you mean 15.2? 14 is not accurate.

No I mean 14.2

Car #617
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
an 05 RSX-S Runs 14.9 Stock... He had something done if he ran 14.2 or your track is messed up.

RSX-S is going to be a challenge... the Civic Si Runs 15.7's (or so the stock at my track did) stock so that shouldn't be too hard, A friend use to own a 03 RSX-S that wanted to run me in my Maxima, i would beat him, but then again I will beat a stock Supra as well... The Civic should be easy, the RSX-S will be difficult, i say this because the slightest mod on a RSX as stated will give gains... Race the Civic Si and make him feel stupid, leave the RSX-S till you have something to show

not saying this site is 100% accurate, but for all the cars I have ever checked that I owned, it was

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

MidShipCivic

Honda/Nissan/Mitsubishi
Sep 19, 2005
Orlando Florida
Merlyn said:
an 05 RSX-S Runs 14.9 Stock... He had something done if he ran 14.2 or your track is messed up.

No your messed up because there isnt an 05-06 RSX that dynos under 200whp, they are very capable of running a 14.2 it's hard to belive.

There's a 24 page thread.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=433872

Were talking about a 20+ year old car vs a 2-3 year old car here now.

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
Because of one weird occurance (and yes I say weird as every RSX owner there is in disbelief) the car does not run 14.2's... Anyone will tell you there are certain cars that just drive better... they are the frankin cars from the factory, always seem to just have that much more... A guy after him says, believable I ran a 14.3 with CAI and something else... yea you are correct bolt ons really effect the car, but when 1 car runs a 14.2 I am not going to say RSX is capable of a 14.2, hell stick me in 20 degree weather and my 1/4 will be effected... to say that is a stock car I don't believe (when i say stock, wheels that even came from the factory). The RSX-S just doesn't run 14.2s stock (95% of the time).

btw... post 36 by the guy who ran the 14.2... and no other mention of this coming in the mail or ordered ect...

"I dont know what im goin to do if i get a freaking 14.0-14.1x with jsut cai in these next two weeks, i might just shit myself!"

and on top of that, other RSX owners chimming in to my defense...

"I would love to see you come to cali and duplicate that time in 95* - 102* weather. Hell, it's about 70* now and you would be lucky to get a 14.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanti View Post
Jesus why do people be like "omg hard to believe" it's called a good driver. Who would seriously lie about their times on a forum like this.
You must be new...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng21tang View Post
i wouldn't say a high 14 car. i was say it's a middle 14 car. and the better or worst the driver are is where the extra tenths come into play.
It's high 14's. 14.7 > 14.9

When you say mid 14's, that's usually 14.5, ill even go on a limb and say 14.6, but mid 14's stock from the average driver,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslewis178 View Post
well actually i dont think it was that cold i had on jeans an a t-shirt but i would have wore shorts if i could race with shorts on!
WTF, dude said it was 48*, what, where you born in an igloo?"

Last edited:

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
No, but the thing is, you called a 14.2 second car... let me go race where the PSI of the air is 20... and the temperature is 32 degrees... and I am on a salt flat.. I bet my car will run high 13's stock, does not mean my car (02 Maxima) is a 13's car... the thing is... you said the RSX-S is a 14.2 second car... when in reality you are wrong... a person drove the RSX-S at 14.2 seconds... However the RSX-S is not on average a 14.2's car...

I am just defending the point of what a car is stock... these are numbers that come from the factory... I didn't make them...

as stated above my car is rated at 245 HP stock... stick in in the above conditions and I bet I will have 245 WHP... the RSX-S is a 14.7 Second car...

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
I own a 06 Si as well as my Supra. You should be able to take the 05 Si, but not the RSX-S. My Si has the K20Z3 rated at 197hp. The Acura has the K20A2 rated at 200hp. The difference is my Z3 has a different head and balancing shaft that takes 3 hp. HOWEVER the K20's are under-rated from the factory, as most are dyno-ing around 180hp at the wheels, and that would not make sense with drivetrain loss. Anywhoo...my Si is quicker than my Supra, which, granted is a N/A, but my Si is ALOT quicker. Both the RSX's and the 06 Si's run in the mid 14's no matter what the mags may or may not say. And the 6 speed M/T has perfect gearing to stay in i-vtec(5800 to 8200rpms) Anyway, if you can take the RSX, be happy, because that would be a good kill, but not an easy one. If he has I/H/E and Hondata which is common stuff, he'll be very tuff.
Good Luck

supraman24

Trooper
Apr 12, 2007
Prattville, Alabama
Hells yea! I agree w/ poodles...race him from a roll and he has no chance. The supra was built to do things like the 60 kick. So what if he beats you from a dig...you'll always be able to demolish him in a top end run!

