the r's are high will help load the engine as the clutch is realised and putting you in a good rpm range for second.

from here on out some of us have the same issue in second, but for most, you just need to make sure you shift before redline, and slightly after max power. this is slightly different for cars dependent on mod's, i start feelin power lose around 6 and in my brother's car you can feel it at 5.5, extending it just a little futher again drops you in a better rpm power range for the next gear, waiting to long will slow you down at the top of the gear, not waiting long enough will take longer to build max power in the next gear,

i may not be the best there is, but i have a good insight on what needs to be done behind the wheel while competing.

i pratice launching as much as i want, i drive my sup for a livin at the moment.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Lol...Joe, this would be a good sign for all of us.

This means people out there are actually "searching" through threads :love:, but sometimes get caught off guard by daring thread names such as "Racing Hondas". :biglaugh:

To put everything into realization, 20 years ago, a car pulling off high 14 second 1320's was fast.

What has happened over time? That standard has been pushed higher and higher...so as anti-Honda as I can be sometimes, it's only simple to understand that as time progresses, so does technology.

With that being said...if this cat was that serious about beating these cars and didn't want to spend any money...All he'd have to do is unbolt that downpipe from his turbo elbow and line up.

Guaranteed win, For The Win. ;) A bit loud, though, but you guys speak of 'free flowing exhaust'. Problem solved. ;)

/THREAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.