Project Git 'er done!: Stages 1, 2…now 3.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Sweet progress. I had to learn the hard way of not knowing the differences between the nose support piece when i was putting back my 91 that came with a 88 nose piece support for some reason. My euro 89+ turns couldn't be installed since the mounting points were much further close to the center.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Finally got home, and found a couple of parts waiting for me.
Got some proper sized corbin clamps for the heater core hoses, And some beautiful Tbolt clamps for the radiator hoses.

p1994646_1.jpg

p1994646_2.jpg

I won't be able to work on the car till maybe sunday, but now I can fill the cooling system. If that goes ok, I'll be reinstalling the dash.

ma67 lover

Dec 17, 2008
montana
supraguy@aol;1913464 said:
Had a small setback yesterday.
After I installed the head, I installed my AEM cam gears and torqued them down. Tried to check rotation of the cams, and neither one would budge a single millimeter.
I started freaking out in my mind, wondering if pistons were hitting valves, etc.

So I did this same thing too. I just went to napa and got some m6x1.5 (I think) nuts with no washers and she works just dandy. At first though when I put these on I tried to turn it over and just ripped the teeth off my timing belt haha nothing was moving at all.

I just went through your whole build tonight at work and took about 8 hours haha. I powder coated my tb also and so happy with the outcome but the screws were a beezy for sure! I am pretty meticlous myself and it was fun going through all of this. Thanks for peeping mine also. Can't wait for you to finally be able to drive the finished product! Again quality work man and keep at it.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Lol, thanks.
Yes, you sort of set a timeline of work in your mind, then when you get into that phase of the project(like throttle body), you suddenly realize you want to detail every facet of it, then it destroys the schedule.

ma67 lover

Dec 17, 2008
montana
supraguy@aol;1994765 said:
Lol, thanks.
Yes, you sort of set a timeline of work in your mind, then when you get into that phase of the project(like throttle body), you suddenly realize you want to detail every facet of it, then it destroys the schedule.

Exactly. My swap took 3 years because I also did all the suspension work and what not. This swap and full rebuild with over pistons is just about at the one year mark. I do dig your oil cooler setup and am going to do something similar now. Damn you for the good ideas! haha

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So, dash is in, and I'm working on setting up the needles.
For some reason, my tach and oil pressure aren't working. Not sure if it's because I left a few things disconnected, or if the gauges themselves are at fault. More research is necessary.

p1994845_1.jpg

Also, Got a good start on wiring in the MAFT pro. Just a few more connections to go.

p1994845_2.jpg

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So I picked up my lower IC pipe from the fab shop, where i had to have the inlet rotated about 10 degrees for proper alignment. Fits good now.
Then I locked down all of the IC piping. I was one clamp short, so had to order one. Then the induction system will be finished. Then I installed the intake system and both pcv lines to and from the catch can. I also ordered a few quarts of Amsoil severe gear 70w-90 for the tranny.
All that's left unde the hood(if there was a hood), is a couple of vac line clamps, and the evap cannister. Excited to get the new carpet in, and officially start Stage 3: interior.

p1995332_1.jpg

p1995332_2.jpg

PS- One other thing- Now that I've verified that the cooling system has no leaks, I will drain half the water out of the cooling circuit, and replace with Toyota red.