kikwear002

Oct 16, 2006
Ft myers florida
Poodles said:
race em from a roll and laugh when his govenor kicks in
Rsx doesnt have a govenor. I have an 02 type-s with bolt ons, I had it turboed with 10 psi about 300 whp. Very decent

I also have a mk3 1jz supra that weighs 3027 running stock boost, 3'' exhaust, big fmic, and the supra is about as fast as the rsx was.

rsx's respond very well to bolt ons so be careful

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
No, not yet I might next week though. I found some things out about the Si- its an 06 and he claims to have a new ecu, cams, intake, full exhaust, around 250hp, not sure whether to believe him. Its definitely gonna be from a roll though. I need to start modding my car

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
youll take them from a roll with out a dout
I mean hell I'm N/A and for a roll I'ld try it just to see what would happen?

from a dig no but i would stress the fact that my cars 20 yrs old

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
Lots of mis-information and false speculation in this thread!
Well, I hate to tell ya, but you are toast. I have an 06 Si as I mentioned earlier AND a MKIII. The 06 Si is (under)rated at 197 hp. Most guys are dyno-ing 180+. When he says he has an ecu, what he means is he has had a hondata reflash, which lower v-tec engagement from 5800 to 4500. Also a very smooth transition on the cam switchover, and redline increases to 8500. Hondata gives 40 to 50 hp throughout the entire band, very useable hp. The reflash is most beneficial if I/H/E is done. If he has done these things, 250 whp may actually be a tad conservative. Add to this the fact that it has ideal gear ratios. With Hondata and I/H/E this is a 13 second car if he can drive decently. I am anxious to hear when you do run, just remember I told ya.
And silent sniper, my MKIII is N/A too and it won't stand a farts chance in a windstorm against my intake only modded Si.Not from a dig, and DEFINATELY not from a roll. My Si at redline in 5th is 133. 6th does not pull hard, but I know my N/A tops out at 145 so I think "demolish him at top end" is bull too.
He's gonna get there quicker too. Sorry, I'm a Supra guy as well as loving my Si, but unless he's bs'ing you about the mods, he'll get ya. And he might get ya even if he is bs'ing about the mods.

p612846_1.jpg

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
grsupra87 said:
Lots of mis-information and false speculation in this thread!
Well, I hate to tell ya, but you are toast. I have an 06 Si as I mentioned earlier AND a MKIII. The 06 Si is (under)rated at 197 hp. Most guys are dyno-ing 180+. When he says he has an ecu, what he means is he has had a hondata reflash, which lower v-tec engagement from 5800 to 4500. Also a very smooth transition on the cam switchover, and redline increases to 8500. Hondata gives 40 to 50 hp throughout the entire band, very useable hp. The reflash is most beneficial if I/H/E is done. If he has done these things, 250 whp may actually be a tad conservative. Add to this the fact that it has ideal gear ratios. With Hondata and I/H/E this is a 13 second car if he can drive decently. I am anxious to hear when you do run, just remember I told ya.
And silent sniper, my MKIII is N/A too and it won't stand a farts chance in a windstorm against my intake only modded Si.Not from a dig, and DEFINATELY not from a roll. My Si at redline in 5th is 133. 6th does not pull hard, but I know my N/A tops out at 145 so I think "demolish him at top end" is bull too.
He's gonna get there quicker too. Sorry, I'm a Supra guy as well as loving my Si, but unless he's bs'ing you about the mods, he'll get ya. And he might get ya even if he is bs'ing about the mods.

p619895_1.jpg

He said that the Civic in question is an '05 not an '06. (160HP vs.197HP) Two very different animals last I checked. Now I've personally driven an '05 Si many times and they aren't very fast. A healthy MK3 with a decent driver should be able to take him with little problems.

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
RHDMK3 check post #32....he said he found out that the Si is an 06, which you're right is a completely different animal. He won't be easy to beat, especially if the mods are accurate and the dude knows how to drive, as I said before. I wish him good luck though.

supraman0320

Banned - IN JAIL FOR STEALING FROM A MEMBER!
May 8, 2007
Antioch, Ca
supra_supra said:
Yeah those cars aren't bad from the factory, but like they said before boost controller, intake, exhaust and you shouldn't have to much of a problem. Lex AFM and 550's just to make sure you don't lose and leave them well behind you.

what is lex afm?

Status
Not open for further replies.